Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lennon program on NBC on November 18th  (Read 1064 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Lennon program on NBC on November 18th
« on: November 15, 2005, 10:33:15 AM »

Lennon program on NBC on November 18th

FRIDAY, NOV. 18
8:00 p.m. ET Marking the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's death, "Dateline" will air a documentary on the music legend's life and legacy that explores the events that led to that fateful day. Along with personal accounts by those first on the scene the night of his murder, the report includes interviews with people close to Lennon, and exclusive interviews with those who knew his killer, M*** C******.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Lennon program on NBC on November 18th
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 10:43:28 AM »

Just wondering, do people see this as exploitive as the proposed movie?
don't follow leaders

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 08:00:01 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9985945/

Interviews featured in the Dateline special include:

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 12:02:34 AM »

just wondering why everyone here writes his name as M*** C****** instead of spelling it out

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 02:56:38 AM »

For many it would be too much of an honour to name the perpetrator of such a tragic crime. He robbed us all!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 05:09:24 AM »

I never understood why people (obviously) take it so personally. Its a name for Chrissakes. I share everyone's animosity towards him, but who cares if you use his name or not? Its like Lee Harvey Oswald or whatever. I got admonished then booted from another Beatle site about 2 years ago just for replying to someone's post and using his name because "it is too upsetting for some people to see his name." Get over it. Its not honouring him at all. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn back time or change what happened, but I don't get why people get so bent over a name, especially since it is never used in a positive or favourable context. If it comes up in topic, so what? I find it more offensive that NBC gave him an hour of airtime about his upbringing, his tapes, etc., all leading to the crescendo at the Dakota. For the first time, I finally agree with something that wuss-ass Elliot Mintz said, and that was his questioning of why he should get any publicity at all.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 10:32:11 AM »

^I whole heartedly agree. Not using his name just serves to mythicize (?) him even more.
Haven't seen the programme of course, but the bit I saw, the intro, was disturbing. "John Lennons Murderer Speaks" in a big dramatic voice with booming music. I'd like to think here in the UK it would have been done with a little more constraint.
And why do we need to watch these things? Watch the next time TV interviews the relatives of a victim - they ask how are they feeling (as if dandy will be the reply) then they zoom in close, trying to catch a tear. Why we need to see others sufferings (and in a horrible way some even seem to get off on it) I'll never know, but we do. Its a bit like peoples fascination with serial killers (and these fanatics seem to be mostly women.) it seems the dark side of human nature holds a deep fascnitation for us. As they say, we're the ape that got lucky.
don't follow leaders

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 05:47:59 AM »

. . . I watched it. All except the first half hour or so. Yeah, out of morbid curiosity.

I can't believe he stopped listening to the "Little People" when they told him NOT to shoot John. They were RIGHT for once... very bad move. Har har.

I find it more offensive that NBC gave him an hour of airtime [...]

You know what's even worse than NBC airing ANY of that? They gave him about TWO hours.
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 55 queries.