A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Eight Days A Week  (Read 6149 times)

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • That Means a Lot
Re: Eight Days A Week
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2016, 06:42:53 AM »

Well, maybe, but that's not what I had in mind!
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2016, 04:04:04 AM »

I didn't notice anything unusual, Kelley.
I can stay till it's time to go

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • That Means a Lot
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2016, 04:17:57 AM »

The smoke on his cigarette is moving. They used that effect several other times, too.
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2016, 04:29:59 AM »

Yes, I saw that in the film but I thought you were referring to the still photograph you posted.
I can stay till it's time to go

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2017, 10:36:58 PM »

I finally sat down to watch the movie. This is my impression after the one viewing. I might go back and rewatch though which could change my views here and there.

There was no way I wasn't going to enjoy this. It's always good to see a professional major release on the Beatles. Which is why I was confident to buy the disc as I'm sure I'll watch it every so often.

On the plus side there was some nice footage and clips I can't recall seeing before. Some of the celebrity recollections, like Elvis Costello and Whooping Goldberg were interesting and/or touching.

That said it didn't really do what the title suggested. As others have written, it's more an anthology-lite, centred on 64-66. They didn't really delve into the tours in that much detail. Or show hitherto unreleased footage. It just seemed to be a pretty basic history of the Beatles, with the pepper and after era quickly rushed through to get to the final clips from the rooftop. No doubt people less familiar with the Beatles will find it enlightening but for we Beatle geeks who treat the Anthology as a basic intro to the group, it's going to fall short.

I still enjoyed watching it though. There's some nice moments throughout.  And the disc I bought has heaps of special features longer than the actual film. It's probably as interesting as the movie. The sections with English composer Howard Goodall I thought were very good.

Any Beatle fan should enjoy this movie, but there's still space for a definitive documentary on the Beatles as a live band.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.