Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

SMILE!

(1/4) > >>

Kiss My Bad Self:
In 1967 Brian Wilson was trying to wright an record an album called Smile whicn was due to be the Beach Boys follow up to pet sounds and a reply to Revolver. Brian was getting more an more strung out on drugs and his ambitions for the album were getting harder an harder to realise. When the Beatles released SGT Peppers Brian gave up on smile an had a breakdown. The so called production race between the Beach Boys an the Beatles had been won by the Beatles an Brian never fully recovered his old genius. But now on the 28th of september 38 years after the year it was meant to be released Smile is now going to be hitting the shops. THis year Brian Wilson went back to the old Smile tapes and put the finished them. Beach Boys songs like Good Vibrations, Heroes an Villians, Surfs Up, and Cabinessence are all meant to be on this album and these are some of the best Beach Boys songs i think. I am really excited about hearing this album as i reckon it will be one of the best albums for a long time. Also i think if it would have been relesed in 1967 the Beach Boys may have won the production race against the Beatles and Brian wouldnt have had a breakdown an would have gone on to better things maybe. Smile would have probably took SGT peppers place as the album of the sixties. I think Smle is a concept album about America's expansion westwards an carries the message that we should all live the life we lived before cities an modern technology. Its also split up into four sections. One section is called the elements section an has songs about water, an fire an that.

The End:
I always hoped Brian Wilson would return to the Smile tapes and finish the album the exact way he visualised it. This is EXCELLENT news!!!

Kiss My Bad Self:
I hope its exactly how he visualised it but i dont know if it will be. He's an old man now an very different to how he was in the sixties i think, an he dosnt take LSD now. I just hope it dosnt turn out really bad an that he's gone back to the tapes an just quickly patched them up to cash in on them.

The End:
Yeah, me too. But he has been touring Smile, so maybe he has a better idea of what it should be now than he had back then. Who knows!

Kiss My Bad Self:
yeah. no one can ever say if it sounds like how its meant to or not cos this is the only version of smile that will ever be relesed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version