Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Beatles Live and absolutely rockin At The Hollywood Bowl!  (Read 9971 times)

maccafan

• A Beginning
Beatles Live and absolutely rockin At The Hollywood Bowl!
« on: September 13, 2016, 05:38:12 PM »

Didn't see where these forums are talking about The new Beatles album Live At The Hollywood Bowl!

GUYS WAKE UP!  This album is the EPIC release of the year!!

This album to me, is solid proof of the Beatles hard rock credibility!

This new Live At The Hollywood Bowl showcases the hard rockin power and force the Beatles were live!

This is rock and roll looking for a fight! This is the real thing, developed from back alley bars and clubs! This is the result of hours of relentless playing, this is histories greatest rock and roll band, and we can finally hear just how awesome they really were, not in the studio, but doing it where it really counts... LIVE!

Nowhere else have I heard the Beatles music this forceful, this powerful! Those two elements come blasting thru on this album!

The result is so many rockin highlights.

She's A Woman, as I've said is just bad to the bone! Lennon's rhythm just propels the song and the Beatles are absolutely tight and I do mean tight! It's just a driving hard rockin performance. McCartney just let's loose with some awesome rock and roll shouting, the whole performance is just smokin! A lot of the Beatles fast rockers are songs by other artist. I love the fact that this hard rocking performance is one of their own original songs!

Dizzy Miss Lizzy, again is just heavy metal in 1964! This is just an absolutely amazing hard rockin performance! Every time Lennon screams the Beatles go into harder rock mode! The absolute assault of the guitars is just astonishing for 1964! This is absolute proof of what Lennon said, that when it came to straight rock, no one could touch the Beatles!

Roll Over Beethoven, Harrison's lead guitar touches are just choice! George isn't the greatest lead player, but what he chooses to do is just perfect! Lennon's rhythm playing is no joke either!

Boys, many think this is the highlight of the album, I can hear why!

This is just another absolutely hard rockin performance by the Beatles! Ringo's drumming is just kickbutt and I love how you can really hear it, Harrison's lead choices are again just absolute perfect choice, and pay attention to McCartney, he's laying down a rockin bassline!

The main thing that got my attention though is Ringo's vocal! He sings this song so good!

Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby, this is another one, the Beatles lock in and just rock this bad boy, what I love most about this performance is the rockin extended playing the Beatles do. I wish they had done more jamming on stage.

What an absolutely fantastic hard rockin live album from The Beatles!

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Beatles Live and absolutely rockin At The Hollywood Bowl!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 07:18:19 PM »

Heck yea. I'm enjoying my copy now, since you brought it up.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

KelMar

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 07:34:47 PM »

Heck yea. I'm enjoying my copy now, since you brought it up.

Glad to see you're not only sleeping, Jim.  ;) I'm sure the album will be great. But I've been more focused on the film just now. In fact, I'm actually so excited about this weekend's pilgrimage to the Cedar Lee Theater that I had trouble falling asleep the other night.  ha2ha But, yes, maccafan is right; the album should be discussed!  glassesslip

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:52:20 PM by In My Life »

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 07:48:09 PM »

It's great. A vast improvement on the previous edition(s) in terms of clarity. Fun bonus tracks too. Anxiously waiting for the film(s) as well!

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 07:51:08 PM »

Glad to see you're not only sleeping, Jim.  ;)

No sleep tonight. It's my weekly all-nighter. Might have to slap on a couple of Beatle movies to HELP! me through AHDN.

:P

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 01:58:58 AM »

I bought the LP in 1977 but I pre-ordered this.  It's always been one of my favorite LPs.  Now I'll have it on CD with some additions.  :)
I can stay till it's time to go

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 02:20:49 AM »

I really wanted to see the film on the big screen but there isn't a theater showing it within 100 miles of my residence. Bummer!

As for the Hollywood Bowl LP/CD - yes, it sounds awesome! The original release has always been my favorite live album by any band. The best of the bonus tracks, imho, are "Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby" and "Baby's in Black".
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 03:39:38 AM »

As for the Hollywood Bowl LP/CD - yes, it sounds awesome!

That's good news!  I'm looking forward to getting my CD.  It should be here in a week or so.

BeatleFan

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 06:21:20 AM »

That's good news!  I'm looking forward to getting my CD.  It should be here in a week or so.

You will enjoy it. Here's my copy:

This is probably the last 'new release' from The Beatles we'll get.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 06:43:56 PM »

I've had a Russian import of it for years.  I probably wont buy this new one even if the sound quality is better.

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 05:31:51 PM »

tkitna, why on Earth would you make a decision like that?

If it's better, and it definitely is, more hard rockin than ever, in fact you've never heard the Beatles rockin this hard!

Why would anyone deprive themselves of the Beatles at full throttle?

This album is absolutely fantastic, do yourself a favor, don't miss out!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 06:03:29 PM »

tkitna, why on Earth would you make a decision like that?

If it's better, and it definitely is, more hard rockin than ever, in fact you've never heard the Beatles rockin this hard!

Why would anyone deprive themselves of the Beatles at full throttle?

This album is absolutely fantastic, do yourself a favor, don't miss out!

Well, the first reason is that I never listen to it to begin with.  The 2nd reason is that I doubt that its so much better that the skies are going to part when I listen to it, so I dont feel like wasting money on it.  I dont believe the release of this record is as epic as you want it to be.

Good enough for you?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 09:48:22 PM »

You will enjoy it.

Mine came today.  It sure beats my old LP for sound quality and ease of use.

Nice job Apple and Universal!

BeatleFan

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 01:07:37 AM »

Yep. Every Beatles album has now been remastered. Happy days. I agree that the album is now more rockin' than ever. I also appreciate how the guys managed to keep a melody and actually keep to the lyrics over that deafening audience.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 01:25:47 AM »

I also appreciate how the guys managed to keep a melody and actually keep to the lyrics over that deafening audience.

The Beatles re-recorded several tracks at Cine Tele Sound Studios because the original Shea Stadium recording was so bad:  Re: The Beatles' Apple Corps. Sued Over Use of Shea Stadium Footage

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 03:14:50 AM »

... I doubt that its so much better that the skies are going to part when I listen to it...

When I received my copy it was raining but as soon as I pressed "play" the skies parted and the sun began to shine...  :)
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 03:38:54 AM »

I had a listen on Spotify. Sound quality is good and it's a fun listen. Much better sounding than my old vinyl version. I don't as a rule listen much to live albums unless they have material I can't get from the studio albums (Live at the BBC Vol 1 for the Beatles is a good example.) 

I wonder though why they didn't do a compilation of the best Beatle live recordings from 63-66 to tie in with the movie rather than this.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 12:02:39 PM »

When I received my copy it was raining but as soon as I pressed "play" the skies parted and the sun began to shine...  :)

I stand corrected.   ha2ha

Kagome

• A Beginning
  • Recording Engineer Toshiba EMI & Capitol EMI
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 02:44:58 PM »

I love the new Re master Hollywood Bowl Album it sounds  better then the 1977 release  lets not for get that they been sitting in a dark air control vault for 52 years and they do deteriorate with time the glue that holds tape particles gets old and  fall off  and the technology of the 60`s then it was state of the art Capitol was smart to recored  it and  used  the state of the art equipment  EMI  spent a lot of time and
money transferring them to new a media when a new one comes along  through the years  This is the first time that it will be digital and on CD and Reissued  on vinyl soon  I have a copy of the 77 Hollywood bowl album and listen them both back to back it takes a lot of time to restore tapes and reamaster them

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 09:49:40 PM »

I stand corrected.   ha2ha

http://youtu.be/Ey5ANe6f2qY?list=PLI8ii9JkKGZW8zq6ADXwRzji849DI-XpV

The Lord sure does move in mysterious ways.   ;)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.706 seconds with 79 queries.