Solo forums > George Harrison

Overrated.

(1/6) > >>

Kevin:
Ok-here we go.
I think George, as an artist, is somewhat overrated. He came up with a handful of good songs while a Beatle. And please don't say that's because Paul and John stifled him. Look at All Things Must Pass- the best songs he'd been saving up and at best its an OK album (noone but an ardent Beatles fan would put it in their top 50) then its downhill from there (Extratexture, 331/3, Darkhorse are just plain ordinary).
As a vocalist he's mediocre-check him out live on Bangladesh-he struggles to hold a note. None of his Beatle vocals are exceptional (again at best he's OK, but no range, no emotion).
And as a guitar player-what does he do that Paul (and a million others) can't?
Alright-let me have it!

Bruno:
ATMP is an awesome album and the title song is far from being the only good  number. My Sweet Lord, Isnt A Pity, Apple Scruffs, Beware of Darkness, The Art of Dying... it's easily one of the best albums by a former beatle.
I do agree that the following albums weren't as good as the first one but they have good songs. Cloud Nine is a pretty good album.

Kevin:

--- Quote from: Bruno ---. it's easily one of the best albums by a former beatle.
I do agree that the following albums weren't as good as the first one but they have good songs. Cloud Nine is a pretty good album.
--- End quote ---

Agreed-but the competition ain't that good is it?
I think "pretty good" pretty well sums it up

Mairi:
Only somewhat overrated. Sadly, he was not paid much attention when he was alive as when he was dead. And now, just like John, people tend to put him up on a pedestal.
That's not to say that George hasn't written some killer songs.

Fried_Chicken:
hes not overrated

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version