Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: SIGN UPS FOR SECRET SANTA CD"S HERE  (Read 11346 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: SIGN UPS FOR SECRET SANTA CD"S HERE
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 10:59:43 AM »

Look at Ibanez all Johnny on the spot and done already.   ha2ha.  I've been waiting on a CD to come in the mail from an Indie band in Australia, but no go yet.  I might have to skip that one and just go with what I have so far.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 12:39:34 PM »

Look at Ibanez all Johnny on the spot and done already.   ha2ha.  I've been waiting on a CD to come in the mail from an Indie band in Australia, but no go yet.  I might have to skip that one and just go with what I have so far.

Don't rush on my account Todd.  I want your best stuff!   ;D
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 12:52:58 PM »

Okay, I have everyone's address.  5 non-Yoko CDs going out today!

Like I told Todd, don't rush to get yours out.  I just get tunnel vision when I start a project and I'm like a bull in a china shop until it gets completed!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:51:47 PM by ibanez_ax »

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 08:14:27 PM »

These went out today.  Satisfaction guaranteed or double your money back!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 01:55:27 AM »

I have a couple finished.  Burned some extra copies and tested one in the truck tonight.  Besides the track listing being backwards, everything worked fine.   ha2ha  If my truck plays them, they should play anywhere.  Sorry if any of the songs are repeats from previous CD's some of you might have gotten, but I cant remember.

Since Klang is new to this, I will be sending him a couple CD's of my favorites.  Everybody else should already have those from the last time. 

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 08:55:10 AM »

I'm close too. Should be going out in a day or two. So busy working. Busy-busy-busy...

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 09:27:02 AM »

I've got three addresses now (Bobber, Klang and ibanez_ax). I'm trying to get these CDs on the mail in a day or two, so if anyone else would like to exchange CDs, let me know and pass me your address...

Bobber

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »

I've got three addresses now (Bobber, Klang and ibanez_ax). I'm trying to get these CDs on the mail in a day or two, so if anyone else would like to exchange CDs, let me know and pass me your address...

Ditto!

Bobber

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 07:33:35 PM »

I got Georges cd today. I have sent mine yesterday.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 08:08:51 PM »

I got Georges cd today. I have sent mine yesterday.

Wow, 6 days from Texas to The Netherlands in December!  That's good!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 12:50:19 AM »

I got George's CD today too.

Here's my dilemma, like I stated before, I played my first CD that I burnt in my truck.  It played, but the track order was all over the place.  Ok, my truck is particular with some CD's sometimes, so I decided to try another one out in a different player.  Wouldn't read it.  Its an old player downstairs that I hardly ever listen to.  Ok, try another one.  Wont read it.  Now i'm really confused.  Grab my daughters labtop.  Played it fine.

I figured out that the CD's are being burnt in MP3 fashion (tons of room left on the CD) and the players I tried them out on are to old to pick them up that way.  My truck is brand new so it makes sense.  I don't know how to fix this yet, but if I cant, my suggestion would be to play them on a computer first and then either reburn them or do what ever you feel needs done. 

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 04:04:57 AM »

I got George's CD today too.

Here's my dilemma, like I stated before, I played my first CD that I burnt in my truck.  It played, but the track order was all over the place.  Ok, my truck is particular with some CD's sometimes, so I decided to try another one out in a different player.  Wouldn't read it.  Its an old player downstairs that I hardly ever listen to.  Ok, try another one.  Wont read it.  Now i'm really confused.  Grab my daughters labtop.  Played it fine.

I figured out that the CD's are being burnt in MP3 fashion (tons of room left on the CD) and the players I tried them out on are to old to pick them up that way.  My truck is brand new so it makes sense.  I don't know how to fix this yet, but if I cant, my suggestion would be to play them on a computer first and then either reburn them or do what ever you feel needs done.

I don't think there is a "fix".  MP3 CDs simply won't play on older players.  My car won't play them but like you said I can rip them to my computer and then burn the tracks as a regular audio CD.

Todd, did you create an MP3 CD because there is more than 80 minutes of music?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 07:25:40 AM »

Here's the story.  I bought a cheap HP laptop for my music and to watch Netflix on.  First thing I did was import all my CD music to iTunes because my wife bought my an ipod a few years ago that will hold tons of music and I haven't done anything with it yet.  So I imported all that music.  I opened Windows Media Player and the music I imported on iTunes was there already.  Not sure how that happened, but it automatically came over to Media Player.  I thought sweet and started to make playlists.  Well, the Windows Media music must be in MP3 format as I said the CD's have tons of room on them and they wont play on my older CD players.  I don't know how or if I can make just a normal audio CD from the music that's already on there.

Bobber

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 08:05:40 AM »

Todd, I don't know what software you use to burn a cd. Make sure you use the option (or something similar to) 'Burn a AUDIO cd'. That will probably do the trick.

The player in my car can play MP3-cd's as well, which is neat because I can make cd's with 200 or more songs on it.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 11:53:36 AM »

That option or box never appeared anywhere.  I just drug the songs over and right above the track list is the option to burn the CD.  I'll mess with it some more this weekend.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 12:04:05 PM »

Todd, if you use Windows Media Player, this video should help you choose which type of CD to burn.   Personally, I would use iTunes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/media-player-cd-dvd-burning-settings#1TC=windows-7

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 07:46:45 PM »

Problem solved.  Found this tiny box on the right that I clicked today.  Low and behold, a ton of options came up.  CD's will be sent tomorrow.  Thanks all.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 08:51:22 PM »

Mine are going out tomorrow too. Hope they arrive before Christmas. If not...well, happy new year!

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 09:13:25 PM »

I'm going to Philadelphia tomorrow until the 29th for the holidays, so I put my mail on hold.  If the CDs come by then I'll grab them at the post office on the 30th.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2014, 01:41:31 AM »

Klang is getting a couple of extra ones (my favorites) since this is his first time getting them.  I have to pimp my music man.   ha2ha
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.501 seconds with 77 queries.