Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Can anyone help with my record player audio problem?  (Read 3284 times)

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
Can anyone help with my record player audio problem?
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »

Posted this here as there might be some fellow musicians able to give me advice.  Basically I got a new vinyl record player for Christmas and it's brilliant in all ways but one - it's almost completely bassless!  I already had a subwoofer and was just going to attach that, but after examining the new record player, I've noticed that there isn't a single output, not even a headphone jack.  Does anyone know how I can go about getting this thing fixed up so that I can put my subwoofer in?  I realise I'll probably have to send it somewhere to have it done.

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

nimrod

Re: Can anyone help with my record player audio problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:07:54 AM »

if it was me i would disconnect the speaker or speakers and extend the wire to better speakers..

that might help and is easy to try

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:20:41 AM »

Very true.  At the moment it's just running out of the not so glamorous in-built speakers.

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:20:56 PM »

Are you sure you have the speakers connected properly? That is with + and -.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »

The speakers should be fine - I literally got it out of the box brand new and haven't done anything to it.  It just suffers from sh*t built-in speaker syndrome!  As did my old one, but I attached a subwoofer to that and it was brilliant.  I only got a new record player because the old one broke rather dramatically, and I'm really disappointed in this one - I don't think I've ever come across one without at least one form of additional outputs at the back, but this one just has nothing whatsoever.

xxx

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »

And the amplifier attached to the record player is fine as well?

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 05:16:37 PM »

Unfortunately the whole unit is completely closed off, I can't look inside it at all without actually getting someone to take it apart, so I've no idea about the connections.  Trouble is, I can't find anyone who knows what they're doing enough to help me...  funny, considering I'm at a music university with hundreds of other people training to be sound engineers!   :-\

xxx

nimrod

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »

Its weird theres no headphone jack, which leads me to believe it is extremely cheaply made, hence the speaker quality, so unless your brave enough to  take a panel or two off, you'll have to either take it to a repair shop and ask them to do it or take it back to the dealer and change it or ask for a refund or put it on ebay and buy a better one..(preferably a separate turntable, amp & speakers)

I have a feeling the amp in it probably isnt powerful enough to drive a sub anyway.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:42:52 PM »

Its weird theres no headphone jack, which leads me to believe it is extremely cheaply made, hence the speaker quality, so unless your brave enough to  take a panel or two off, you'll have to either take it to a repair shop and ask them to do it or take it back to the dealer and change it or ask for a refund or put it on ebay and buy a better one..(preferably a separate turntable, amp & speakers)

I have a feeling the amp in it probably isnt powerful enough to drive a sub anyway.

I agree.  If there are no jacks then the player's amplifier will not be able to drive external speakers.
I can stay till it's time to go

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 12:31:57 AM »

Ah dear, you're both probably right.  I'm loathe to send it off, especially since it was a present, so I'll have to ask the person who bought it for me for the details, but perhaps I can get something done.  Or as you say, get a better one!  Thanks for the input guys.

xxx

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 53 queries.