Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: What have you seen on YouTube recently?  (Read 110877 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: What have you seen on YouTube recently?
« Reply #840 on: December 11, 2023, 01:10:05 PM »

^^

I meant to say, Fairytale of New York was very touching, in a completely different way than Nick Cave's cover of Rainy Night In SoHo. Funny how that works, with an ebullient (sort of) song and a melancholic song both bringing tears to the eyes. (Well, to my eyes, at least.)

I wish I could have been there to celebrate Shane McGowan's life.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 01:18:31 PM by Normandie »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #841 on: December 11, 2023, 08:32:05 PM »

I see that someone in the YouTube comments said something along the lines of "If people are dancing at your funeral, you know you've done something right."  :)

As long as they don’t continue on your grave  ;D

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #842 on: December 11, 2023, 08:54:43 PM »

I did not recognize Glen Hansard from Once and The Commitments. Time to watch those two films again.

You should. I can bore you with my theory that Once is a sequel to the Commitments. My evidence? One of the last scenes of the Commitments is the guitarist, Outspan Foster, and bass player busking in Dublin. The first scene of Once is Glen busking in Dublin about twenty years later. And in Once he’s never named. He’s just The Guy.

I rest my case.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #843 on: December 12, 2023, 04:25:28 AM »

As long as they don’t continue on your grave  ;D

Good point!  ha2ha

I rest my case.

Sounds like a strong case.  :)  I hadn't picked up on that.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #844 on: February 05, 2024, 02:18:24 AM »

This video just won the Best Music Video Grammy. I've posted the link to this before, but I can't find it.

I love that the Beatles are still being recognized in 2024.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XwXliCK19Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XwXliCK19Y</a>

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #845 on: February 08, 2024, 10:25:54 PM »

That was nice to see. It’s a very clever clip.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #846 on: February 08, 2024, 10:30:58 PM »

I found a short clip on YouTube of George being interviewed on what sounded like a European show from the look sometime in the 80s. She asked him about favourite guitarists. As well as his expected Django and Eric he said Eddie Van Halen is pretty hot. Which surprised me as George gave the impression he stopped listening to current music in about 1972.

But what got me is buried in the comments you find the “Beatles couldn’t play, they sucked live” crowd. And it struck me. These types see a random Beatle interview clip. Watch it. Then read the comments and then find some comment to reply to. It’s like a psychosis. If I see a video about an artist I don’t like, I just don’t watch it. I certainly don’t watch it and then reply to some fan in the thread saying that artist sucked. But I suppose I’m just not mentally ill.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #847 on: February 09, 2024, 03:10:50 AM »

I found a short clip on YouTube of George being interviewed on what sounded like a European show from the look sometime in the 80s. She asked him about favourite guitarists. As well as his expected Django and Eric he said Eddie Van Halen is pretty hot. Which surprised me as George gave the impression he stopped listening to current music in about 1972.

But what got me is buried in the comments you find the “Beatles couldn’t play, they sucked live” crowd. And it struck me. These types see a random Beatle interview clip. Watch it. Then read the comments and then find some comment to reply to. It’s like a psychosis. If I see a video about an artist I don’t like, I just don’t watch it. I certainly don’t watch it and then reply to some fan in the thread saying that artist sucked. But I suppose I’m just not mentally ill.

The curse of social media/wumming/keyboard warriors, always with something to say. I'm glad I didn't grow up with all this rubbish.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #848 on: February 09, 2024, 06:44:04 AM »

I agree. That's a perfect summary, I think.

The curse of social media/wumming/keyboard warriors, always with something to say.

I learned a new word (wumming) from your post, Nimrod. As a word nerd, that's always a good thing.   glassesslip

I'm glad I didn't grow up with all this rubbish.

Same! Kids today—in the States, at least—will never know the joys of playing outside all day in the summer until the streetlamps were on, drinking straight water from the hose, toasting marshmallows over hot coals in the deepening twilight, on an actual [natural] stick. (As soon as one of the neighbors started layering their briquets, we'd all start searching for a perfect marshmallow stick.) I spent almost my whole time on my bike (and later, on city buses as I skipped school.  ;D  )  I really miss those days.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #849 on: February 09, 2024, 06:59:21 AM »

Wumming is a great word.  ha2ha

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #850 on: February 13, 2024, 11:42:47 PM »

I agree. That's a perfect summary, I think.

I learned a new word (wumming) from your post, Nimrod. As a word nerd, that's always a good thing.   glassesslip

Same! Kids today—in the States, at least—will never know the joys of playing outside all day in the summer until the streetlamps were on, drinking straight water from the hose, toasting marshmallows over hot coals in the deepening twilight, on an actual [natural] stick. (As soon as one of the neighbors started layering their briquets, we'd all start searching for a perfect marshmallow stick.) I spent almost my whole time on my bike (and later, on city buses as I skipped school.  ;D  )  I really miss those days.

Wum stands for "wind up merchant" in case you didn't know  ;)
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #851 on: February 14, 2024, 01:54:31 AM »

Wum stands for "wind up merchant" in case you didn't know  ;)

Yes, that's what I learned from your post! (Urban Dictionary helped.  ;)  )

« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 02:36:52 AM by Normandie »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Page created in 0.761 seconds with 60 queries.