Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Follow Me  (Read 9544 times)

Re: Follow Me
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2004, 08:38:52 PM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=18 date=1088772600]His talents ARE increasingly being questioned? Right. Not by anyone that matters. I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same people who bought the bogus stories about how Lennon did everything creative and Paul was just the pretty face with the silly songs. The guy has already made his place in history and that will stand on its own. Not too many other people have done what he did. Contrary to what you believe, I don't own a single solo album of his and I'm not crazy about a lot of the post-Beatle stuff, but I still respect the guy for what he did and think he's a great performer. So what did Lennon do that was so spectacular after the Beatles? If Double Fantasy was the direction he was going in then he wasn't too far from the "vacuous fluff" you think Paul put out.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2004, 08:47:08 PM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=17 date=1088754103]

Yes, but thank god we'll have Georges stellar solo career to comfort us.

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2004, 08:50:50 PM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=19 date=1088772684]

Yes, let's not forget the great Traveling Wilburys.

[/quote]

What a pointless sneer that is. Any band conisting of, in part, Dylan, Orbison and Harrison has got to at least attract respect.

The music the TWs put down was interesting, funny, sad, rocking ... They were on it straight away, unlike ... um ... lemme see ... Wings.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2004, 09:39:23 PM »

Ok, I pointed out to you that I don't have any of his solo albums because you assumed that anyone coming to McCartney's defense is some sort mindless sheep that buys anything he puts out. Not so. How does it shoot down my credibility? I've heard his solo stuff. I like some of it. No, I don't have the albums, but then I don't have a lot of albums from artists I enjoy. So I guess I'm not allowed to have an opinion on any of them now. I love how you say the Traveling Wilburys have to attrack respect because the band consists of Dylan, Orbision and George despite the weak out put from such legends. So they should get the respect from their past glories? Is that what your saying? But not Paul right. Now you say their music was interesting, funny, sad, and rocking but Paul's was not. Not at all? Well guess what, that's YOUR opinion. And those that think otherwise are going to be put down as Paul acolytes????? Oy. So one sided you are.

So you just dismiss all of these songs?  Even though they did very well for him? So I guess it was just all those acolytes listening to the stuff.

Let me roll it
band on the run
live and let die
maybe i'm amazed
jet
no more lonely nights
another day
with a little luck
my love
c-moon
hi hi hi
listen to what the man said
take it away

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2004, 09:57:29 PM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=23 date=1088804363]Ok, I pointed out to you that I don't have any of his solo albums because you assumed that anyone coming to McCartney's defense is some sort mindless sheep that buys anything he puts out. Not so. How does it shoot down my credibility? I've heard his solo stuff. I like some of it. No, I don't have the albums, but then I don't have a lot of albums from artists I enjoy. So I guess I'm not allowed to have an opinion on any of them now. I love how you say the Traveling Wilburys have to attrack respect because the band consists of Dylan, Orbision and George despite the weak out put from such legends. So they should get the respect from their past glories? Is that what your saying? But not Paul right. Now you say their music was interesting, funny, sad, and rocking but Paul's was not. Not at all? Well guess what, that's YOUR opinion. And those that think otherwise are going to be put down as Paul acolytes????? Oy. So one sided you are.

So you just dismiss all of these songs?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2004, 10:07:12 PM »

You weren't stating it as your opinion. You weren't even talking about Paul in the end but his fans! Saying people that enjoy Paul's solo efforts are followers and like it because they are not smart enough to know better as you do is not giving your opinion on his music. It's giving your opinion on the people who like his music or who have the nerve to defend him. And when you say one band is better than the other and state it like it's a fact, well people then feel compelled to point out that it's all opinion.

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2004, 10:07:20 PM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=23 date=1088804363]
Let me roll it
band on the run
live and let die
maybe i'm amazed
jet
no more lonely nights
another day
with a little luck
my love
c-moon
hi hi hi
listen to what the man said
take it away
[/quote]

Is this the best you can serve up? Well, maybe it is ... you don't own any of his albums! Why offer this as proof? I never said all his stuff has worthless - just most. Anyway, there's still a lot of rubbish in your list. Here we go.

Let me roll it Yes, quite a nice offering
band on the run "... never seeing no-one nice again ..." Forgive me, this song does nothing for me.
live and let die It shows that it's George Martin-produced.
maybe i'm amazed Yes, yes ... it's a good song.
jet Meaningless clap-trap. Supposedly one of Macca's great "rockers", but it isn't
no more lonely nights Yecchh
another day A dreadful, stupid song. An advertizing jingle.
with a little luck You're putting us on Maccalvr; a ridiculous song
my love Whoa whoa-whoa whoa, my love does it good. What lyrics! One of the worst songs ever written by Macca
c-moon I actually like this!
hi hi hi And this!
listen to what the man said But not this
take it away Take it away!

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2004, 10:09:26 PM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=25 date=1088806032]You weren't stating it as your opinion. You weren't even talking about Paul in the end but his fans! Saying people that enjoy Paul's solo efforts are followers and like it because they are not smart enough to know better as you do is not giving your opinion on his music. It's giving your opinion on the people who like his music or who have the nerve to defend him. And when you say one band is better than the other and state it like it's a fact, well people then feel compelled to point out that it's all opinion. [/quote]

But we all know it's opinion. I know that it's opinion. I know that you know it is opinion. And everyone knows that everyone knows ...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2004, 10:14:05 PM »

Great. Thanks for the review. Yes I don't have any of the albums thanks for pointing that out again. That shows me! Yeah, I think it's good enough proof to show that he's dones some decent stuff as a solo artist whether you think so or not.
Now if you want to rag on Macca let's talk about his recent face lift or the fact that he just had a baby at 60 something years old! That's a little easier for me to make fun of than his music!

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2004, 03:08:25 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=15 date=1088751432]

You Macca acolytes [/quote]

That says it all.

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2004, 03:12:16 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=16 date=1088751761]Dear Charlie,

I wish you'd learn how to use the quote box. Please stop replying inside AND outside.

***I'll reply where I please.  We all have wishes, you should try for something bigger than where I quote.

Also: you say Not everyone predicates all opinions on their filters.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2004, 03:59:07 AM »

this is getting very Wayne-like with arguments over forced opinions and petty insults.  I personally enjoy Macca's post Beatle work (not all of it) even if sometimes the lyrics arent mind-bending.  the music is good imo

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2004, 07:17:06 AM »

Charlie wrote: .... you should try for something bigger than where I quote.

What on earth does that mean?

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2004, 07:21:02 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=31 date=1088827147]this is getting very Wayne-like with arguments over forced opinions and petty insults.

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2004, 09:59:28 AM »

[quote by=Bruno link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=1 date=1088643956]thanks for the link Maria. Any ideas of a site with the full Glastonbury performance by Macca? I'm dying to have the live version of Helter Skelter [/quote]

This link
http://www.maccacollector.com/madrid2004/madrid2004.htm
will give you the Helter Skelter played at the Madrid 30 May concert. In fact the whole concert is downloadable from this link. It's an audience recording, so it's not brilliant, but it's not too bad really. That's the best I can do for now ...

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2004, 06:28:39 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=32 date=1088839026]Charlie wrote: .... you should try for something bigger than where I quote.

What on earth does that mean?

**************My bad.  I should have used the word "'what' I quote".  But clearly you understood the point.

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2004, 07:59:26 PM »

I actually really liked the song. I mean, I realize that people expect a lot from Paul and I think maybe some people expect too much of him. He's done a lot, and I guess once you get to the top you can't go up any further though people still expect him too. I think that he's still got everything he once had it's just in the 40 years he's been doing music he's done it all. I dono, that's just my ideas on it all.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2004, 08:02:10 PM »

[quote by=ringorama link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=36 date=1088884766]I actually really liked the song. I mean, I realize that people expect a lot from Paul and I think maybe some people expect too much of him. He's done a lot, and I guess once you get to the top you can't go up any further though people still expect him too. I think that he's still got everything he once had it's just in the 40 years he's been doing music he's done it all. I dono, that's just my ideas on it all. [/quote]

You said it perfectly. I totally agree! :)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2004, 08:28:30 PM »

Maria, when you attack Charlie for how he composes his posts, you just look foolish.  Who cares where he attaches his messages, it's what is in them. Also  You say my signature is petty.  Well, i find calling someone on a Beatles site a Nazi because they made fun of him for posting random garbage to be a little comical, so i quoted it.  Why defend someone so willing to call another person an Nazi, or as he's done before, a Manson fanatic?

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2004, 09:56:53 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=35 date=1088879319]

*****************I quote where the words are.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 74 queries.