Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John Lennon in Anthology  (Read 4912 times)

guitarhero2000

John Lennon in Anthology
« on: June 06, 2004, 08:41:38 AM »

Hi, i'm afraid this is hypothetical and based on JL still being with us.

Do you think John Lennon would have embraced the Anthology if he'd still been around in 1994?

i think he'd have eventually come round to the idea because his and George's attitudes seemed to have both mellowed in the 70's but i think there would have been an edge to him still.
My favourite bit of the Anthology was the 3 of them sitting together and JL said himself that people would pay millions to watch the BEatles sitting around drinking tea, which the 3 of them essentially were on the Anthology extras DVD.

I can't imagine how historic a picture of the 4 of them at the Anthology launch would have been. first pic together since the shoot at Tittenhurst Park!!

So do you think he would have continued to enjoy the legacy of the Beatles or turned his back on it??  (no rose-tinted specs please!!)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: John Lennon in Anthology
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 03:22:05 PM »

He already had been a part of the initial project.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 03:11:55 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086511298,s=1 date=1086535325]He already had been a part of the initial project.[/quote]

Wow, really? How is that? I never knew but that's cool that he was. Thank god Yoko let them do it.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 05:44:57 AM »

I really don't want to go into all of it again.  We just had this discussion a month or so ago.

Suffice to say that Anthology has its genesis almost as soon as the Beatles broke up. 

guitarhero2000

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 06:02:04 PM »

yeah i know that but i was interested in hypothetical opinions as to what he would have thought of it in 1994 and whether he would have embraced it.
come on, if you can discuss worthless c*** like whether Back off Boogaloo was better than Hi Hi Hi, you can discuss this.

and can someone answer re: macca at glastonbury. any gossip on what he's planning to play???

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 08:36:24 PM »

Given that command, I would say of course he'd embrace it.  It was his group, a big part of his life, and age mellows people.  Why wouldn't he embrace it?

guitarhero2000

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 11:22:52 PM »

He probably would have but he did spend a lot of time disaccosiating himself from the group, apparently didn't rate their music that much and possibly would have sussed that the anthology was bound to be watered down. he would prob. have wanted to spill the beans on all the s****ing on the road etc...

p.s will we still need and feed Ringo on July 7th (is that his 64th birthday??)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 01:07:35 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086511298,s=3 date=1086759897]I really don't want to go into all of it again.

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 05:28:07 AM »

Sorry I responded thusly.  Maria and I had an intense discussion about what I reported, and I just didn't want to revisit that again.

Suffice to say, even in the last interviews he did, John expressed pride and enjoyment of what they'd done in the Beatles.  It's good music, no reason for him not to embrace it.

And the Beatles were involved from 1970 on in the Anthology project, originally slated to be called The Long and Winding Road. 

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 12:43:46 AM »

No problem. I was surprised to hear John was into it. He spent a whole lot of time being anit-Beatle. I guess I haven't read or heard his later interivews. He had finally woken up I guess.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 07:02:23 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086511298,s=9 date=1086914626]No problem. I was surprised to hear John was into it. He spent a whole lot of time being anit-Beatle. I guess I haven't read or heard his later interivews. He had finally woken up I guess. [/quote]

He was ten years older, happy with a baby, and age mellows many folks.

Since they'd already hung out a few times in that decade it was obvious they could have maintained a friendly relationship (he and Paul) tho obviously they would never be as close as they had been.

But contracturally he was already obliged to do some musical things (ala Freebird-sort) but MDC took that away from all of us.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 07:33:36 AM »

i heard theres a cd about this his anthology... I wonder if its still on sale? cause i looked for it at borders...:-/

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2004, 07:46:43 AM »

Definately. He said when asked if they'd get back together, he said Yes, but he wouldn't initiate it, I saw this on Imagine, he was being interviewed on the beach by.. Somone, cannot remember his name. I'll need to watch it again. But I think He definately would have been involved

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 09:40:24 AM »

It's a lovely thought. I also missed last discussion as unfortunately I was offline.
 Just to throw fuel to the fire, would/could John and Paul work together again?
I mean they kinda of took very different roads. Would John likes the corporateness of the Industry today and it's contrived crap. I feel he may have done it for a supercause like nuclear disarment or world poverty/debt. That in itself may have brought friction as to what they were trying to represent today.
Alternatively they could have just done a rooftop re-visit and I'm sure we would have been all happy with that. lol
My wish is that they could come back and kick arse their way. Tell a few imposters how music should be made and then say nothing and let us lot make the rest of it up!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2004, 12:51:23 PM »

In fact, the early original tapes of The Long And Winding Road project were hidden from Allan Klein in case he messed with them. Apparently, copies were given to Eric Idle which is why All You Need Is Cash (The Rutles) is so histrically accurate. :)

Wonderwall

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 02:10:28 AM »

Didnt John file a lawsuit in 1980 against the show Beatlemania citing that the four Beatles would reunite for the Long and Winding Road project

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 71 queries.