Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yellow Submarine Remake  (Read 7495 times)

Almighty Doer of Stuff

• A Beginning
Re: Yellow Submarine Remake??
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 03:44:55 AM »

What on earth does that have to do with Yellow Submarine?  ???

I might see this remake if they use the original Beatles songs and professional, talented voice actors. If they cast Zac Effluvia and the Gonads Brothers as The Beatles and have them rerecord the songs, no way in Hell will I see it.

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
Cast For "Yellow Submarine" Announced
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 08:56:31 PM »

Quote from:  Rolling Stone Magazine
Previous Next
Latest
 Actors, Tribute Band Cast as Beatles in Zemeckis’ “Yellow Submarine” Remake
1/12/10, 9:03 am EST

Photo: Getty Images
Director Robert Zemeckis’ 3-D update of the Beatles’ animated Yellow Submarine has found its crew of actors to voice the Fab Four, with The Princess Bride star Cary Elwes leading the cast as the voice behind George Harrison. According to The Hollywood Reporter’s Heat Vision blog, Dean Lennox Kelly will voice the John Lennon character, Peter Serafinowicz will play Paul McCartney and Adam Campbell will portray Ringo Starr, and all four actors are reportedly negotiating their deals to appear in the Disney film.

Look back at classic shots of the Beatles.

For the performance footage in Zemeckis’ motion-capture take on Yellow Submarine, the Back to the Future director has recruited “The Ultimate Beatles Band,” the Fab Four. Producers for Yellow Submarine have secured the rights to the Beatles’ music, so the songs in the film will come courtesy of the real Fab Four and not the tribute band. By hiring actors to portray the Beatles, Zemeckis is keeping in tradition of the original film, which also employed voice actors in place of the actual band. The Beatles themselves only appeared in the film’s live-action epilogue.

As Rolling Stone previously reported, Zemeckis was interested in bringing in the two surviving Beatles, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, to contribute to the Yellow Submarine remake. With actors being cast in their roles, it’s unclear whether Zemeckis still has plans for the pair, but considering new Spock Zachary Quinto interacted with old Spock Leonard Nimoy in the Star Trek reboot, Zemeckis — who is writing the screenplay — can surely construct a subplot where the faux Macca and Starr meet the real Paul and Ringo.

The Beatles’ complete album guide.

Aside from his performance in the cult classic Princess Bride, Elwes is also known for his starring roles in Saw and Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Lennox Kelly also starred in the role of Robin Hood in a BBC series based on the famed archer. Comedy fans know Serafinowicz as the yuppie roommate from Shaun of the Dead and the guy who stole Simon Pegg’s girlfriend in Spaced. Campbell appeared in Epic Movie and Date Movie.

Zemeckis reportedly hopes that the cinematic release of Yellow Submarine will coincide with the London Olympics in 2012. A stage musical version of the new film is also rumored to be in the works.

link: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/01/12/actors-tribute-band-cast-as-beatles-in-zemeckis-yellow-submarine-remake/

What do you think of all of this?

Just my two cents, it'd be kind of ironic if in getting the surviving Beatles in it they incorporated them into the "Sea of Time" part somehow, you know, seeing themselves older...

The name's Emily :)

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
Re: Cast For "Yellow Submarine" Announced
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 09:48:56 PM »

What???? The guy who plays Wesley in Princess Bride does George's voice? Nice!
I looked up the guy who will do Ringo's voice, and I was suprised. I'm iffy on that one.
And as for Paul and John's voice, it could work!  :)

George does not approve.

blackbird_

• A Beginning
  • I'm feelin' low, so get me high.
Re: Yellow Submarine Remake
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 06:26:45 PM »

Not liking the idea of this at all. For one thing, Disney is by no means what it used to be.
For another, I think this is just going to be another movie spawned from this 3D gimmick. I mean, ever since Avatar came out, everything is coming out in 3D, even films that were still in production at the time and were not originally meant to be in 3D. Plus The Beatles themselves are becoming a bit of a gimmick. I mean, I have no issues with the fact that the Rock Band game and the remasters brought on new fans, the more the merrier. But doesn't anyone else notice a lot more supposed fans popping up that know little or nothing about The Beatles. It might just be where I live..
I'm not saying it'll necessarily be bad, and I'll probably see it as a fan, my expectations just aren't high. Who knows? I could be proven very wrong.

I'd love to turn you on.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.432 seconds with 44 queries.