Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Have you ever seen The Beatles in concert? Or one of them?  (Read 9932 times)

Pattie

• One And One Is Two
Have you ever seen The Beatles in concert? Or one of them?
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:34:41 PM »

Hello everyone!
I really don't know if this topic has existed before.
But I think that It's a great idea to share our experiences and if we have gone to any concert of them and if We have photos too of that wonderful moment.
As the tittle says, in this topic We can talk about our Beatles's concert experiences (If you went to anyone in our life) or We can talk about a Solo concert of any of them.
Have you ever gone to any? Which Beatle have you seen? What did you feel and think? Have you got any photo of that concert to share with us?

I have two experiences. And those were the most amazing that I've ever lived.
In november 2010, Paul McCartney came to my town (Buenos Aires, Argentina). I don't have words to explain what I really feel. I remember that the concert was announced 1 month before. So the day that the tickets were published to buy them, I woke up at 5 am and I went to the tickets shop. There was a line of people. And the doors opened at 10am. It was october. I finally booked my ticket at 12 o'clock, and I couldn't believe it! I was going to see Paul McCartney, was it just a dream?
I couldn't sleep the night before the concert. You cannot imagine how I cried for the moment that the show started. But It was a cry of happiness, It was very emotive for me, because all those years before I was thinking that Paul wouldn't come anymore to my country.
I have a lot of pics and videos that I will upload the following days.

My other experience was with Ringo Starr. Last year (2011), in november too, He came to Buenos Aires for the first time. And I felt the same that with Paul. I enjoyed a lot that concert, because It was very funny, and there were other musicians with Ringo from other bands that played their own classics. So It was an enriching experience.
And I have photos and videos too. If you want I can upload them too!

And now you, share with us if you lived some of these experiences! ha2ha

Byebye!

P.S: Sorry for my English. Ask me if you don't understand a thing.

eveningsungodown

• One And One Is Two
Re: Have you ever seen The Beatles in concert? Or one of them?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 07:31:37 AM »

I saw Ringo and his All-Starr Band probably 10 years ago or more. I desperately want to see Paul before he stops touring (although hopefully that won't be for a "long, long, long" time.) I'll be studying in Buenos Aires this summer actually, so if Paul happens to decide to play there again, I wouldn't complain.
Step on the gas and wipe that tear away.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:24:39 AM »

I saw the All-Stars in 2000. Nice experience. Dave Edmunds is a particular fave of mine and Jack Bruce was fun.

I've seen no other Beatles, though.

:(

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

nimrod

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:55:44 PM »

never seen any of them

Paul came to Oz a couple of years back but missed Brisbane, I was gonna go to Sydney or Melbourne but it was $600 for tickets- flights- hotel plus food- taxis etc so about $1500 for 2 of us, it just seemed too much at the time.

walrus_21

• A Beginning
  • But I tried.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 01:51:30 PM »

Paul, 2009, Koln, Germany

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »

Paul, May 2003, Moscow, Russia

marthagoesruff

• One And One Is Two
  • my dog he has 3 legs. no my dog really has 3 legs
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »

PAUL, 2009, ARLINGTON, TEXAS

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »

Paul
1990 Worcester, Ma
1993 Atlanta, Ga (last day of honeymoon)
2002 Atlanta, Ga
2005 Atlanta, GA
2009 Atlanta, Ga

I know this sounds greedy, but I desperately want to see him at least one more time...before... ;sorry

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »

Ringo twice and Paul 5 or 6 times. I'd have to look to be sure.

KelMar

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 04:30:59 AM »

Great topic Orne! I have never had the chance to see any of the Beatles in concert and don't think I ever will unfortunately so I'll enjoy hearing from you lucky ones.  ;)

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »

Paul McCartney in Parken, Copenhagan 2003. Would like to see him once more though as I went alone... would like to go with my girlfriend now.
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »

They visited NZ once and never came back again .... But I really do hope to see either Ringo or Paul sometime in my life.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 11:42:24 AM »

I have seen Paul six times in total - the first was in 1990, I think. I saw him in London (three times), Liverpool (twice) and Glasgow once.
Have never seen Ringo - unfortunately, I couldn't afford a ticket for his most recent UK tour.

My mother and father-in-law saw The Beatles at Paris Olympia in January 1964. They were in Paris on their honeymoon and saw the posters for the concerts and bought tickets for a show that same week. Seems bizarre now that you could walk up to a box office and just buy a ticket like that!! I think the band were in Paris for a two-week residency or something, plus they weren't that big in France at the time, so tickets were easily available, I suppose.
They have a signed programme from the show - a waiter at their hotel had a friend working at the Beatles' hotel so they gave him their concert programme to get signed. They have never had it valued so it may be that the signatures were done by Neil Aspinall or someone, as I know that was common at the time. But they did see Paul leaving the theatre after the show they went to and got his autograph themselves, so they at least got one genuine one - and maybe the others are too.

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 11:43:23 AM »

my big sister got to see them at the second ed sullivan show.
 ;yes

Wow! How cool is that!   :D  :D

Pattie

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 12:58:36 AM »

Peterbell1! So you are going to have, in the future, some Beatle's signs! You are so lucky! It's incredible.

KelMar

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 05:11:49 AM »

My mother and father-in-law saw The Beatles at Paris Olympia in January 1964. They were in Paris on their honeymoon and saw the posters for the concerts and bought tickets for a show that same week. Seems bizarre now that you could walk up to a box office and just buy a ticket like that!! I think the band were in Paris for a two-week residency or something, plus they weren't that big in France at the time, so tickets were easily available, I suppose.

They were there for three weeks and from what I've read it was a very different crowd from what they were used to. There wasn't a lot of screaming so maybe your in-laws actually got to hear The Beatles!

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »

Peterbell1! So you are going to have, in the future, some Beatle's signs! You are so lucky! It's incredible.

Well, I don't know. That would mean I have to be nice to my in-laws, and I'm not sure any Beatles autographs are worth that!  ;D  ;D

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 12:09:53 PM »

Only seen Paul in 2010 unfortuantly I missed Ringo playing in my area last year because I was on holiday.

Sir John Johns

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 02:02:58 PM »

Only seen Macca a couple of times.

1st time I went to see him, we bought a ticket for my Mother In Law who went to the first Beatles show at the Cow Palace in San Francisco - She didn't enjoy the Cow Palace because the screaming was too loud and she couldn't hear the music. Some 40 years later she finally got to hear Paul sing live.

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 01:36:41 AM »

I have seen Macca at the berkeley flowers in the dirt tour 31 March 1990 and i was outside the venue for his latest world tour at ATT park in San Francisco 10 july 2010. it sounded pretty good outside the stadium, though i wish i had been able to go inside. i heard bits and pieces of the Paul McCartney US Tour 2005 in san jose, i was outside the venue for that show also. Macca is an amazing performer and has quite a good voice even to this day.
day tripper yeah
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.506 seconds with 85 queries.