Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: great quote  (Read 946 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
great quote
« on: November 05, 2015, 04:46:12 PM »

this came onto my timeline on FB, love the quote:

"It’s easy to look back now, four and half decades after The Beatles dissolved, and assume everything they did was part of some mapped-out logical plan, a series of historic set-pieces that now fit a trajectory we’ve all had time to evaluate. But it wasn’t. A lot of it was spontaneous experiment, perfectly preserved in this box-set and its extras and rarities. All of it was achieved at a fierce, creative pace that still seems barely believable. In every split-second of their staggeringly productive reign, they wrote, recorded, toured, filmed, promoted and tried to live the semblance of a normal life." - Mark Ellen

I have no idea who Mark Ellen is but great description of what is taken for granted sometimes.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: great quote
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:42:09 PM »

I have no idea who Mark Ellen is but great description of what is taken for granted sometimes.

That does express it well. Mark Ellen is a journalist, editor, broadcaster and, oddly enough, a former band mate of Tony Blair. That Tony Blair. LOL But I didn't know either till I looked it up.

Page created in 0.377 seconds with 36 queries.