Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wings Over America in June???  (Read 7916 times)

maccafan

• A Beginning
Re: Wings Over America in June???
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 10:03:25 AM »

Okay, Got the standard edition yesterday and listened to the whole thing non stop.

Very first impression, Wings were a powerhouse band live, they were at their absolute peak and this remaster really showcases that.

McCartney's bass is just thunderous, the way it should be on every one of his albums. A complaint I've always had is that McCartney's bass always sounds too far back in the mix, I want it up front and in your face, after all this is one of the premiere bassist so he should be heard very distinctly. The Rick is the absolute best bass for McCartney the Hofner though more Iconic always sounds muffled to me, doesn't have that thump like the Rick.

I already had the Capitol CDs of this album so I played some of those first so I could compare the sound, right away I noticed that the remaster is louder, sharper, clearer with a more dynamic range. One thing I really like is that you can hear the crowds delight better. You really hear them react when the guitar riff of Let Me Roll It hits. The performances just thrilled the crowds.

The performances are just awesome, I have a whole new respect for songs like Spirits Of Ancient Egypt and Medicine Jar, I mean Wings are just rocking out on these songs. I know most people talk about Maybe I'm Amazed but for me Call Me Back Again and Beware My Love are the vocal performances to hear, McCartney is one of the absolute greatest singers. This album clearly shows that he is a premiere rock shouter.

Joe English on the drums is just excellent, without a doubt he is the best drummer McCartney ever had. I actually heard rolls and fills I never noticed before. I also noticed that you can really hear when he hits the cymbals, the crashes really help highlight the songs.

I've stated many times that WOA is my very fave McCartney album, with this absolutely fantastic remaster It's my fave all over again.

Oh I have to mention Hi Hi Hi and Soily, how can anyone say Wings were lightweight and soft if they listen to these songs, they just come blasting out of the speakers! Their performance of Hi Hi Hi is just a scorching smoking hard rocker, one of McCartney absolute best rockers.

I am just thrilled with this remaster, this album has never ever sounded better!

Now for the Rockshow blu-ray.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »

why ONLY the 2 cd set? ;sorry

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 06:02:52 AM »

Badgirl66, I can only speak for me, but I'm not interested in all that other stuff!

It's the music I want, and I wasn't interested in the bonus Cow Palace disc because it's just some of the very same songs just performed at a different place.

I will be picking up the Rockshow blu-ray though, that concert is a must have!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 38 queries.