Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The most awe inspiring place you've been  (Read 9411 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: The most awe inspiring place you've been
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 03:08:09 PM »

I have very little love for maps but I confess that I was pretty fascinated with my front loading high efficiency washer when I first got it. I even pulled up a chair the first time I ran it so I could see how it worked. It was at least as interesting as some of the stuff I've seen on TV. ;)

It's sad but true. TV is 90% nonsense. There's something about a washing machine ...!

Rain Man *HD*

1:19:40
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 10:55:34 PM »

You guys are making me VERY homesick for the East coast. I'm in North Dakota now....nice fall foliage, but it's definitely not the same.

Could be worse...I could still be stuck in northeastern Nevada, where there is virtually no color, unless you count "dun."  :P 

KelMar

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 05:34:09 AM »

Rain Man *HD*

1:19:40

Barry, you're funny! But yeah, I did start thinking about Rain Man after I said that. I also really like vintage fans but I only have one. LOL

KelMar

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 06:18:58 AM »

You guys are making me VERY homesick for the East coast.

Then come visit next Fall! We could meet at Letchworth State Park. You would love seeing the colors there.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2012, 01:14:49 AM »

Barry, you're funny! But yeah, I did start thinking about Rain Man after I said that. I also really like vintage fans but I only have one. LOL

Rain Man is a powerful movie, Kelley.  Every time I watch it, I wonder where on the spectrum each of us are.

KelMar

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 01:22:18 AM »

Rain Man is a powerful movie, Kelley.  Every time I watch it, I wonder where on the spectrum each of us are.

I agree Barry. I hope it didn't sound as though I was making light of the movie or its subject. The children I've worked with who were on the spectrum were among my favorites. Life isn't easy for them but it's so gratifying to see how far we've come with diagnosing and addressing autism. When I first started in education there was no spectrum and a lot of kids fell through the cracks. Now it's amazing to see what many of them can achieve.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 01:41:40 AM »

I knew that you're well-trained and knowledgeable on the subject, Kelley.  I was merely sharing my thoughts. 

Rain Man is one of my favorite movies.  It does combine drama with some humor.  That's why I like it so much.  Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise were superb.

KelMar

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 04:30:53 AM »

Oh good. Yes, it is a wonderful movie. There was a quiz making the e-mail rounds a while back that was supposed to show you if you're on the spectrum. I don't know how accurate it was but I took it and I'm on it. I suspect most of us would be though; we are just fortunate to be able to spread our focus around. And now back to our regularly scheduled topic...

KelMar

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 04:36:59 AM »

You guys are making me VERY homesick for the East coast. I'm in North Dakota now....nice fall foliage, but it's definitely not the same.

Maybe this will help...

Fall is a season of change and as the days become shorter and the nights cooler, I invite you to fall in love with the world again while enjoying the full spectrum of colors offered by our new fall foliage Leaf Fall and Leaf Drop live cams. Nestled in a patch of woods on a farm in Ipswich Massachusetts, the cams rest on a White Ash and a Red Maple that promise brilliant shades of yellow, orange, red and purple.

http://explore.org/#!/live-cams/player/leaf-fall-foliage-cam

Just make sure you look at it during the day!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 49 queries.