Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The 4 Horsemen (Beatles) of the Apocalypse  (Read 3602 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
The 4 Horsemen (Beatles) of the Apocalypse
« on: September 21, 2019, 04:32:14 PM »

Years ago, I read an article in which the author speculated that the Beatles were the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse and that their arrival portends the end times for human civilization.

I just wonder - does anyone out there tend to think this might be true?

I mean the Beatles attracted global attention; they still do.

If they literally are the Horsemen, then I think their songs and albums would contain messages to that effect.  There would have to be many clues in their catalog.

If I feel like it, I will speculate more on this subject.  But, if there is a lack of interest or objection to this topic, I will not.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: The 4 Horsemen (Beatles) of the Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 07:00:16 PM »

I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 08:47:40 PM »

Years ago, I read an article in which the author speculated that the Beatles were the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse and that their arrival portends the end times for human civilization.

According to Vincent Bugliosi's book Helter Skelter, Charles Manson believed this. I think he thought he'd be one, too, which would make 5 Horsemen, but it's been awhile since I read the book and so might be wrong about that.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 11:41:48 PM »

I just wonder - does anyone out there tend to think this might be true?

Hmm not sure I have to ponder that one for long...

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 05:31:29 AM »

Well, there's the Penny Lane video
 ;D
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 06:00:30 AM »

Well, there's the Penny Lane video
 ;D

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 12:54:23 PM »

Hello:  Thanks for posting that link.  I enjoyed reading it.  I noticed that the majority of commenters were dismissive of the author's viewpoint.  I expect that attitude to be the prevailing sentiment on any forum, even though that is a Christian forum.  So, why are all the anti-christian naysayers visiting it?  Puzzling, but I've seen this phenomenon practically everywhere.

So, keeping this in mind, I will be cautious with further follow-ups to this topic.

However, this is the not the article I read.  The one I read was probably in 1968 or 69.  It was not written by a fundamentalist type Christian and I don't think it portrayed the Beatles as demonic or satanic.  It was more or less a consideration of whether the heavily symbolic purported prophecy of the Apocalypse was being fulfilled in that decade. 

The Book of Revelation/Apocalypse is symbolic and dreamlike.  That very style of writing invites readers to analyze and speculate as to its meaning, whether figurative or literal.  Modern day religious thinkers tend to adopt a more cryptic view about what Words of Scripture may mean.  This process of thinking has evolved over the centuries due to the progressive renaissance of education as well as empirical experiences that demonstrate that literal interpretations of Scripture tend to fail and that these interpretations are subject to bias depending on what the narrator/facilitator wants to convey and achieve within the minds of his/her audience.

Do I believe that the Beatles are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?  Again, a literal interpretation tells me "no," they are not.  But there is another part of me that wants to explore the concept of it.  That's why I posted this topic and in doing so I hope there are readers who are not entirely adverse to the consideration of it.

And thank you for reading, for your comments, and - Good morning - Good morning - Good morning to you!!  The part that is missing here is the chickens clucking.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 12:56:34 PM by Loco Mo »

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 01:40:35 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KCbqhJt16k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KCbqhJt16k</a>

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 02:23:06 PM »

After the Four Horseman, the King will come!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI</a>

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 12:00:50 AM »

I think my post should be removed.  I reviewed the Forum Rules and I saw that topics regarding religion are not permitted here.  I felt unsure about this initially but ignored my feeling and posted anyway.

I don't want to violate the rules.

I apologize for this.  Could someone clarify this for me?  Thank you.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 12:45:57 AM »

I doubt you’re offending anyone Loco. And it is Beatle related. Not my decision of course though  ;D

I just find these various, Beatles are angels, Beatles are the four horsemen, the Beatles never existed and were part of a globalist conspiracy etc etc more amusing then anything. As influential and important as they were for that brief period in the 60s, they hardly rank up there with politicians, religious leaders and the changes brought about by developments in different countries  (eg the rise of China, fall of USSR) as altering the course of global events.

So, even if your beliefs allow for such things as horsemen of the apocalypse, the ultimate influence of the Beatles wasn’t of the magnitude to even need to bother entertaining the notion that they were any of these things.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 01:14:48 AM »

I think my post should be removed.  I reviewed the Forum Rules and I saw that topics regarding religion are not permitted here.  I felt unsure about this initially but ignored my feeling and posted anyway.

I don't want to violate the rules.

I apologize for this.  Could someone clarify this for me?  Thank you.

This thread conforms with Forum rules, Loco:  **FORUM RULES** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Carry on.  ;)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 01:25:14 AM »

Thanks, Moog.  My goal is to be amusing.  So if I've succeeded, I am content.

After it became known that the Beatles broke up, John said that the Beatles were just a band, and that their breakup wasn't anything to be upset about.

But the Beatles entered into our culture in a way that turned them into both legends and human Gods.  Hence, so many have attributed so much significance to them, their songs, their lives, their lyrics supposedly infused with mysterious meanings which needed to be deciphered for the enlightenment of the masses.

Understand the Beatles, categorize them, and become them in the process.  Being on their level - what a magnificent dream.  But you're right, Moog, and so was John.  They were just a band, that's all.  Nothing important really.

By the way, the Book of Revelation is literature to me.  There's nothing in it that predicts the end of time.  When that time comes, you're not going to look up at the Sky and see figures on horses.  I hate to think of how the end will come but a too hot and getting hotter planet is probably our ultimate non-sequitur.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 01:31:15 AM »

Hello:  Thank you for the sanction of my topic.   I shall retire now and I expect to sleep most peaceably as a result.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 01:57:07 AM »

Thanks, Moog.  My goal is to be amusing.  So if I've succeeded, I am content.

After it became known that the Beatles broke up, John said that the Beatles were just a band, and that their breakup wasn't anything to be upset about.

But the Beatles entered into our culture in a way that turned them into both legends and human Gods.  Hence, so many have attributed so much significance to them, their songs, their lives, their lyrics supposedly infused with mysterious meanings which needed to be deciphered for the enlightenment of the masses.

I think their solo careers were enough to dispel the human gods notion  ;)

But yes, many people do want to attribute deeper meaning to the band and their music. As if they were more than musicians and some sort of mystical spokesperson. Which happens to lots of artists. Dylan gets that a lot. I’ve heard of people who, almost literally, worship Nick Cave’s work, although in his case his portentous and religiously influenced lyrics are probably asking for it.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 02:57:52 AM »

Hello:  Thank you for the sanction of my topic.   I shall retire now and I expect to sleep most peaceably as a result.

https://youtu.be/AcQjM7gV6mI

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 10:30:36 PM »

Hello:  Thank you.  I never before realized what a beautiful song that is.  It stands on its own apart from the medley.  I wonder how it would have ended otherwise.

Yes, I slept well last night just like I'm sure Paul McCartney does, thank you, despite John's question re: the quality of his sleep!

I have also decided that in the future I am going to try and avoid topics which contain religious overtones.  It's best to adopt a safe approach in this respect.   I don't want to be accused of believing by atheists and of not believing by believers!  What a wuss I am!  I do not know what I believe except that I exist and I'm not really sure of that!

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 10:58:13 PM »

I have also decided that in the future I am going to try and avoid topics which contain religious overtones.  It's best to adopt a safe approach in this respect.   I don't want to be accused of believing by atheists and of not believing by believers!  What a wuss I am!  I do not know what I believe except that I exist and I'm not really sure of that!

You're not Jeremy Corbyn are you?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 02:03:30 AM »

I exist and I'm not really sure of that!

With that, Loco, you've joined these great philosophers:

“To be or not to be” — William Shakespeare

“To be is to do” — Socrates

“To do is to be” — Jean-Paul Sartre

“Do be do be do” — Frank Sinatra

Page created in 0.829 seconds with 80 queries.