Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul McCartney & Wings on guitar hero 4  (Read 1929 times)

Paul McCartney & Wings on guitar hero 4
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:10:29 AM »

I checked all threads about Macca and I don't find any thread who would mention about guitar hero 4 (also knows as guitar hero: world tour)

so? isn't this amazing? one day I looked into guitar's hero: world tour official set list... and I stick with one name... Paul McCartney & Wings - Band on the run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

yeah I know it's sad, The Beatles aren't on guitar's hero, but hey at least part of The Beatles is there!!!

I wanna know what did you think? is it really cool that Paul's song is finally on GH4 or not? do you think "band on the run" is the best choice for GH4 or there's a better songs of Macca and Wings who would be better choice?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
Re: Paul McCartney & Wings on guitar hero 4
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 11:16:55 AM »

I hope its a live Wings version. I think the album version of the guitar is kinda weak compared to live versions of the song. I thinking Letting Go from Wings 76 tour would have been a better pick since it's pretty guitar heavy. But most people who aren't McCartney fans haven't heard that song let alone a live version of it. Band on the run is a logical choice for a Wings song to be on GH4.

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 11:22:39 AM »

Quote from: 403
I hope its a live Wings version. I think the album version of the guitar is kinda weak compared to live versions of the song. I thinking Letting Go from Wings 76 tour would have been a better pick since it's pretty guitar heavy. But most people who aren't McCartney fans haven't heard that song let alone a live version of it. Band on the run is a logical choice for a Wings song to be on GH4.

thanks for the comment!!! I still can't believe this :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

I think I have to celebrate this, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 12:22:41 PM »

That will be SO FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!  I personally can't wait for GH4 to come out, my sister and I beat GH3 and GH: Aerosmith in a matter of a few hours.

I heard rumbelings back not too long ago that they're trying to put out a Beatles GH but Yoko wasn't agreeing to it.

*sings*band on the run :)

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 05:22:14 PM »

Quote from: 1447
That will be SO FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!  I personally can't wait for GH4 to come out, my sister and I beat GH3 and GH: Aerosmith in a matter of a few hours.

I heard rumbelings back not too long ago that they're trying to put out a Beatles GH but Yoko wasn't agreeing to it.

*sings*band on the run :)

I hope so. I wish creators of GH will make something about The Beatles one day  :)

but I think "band on the run" isn't the greatest song of wings. I mean where's "live and let die"? or one of my favourites and one most underrated songs as like "soily"? anyway it's pretty great that they didn't forget Paul. it's sad that I haven't xbox360 and ps3 too. unfortunately I'll have to wait when GH4 will be on computer, if this will ever happen  :-/

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 05:30:01 PM »

I'm not sure if they'd release it for computer, I don't think that they've released GH3 or Aerosmith for computer, I could be wrong though.  Aren't they releasing it for PS2???

I doubt they'd ever put a song like Live And Let Die on a GH game.  The guitar parts are good but I think now they're going for more all around songs with the introduction of a drum kit, so how would they really do a flute and keys?  I would really like to see Soily on there now, lol now that I've actually heard it (thanks to JimmyMCFan lol!)

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 07:01:21 PM »

Quote from: 1447
I'm not sure if they'd release it for computer, I don't think that they've released GH3 or Aerosmith for computer, I could be wrong though.  Aren't they releasing it for PS2???

I doubt they'd ever put a song like Live And Let Die on a GH game.  The guitar parts are good but I think now they're going for more all around songs with the introduction of a drum kit, so how would they really do a flute and keys?  I would really like to see Soily on there now, lol now that I've actually heard it (thanks to JimmyMCFan lol!)

it's funny because now I playing GH3 on my computer. did I downloaded something "illegal"? looooooooooooooooooooooooool

anyway, now I have a respect to GH and all of those who had time to think about person who was in one little band called THE BEATLES  ;D (sarcasm)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 08:05:59 PM »

There are a lot better guitar driven Wings songs then BOTR. Letting Go, Girls School, Old Siam Sir etc

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 08:23:16 PM »

While I'm glad they picked Wings, they should of selected one of their songs that really rocks like Hi Hi Hi or I've Had Enough!

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 07:45:37 AM »

Quote from: 682
There are a lot better guitar driven Wings songs then BOTR. Letting Go, Girls School, Old Siam Sir etc

I agree, but "band on the run" is one of the famous songs by Macca and Wings, and not so many people can know about others kick ass songs such as: "letting go", "soily", "girls school", "spin it on", "rockestra theme" I even can think about "pretty little head" but the original one!

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 12:24:40 PM »

I think one of the reasons Wings and Band on the run inparticular is on GH4 is that its been getitng a lot of covers by big bands of late like foo fighters and so its kinda came right back into style

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 56 queries.