Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Song Of The Week - I Me Mine  (Read 8816 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Song Of The Week - I Me Mine
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 11:37:19 PM »

This song has always been a fair to midland tune for me. Very average or mediocre. George is lashing out and shouting in this song, but its comes across more as whining to me for some reason. I don't dislike the song by any means, but its one of those tunes that I really just don't give a crap about either.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 11:46:27 PM »

Being sandwiched between two of the most overrated Beatles songs does it no harm in my opinion!  ;)

I can see your point Mr.M. While I never cared for any rendition of 'Across The Universe', I actually like 'Let It Be'. That's somewhat strange because its the type of over bloated, sugary song I normally would hate. Its kind of spiritual and it works for some reason. Oh well.

But I do much prefer the running order on "Naked".....

I know your talking about the running order, but I cant help but to mention how much I hate Naked.

Carry on

nimrod

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 01:01:37 AM »

George is lashing out and shouting in this song, but its comes across more as whining to me

care mate, you'll have 7 of 13 back on here with that statement  ha2ha

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 03:16:49 AM »

This song has always been a fair to midland tune for me. Very average or mediocre. George is lashing out and shouting in this song, but its comes across more as whining to me for some reason. I don't dislike the song by any means, but its one of those tunes that I really just don't give a crap about either.

I surprise myself sometimes when I realise how little I listen to the lyrics on a lot of songs. Yep the lyrics are preachy and a bit whiny. But to me the I Me Mine refrain works well phonetically to emphasise the melody. I sort of hear the whole thing as a collection of syllables set to music. And it works like that. Some songs the words are really important to my enjoyment of a song. Other times not so much.

At least we can be glad he doesn't mention God like he does in every second song for the next ten years  ;)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 05:58:49 AM »

care mate, you'll have 7 of 13 back on here with that statement  ha2ha

I hear you. I'll be more careful in the future.  ha2ha

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 06:32:45 AM »

I hear you. I'll be more careful in the future.  ha2ha

Yeah, Todd.  He didn't care much for your timid and bankrupt pc assertions, drunken strawmen, dimestore commentary and woefully inadequate, imbecilic, meandering conclusions which lead nowhere.

ha2ha
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 06:42:01 AM »

What are "drunken strawmen?"    ???

nimrod

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 07:13:03 AM »

What are "drunken strawmen?"    ???

band from Ohio, they play banjo's uke's & fiddles   ;D

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 08:24:44 AM »

I'm really not holding 'For You Blue' up as being better, or indeed harder to write, than 'I, Me, Mine', I simply prefer to listen to it. It's fun.
'I, Me, Mine' is a lot of things (intriguing, vehement, heart-felt), but I wouldn't put fun at the top of the list.

But then I prefer 'Ask Me Why' to 'A Day In The Life', 'I've Just Seen A Face' to 'Yesterday', and 'The Inner Light' to 'In My Life'!

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 08:47:39 AM »

Yeah, Todd.  He didn't care much for your timid and bankrupt pc assertions, drunken strawmen, dimestore commentary and woefully inadequate, imbecilic, meandering conclusions which lead nowhere.

ha2ha

Wow. Sorry I missed him. Sounds like a fun guy to have at a party

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 08:57:38 AM »

I'm really not holding 'For You Blue' up as being better, or indeed harder to write, than 'I, Me, Mine', I simply prefer to listen to it. It's fun.
'I, Me, Mine' is a lot of things (intriguing, vehement, heart-felt), but I wouldn't put fun at the top of the list.

But then I prefer 'Ask Me Why' to 'A Day In The Life', 'I've Just Seen A Face' to 'Yesterday', and 'The Inner Light' to 'In My Life'!

That's another of the long lists of things I like about the Beatles. So much choice in mood, style and intent.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 11:32:36 PM »

Wow. Sorry I missed him. Sounds like a fun guy to have at a party

Don't feel sorry, the guy was an idiot.

nimrod

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 12:18:17 AM »

That's another of the long lists of things I like about the Beatles. So much choice in mood, style and intent.

That's the thing isn't it..

Abba were just Abba, everything sounded err Abba-ish, same with The Stones, same with Queen, Hendrix, whoever

The Beatles were so broad, songs from Obla Di to Revolution, Strawberry Fields to Rocky Racoon, so many styles

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2014, 02:04:42 AM »

...whose uncritical, bombastic responses, 20/20 "cornfed" pc tunnelvision biases, and akward and fractured reasoning were counterproductive, unobjective and irrelevant.  His one sided delusional commentary, hopelessly linear statements and timid and gutless assertions were at best arbitrary nonsense, and were irrelevant. His uncritical pc distortions and woefully inept, drunken strawmen told a very sad tale, and bore little resemblance to the truth.

;D

nimrod

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2014, 02:21:51 AM »

...whose uncritical, bombastic responses, 20/20 "cornfed" pc tunnelvision biases, and akward and fractured reasoning were counterproductive, unobjective and irrelevant.  His one sided delusional commentary, hopelessly linear statements and timid and gutless assertions were at best arbitrary nonsense, and were irrelevant. His uncritical pc distortions and woefully inept, drunken strawmen told a very sad tale, and bore little resemblance to the truth.

;D

describes Todd to a tee   ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2014, 04:07:25 AM »

I couldn't understand a word he wrote but that was my conclusion too.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 06:41:53 AM »

The Beatles' catalogue had to be broad as they are probably the only group ever who had to appeal to everybody, as everybody knew who they were.....primary school kids, secondary school kids, mum, dad, gran, grandad etc. etc. The Stones' (the wonderful Stones) market was far more concentrated, and was engineered to be by Andrew Oldham.

That's why it's slightly ingenuous for the knockers to pick on songs like 'Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da', 'Octopus's Garden', 'When I'm 64' to criticize the group, and then perceive them to be 'not rock 'n' roll' or some such tosh. Try 'Slow Down' if you want rock 'n' roll! 

The hardest thing in the world to be in the mid-60s was John Lennon or Paul McCartney.....when they put forward their  new compositions, they knew that most of Europe, America, the Far East and Australasia would get to hear them, and in those places, ALL genders, ethnic groups and generations!

nimrod

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2014, 08:53:09 AM »

I couldn't understand a word he wrote but that was my conclusion too.

It was like trying to understand a bit of Yoko art  ha2ha

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 09:19:37 AM »

describes Todd to a tee   ha2ha

Yup, he couldn't tolerate any negativity towards the Beatles and as you all know, I sometimes spew some every now and then. He would berate and cap on me like the things Kev and Barry quoted, but wouldn't or couldn't debate in any intellectual manner. I'm sure in his world he was really putting me down and felt good about himself. In the real world, I might as well been trying to read Chinese let alone deciphering what he was typing. Lol

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2014, 09:47:24 AM »

Some classic 7 of 13 quotes-

my sweet lord. that's a load of bullocks. such vapid and pointless sermonizing from joost

oh good lord. don't i wish. yes i follow music but the problem is that i'm not clinically braindead when it comes to serious subjects. but seriously, just another irrational and imbecillic response from tkitna.
  ha2ha

that you choose to post meaningless insults, vapid and spiked commentary, and irrelevant rejoinders indicates a problem on your end

and i must say that i disagree with the tone of your rather unfortunate, spiritless and bombastic remarks.  i also take issue with this idea of beatles songs being only simple melodies and beats, in fact every beatles song is heavily textured and very complicated.
Every song? Lol

Some of our personal go rounds

(me talking to him)Now like a prog song, 7 of 13 will post a repsonse that will be too long and not make any sense, but in his own little world it'll be above everybody else's ability to comprehend it
why thank you tkitna. i really appreciate that, and i really mean it.

*yawn*
there is no way to rationalize such demented and thick pc behavior, possibly because of misinterpreted "sour grapesian" mentality. like john lennon said, one thing you can't hide is when you're crippled inside

Towards you Kev, but of course i'm mentioned=
oh the irony. others here have echoed my exact sentiments nimrod, and the uncritical, bombastic responses manufactured by tkitna leave little to the imagination

once again tkitna, it is in fact you that is routinely making the most unobjective statements here, and of course your trademark boatload of obscene, outrageous and childish assertions. and obviously, it's up to you to prove them. you talking in circles and relying upon secondhand information is bogus, your comical assertions and insanely unrealistic "cornfed" moralizations, the icing on the cake. your pc distortions are no substitute for the truth. totally. fecking. irrelevant.

Oh I could go on, but I wont.

I don't miss him.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.882 seconds with 77 queries.