Beatles forums > Songs

Beatles Songs Better in Mono

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sir John Johns:
I prefer Mono for all the songs - they sound like a ROCK band.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes:
Oh wow!!! Never before listened to Mono versions!!!! (Hard to believe eh?) I always thought (naive that I might be  :-[ ) that mono is when there is only the voice and no instruments (Blue Jay Way - with only the voice - is quite eerie!)

KelMar:

--- Quote from: Kaleidoscope_Eyes on May 10, 2012, 11:50:18 PM ---Oh wow!!! Never before listened to Mono versions!!!! (Hard to believe eh?) I always thought (naive that I might be  :-[ ) that mono is when there is only the voice and no instruments
--- End quote ---

I knew what mono is because I'm old but I couldn't understand for the life of me why anyone might prefer it. Check out the mono versions on YouTube, KE. I was amazed at how much better many songs sound and that overall I prefer mono.

--- Quote ---(Blue Jay Way - with only the voice - is quite eerie!)
--- End quote ---

Eerie is a good word for it, even with all the tracks! I'll have to look for it with just the vocals when I want to scare myself.  ;)

TomMo:
At the risk of bringing up an old controversy, my vote is for "Baby You're A Rich Man", but only the original mono from the first pressing of the single in July, 1967. And yes, this is the only version where the controversial fade out can be heard clearly. In the words of Dr. Winston O' Boogie, "You should have been there."

Brynjar:
She's Leaving Home is better in mono in my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version