Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: All we are saying-the final interview.  (Read 1419 times)

All we are saying-the final interview.
« on: June 27, 2006, 06:31:44 PM »

well, has anyone read this book? i mean i got it from the library, and its really captivating and interesting i think, i'm really enjoying reading it, and is about David sheffs (i think he was from playboy) interviews with John through september 1980, (although called the final interview, isnt actually his final one-although you could call it his 'official' final one). Johns words and phrases are really familar to me now, i feel as i read this book...the thing i find is that John never seems to feel that the beatles really DID make a big difference to peoples lives, and music in general, and that he wasnt important, and he doesnt miss the 'old times' with paul...........he goes over all the old beatles songs (eg, who wrote what parts to each song, ect.) really describing them..so if you see it around pick it up because it really is quite goody.

;)

Re: All we are saying-the final interview.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 07:31:19 PM »

Playboy was supposed to have the exclusive scoop/interview with John. John being John talked to People who quick published their piece. The people at Playboy were super p*ssed, so John told them he would go over the Beatles catalog and it would be the "book to end all books". Great book. I always thought it was interesting that Barbara Bach was the featured nudie in the same issue as the Lennon interview.

Re: All we are saying-the final interview.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:01:51 PM »

haha, yeah i forgot to mention that, it was written in the book somewhere about that, but sure interesting..

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 32 queries.