Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: - * - George Harrison lifesize Marionette creation - * -  (Read 41901 times)

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
  • George Says - "PLay More Uke!"
Re: - * - George Harrison lifesize Marionette creation - * -
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 01:38:47 AM »

-

Finally !  I have not been able to access this Forum for the past week, so i have not been able to post a update.

The two new 'George' marionette videos are now up and running live via YouTube.  They debuted on August 1st.

Check em' out, and let me know what you think!

"That's What It Takes"

George Harrison Marionette - "That's What It Takes"

"If Not For You"

George Harrison Marionette - "If Not For You"

Now see George Harrison's music come to life in a most extraordinary way....

http://www.youtube.com/user/pizzatimeplayer

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2010, 10:38:36 PM »

-

Hope the new additons were enjoyed.

:)

A update now....

Two NEW videos are in the works...

'Life Itself' is still in Pre-Production and will be ready to go before the camera soon.  It was ready last month, but a new idea regarding it's overall visual 'look' is leading to some further prep work.   This will be a rather spiritual video somewhat ( much more so then 'Jai Sri Krishna' was) and a lot of care is being taken to capture that etheral vibe.  The beautiful song deserves special treatment...it should be quite nice when work is complete.

The second video looks to be the fullfillment of many viewers' desires.  For the past year, the #1 request i have recieved from viewers is to see 'George' perform a tune from The Traveling Wilburys.  Up until now it was not looking promising, as the 'problem' was that most of the Wilbury material has many of the vocalists taking turns singing within the track iself.   This does not really translate well visually when you only have ONE character performing...so i have had to shy away from covering this material.

After some rethinking, i remembered my absolute favourite Wilbury Era tune...and eureka.....it was plain as day as to what it could be done.  So this particular song is now being developed into a Performance Video for 'George'.

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »

A update....

Work is progressing ahead on the next two videos. Pre-Production work has been going on for a couple of months now, and some neat ideas have come to light that have made me to decide to dedicate some extra time to working on two specific visual elements related to the videos.

'Life Itself' was ready to be filmed last month, but filming was put on hold until work was complete on a seperate project that was needed for the shoot. That project is now complete, and the way is clear to start filming.

Here is a peek at a scene from the upcoming 'Life Itself' -
This image is of one frame of a animated sequence that will be featured during one of the instrumental segements.

'George' will also be sporting a new look in this video as well....to fit in with the mood. 'Life Itself' is one of Mr. Harrison's most spiritual compositions and extra effort is being taken to insure that translates into the overall visual look and 'feel' of the videotaped performance. Special considerations are being made on the lighting effects used, as well as some interesting scenes that invoke his peaceful residence.

The 'Wilbury' selection will be the follow up to 'Life Itself'. 

Probably the most exciting thing about the 'Wilbury' tune being performed is that it will require some additonal work in making something to be included in the presentation. A 'cameo' appearence is in the works....and it will be a fun addtion to the tune. Watch for more regarding that...in the future.

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 01:39:02 AM »

-
Hi Folks..

Long time since i have given a update here...so here goes-

Work is coming along nicely on the next video.  A lot of nice visuals are planned that fit the mood of the tune ( 'Life Itself' ).  Filming should be forthcoming soon once some final decisions are made regarding the sequence of shots.

Some new photos of 'George' have been uncovered...stashed away with others and overlooked until now.  I will share them here soon...

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 11:30:03 PM »

-

Greetings Friends...

Those promised 'lost' photos are here. 

Enjoy!

-

The search is  on for a real ukulele for 'George'.

Do you or someone you know have a spare brown/natural wood ukulele they would be willing to part with?   If you do, i am offering this unique one-of-a-kind hand painted Dark Horse Records t-shirt as a trade. 

Not only do you get to score this nice shirt, you will also be able to enjoy seeing 'George' use your ukulele in a future Performance Video! 

Here is a photo of the shirt up for grabs -
100% bright orange cotton tee, size Large , with hand painted large design on the front. 

Do get in touch if you have a uke.  I have recieved one very kind donation already from a good friend, but he did not want anything in return for it.  So the shirt is still here for the taking, for that lucky person who has a plain uke.

-

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 03:09:41 AM »

-

Today saw the dawning of a new creative age, as i have finally succeeded in converting my own videotaped productions into digital files.  This is HUGE ....absolutely huge on my end, as this is something i have been puzzled over for years on how to do and have always had to rely on others to covert my stuff, sometimes with less-then-steller results.  Today however, that has now been brushed aside and i am thrilled at the success of the two small experimentations.

I have created a short Instrumental video featuring 'George' that i compiled from some of the outtakes of a previous video shoot.  Basiclaly, it was a test to see if i could get my computer to do all the tasks asked of it, and created my first ever digitally edited video.  It was quite a experience, and completely different then what i am used to doing to put these videos together, but the experiment left me feeling excited about what else could be done.  After about 5 hours of figuring things out, uploading footage, editing bits, and adding a audio track....i have a neat minute and a half clip!   Once it is availible for sharing, i will do so here.

So things are coming together nicely as far as future productions go. 

This means there will be much more forthcoming regarding the 'George Harrison Marionette' project, for now i can film and then convert, edit, and upload in a more immediate way.   Production of the forthcoming Performance Videos will be much more streamlined and there will be more opportunities to take advange of sudden bursts of creativity.  It really is a big door being opened here....

Besides all of this, i also now have the ability to share many more photos of 'George' which will please those interested in this project.   There is a treasure trove of nice poses but until now the process to convert them was a slow one. 

Here are two new images ...from the recently created 'Instrumental' video.  Enjoy!

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 11:53:42 AM »

As ever, your attention to detail is extraordinary! Well done!
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2011, 10:45:08 PM »

-

Thank you CubanHeel...glad to hear you are enjoying!

-

The new short instrumental video with 'George' is ready for release.  Watch for a link soon!

Over 30 or so new photos of 'George' will be hitting his Facebook Page over the course of the next few days for those interested.  Lots of fun things to see, and some currant portraits. 

Link to the 'George Harrison Marionette' page : http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/George-Harrison-Marionette/108744329145003

Here are a few of the many recent photos.   Enjoy !

-

^^ A charming portrait of a leg-end...

^^ 'George' enjoying his recently aquired Hawaiian Uke kindly donated by a fan...

^^ Shooting a video segment ...

^^ 'George' cannot resist a little self-promotion for 'All Things Must Pass'...!

-

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2011, 01:35:00 AM »

-

More great news in the creative department....!

Today i experimented around some more with the video making program, and created a new experimental video with 'George'.  Here is a screen shot of the finished video for 'Someplace Else'

'Someplace Else' was filmed two years ago back when i shot the videos for "Thats The Way It Goes" and ''Devil and The Deep Blue Sea' .  Between shooting those,  i 'played around' with a couple of other songs, one being 'Jai Sri Krishna' which was eventually released....and this take of 'Someplace Else'.   Up until now i really did'nt feel it was worth releasing, as it looked far too similar to the previous three videos.   Thanks to the recent discovery of being able to convert my tapes into digital files..that has now changed.

I took the footage and used the program to enhance the visual look of it a little, giving it a different feel. This makes it stand out a little from the others.    'George' performs it in a mellow mood...and with the added sepia tone and slight camera move in, the once passed over performance now has a unexpected new life.

This will be released soon, as it is ready to go. 

The brief 'Instrumental' video i mentioned previously  will also be released.  This minute or so clip was also a experiment and has some nice images of 'George' doing various things that have yet to be seen.

And where is 'Life Itself' you ask?   Still awaiting filming.  All this recent experimentation is going to insure a even better end result for the next Performance Video.

Stay tuned!

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2011, 12:55:22 AM »

-

Today the new short 'Instrumental' video featuring 'George' was released. 

It is a brief but fun clip i put together with the new production system i have been experimenting around with these past couple of weeks. 

It is a special treat for those regular readers who visit the 'George Harrison Marionette' Facebook Page, but anyone who stops by to visit can have a look at the new video!

Here is where to go  -

http://www.facebook.com/georgeharrison#!/pages/George-Harrison-Marionette/108744329145003

Everything anyone would want to know about this project is on that page, with numerous photos. 

The link below will take you to one album featuring photos of 'George' in various poses for the interested or curious.  Over 30+ photos were added recently. 

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.108753762477393.13085.108744329145003

ENJOY!

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 10:07:46 PM »

-

-

Today sees a new 'George' video debut!

Just released the latest video featuring 'George'....exclusively on the 'George Harrison Marionette' Facebook Page.
It is the first of two videos of him performing the wonderful tune "Someplace Else". 

Here is where to go -

http://www.facebook.com/pages/George-Harrison-Marionette/108744329145003?ref=hnav

Named the 'sepia tone version' due to the nostalgic graphic look of the video, it was one of the first i created with the new post-production process.   It was originally shot two years ago, but was not released due to it looking too visually similar to the other 'George' Marionette videos that were made at that time.  Thanks to the new post-production process, the old footage took on its own unique look to set it apart.
 'George's' guitar playing movements are particularly nice in this video...so enjoy!

The second video for "Someplace Else", named 'full colour version' , will see release very soon. 
This will have a wide release, so it will be easy to find on YouTube when the time comes.

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2011, 12:18:35 AM »

-

Great news folks!

Filming is FINALLY underway for the long awaited "Life Itself" Performance Video featuring 'George'!

The past two days have been active, with half of the shots now complete. In the coming days the last half will be filmed, and then the real fun begins.

This will be done in a 'edited' style, with several different scenes peiced together to create a finished video. All the details can be found on the 'George Harrison Marionette' Facebook Page which has production notes now posted in the 'Discussion' section.

Stop on over and have a read...and watch out for new photos coming soon.

For those not on Facebook, i will post more info about the video here as it gets closer to completion.

I am glad to finally see some movement on this video....it seems like it has taken ages to get all the pre-production work done and have the availble chunk of time to actually film it.

-

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2011, 12:47:44 AM »

-

Filming is now complete for "Life Itself" ..and it has been a intense few days.   

Working with this music is effecting me on a deeper level and it is definately welcome. 
I think this will be one of the better 'George' Performance Videos to date.

The footage is being overviewed before the editing process, as there are several different takes to look at before deciding on what is best for the final video.  What i have looked at so far appears to be very nice. 
Many of the scenes involving the lighting effects came away looking really neat, with some delightful surprises. 
'George' was enjoying himself...and the finished video will reflect this.

Folks will get to see him play his guitar(s) in greater detail...and some spiritual elements are present in keeping with the reflected theme of the song.

Here is the first of a series of photos from the video....more to follow soon.

-

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2011, 09:51:51 PM »

-

Fantastic news....

A very special short PREVIEW of the latest 'George' video "Life Itself" will be taking place exclusively on the 'George Harrison Marionette' Facebook Page on Monday, August 15th! 

This special video showcases a few clips from the finished video, and will give readers there a peek at what is to come.

The FULL version of the "Life Itself" Performance Video will be released very soon....watch out!

-

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2011, 01:10:40 PM »

-

Today is the day folks...

The special preview of the new "Life Itself" video is now up exclusively on the 'George Harrison Marionette' Facebook Page.
Stop on by and check it out, as it is a neat peek into what is to come! 

Link to the Page :  http://www.facebook.com/pages/George-Harrison-Marionette/108744329145003

Some more photos from the video -  Enjoy!

-

-

-

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2011, 01:41:38 AM »

-

Hope those who took a peek enjoyed the Preview of "'Life Itself".

The recent editing session was a success and the FULL final version the "Life Itself" Performance Video is now complete and ready for release!

Monday, August 29th will see the full version of "Life Itself"  released.  'George' turns in a wonderful performance...perhaps his best to date. 

I am so pleased to finally see this video completed.
It has been a very long road ...almost a year now since the first ideas came about for how to approach this particular song.  I never thought it would take all this time to finish it, but the delay most certainly made the final video far better then it would have been if it had been completed earlier this year.  The new tools i have availible have had a very positive effect on the final release.
After all the preperation, considerations, and actual production work...at last it is finished and ready to be shared!

Watch for the link here on Monday!

Two more photos from the video....

-

-

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2011, 04:57:57 PM »

-

Today is the day folks....

The latest Performance Video featuring 'George' sees release!

Check it out here -

"Life Itself"

George Harrison Marionette - " Life Itself "

Enjoy!

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2011, 05:28:38 PM »

George is alive

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »

-

(laughs)

Indeed....

8)

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »

-

Some new photos of 'George' to share....as he recently dressed in some attire more befitting for the weather.

A moody shot....

...and a nicer portrait.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.626 seconds with 79 queries.