Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ringo's Post Beatle Drumming  (Read 3959 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Ringo's Post Beatle Drumming
« on: July 19, 2016, 03:58:03 AM »

I'm interested in views on whether The Beatles was the high point for Ringo as a drummer. When asked about his best drumming we Beatle fans tend to focus on the Beatle songs.

Are there many examples of great drumming by Ringo in his solo career? And did he keep developing as a drummer in the way George did as a guitarist?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:24:38 PM by Moogmodule »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Ringo's Post Beatle Drumming
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:16:50 PM »

This is one of my faves.

! No longer available

As for developing his drumming throughout the years,,,,,I dont know.  He's Ringo.  He did use some double bass on Choose Love I guess, but I dont feel Ringo was or is out there trying to reinvent himself.  He has his style and kind of sticks to it. 

I would say Ringo probably did his best stuff in the Beatles just as Paul did bass wise.  I'm not done with this thread though.  You have given me reason to go and revisit Ringos catalog.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 12:27:58 AM »

This is one of my faves.

! No longer available

As for developing his drumming throughout the years,,,,,I dont know.  He's Ringo.  He did use some double bass on Choose Love I guess, but I dont feel Ringo was or is out there trying to reinvent himself.  He has his style and kind of sticks to it. 

I would say Ringo probably did his best stuff in the Beatles just as Paul did bass wise.  I'm not done with this thread though.  You have given me reason to go and revisit Ringos catalog.
On the DVD I got with the CD the xylophone is actually a drum synthesizer played by Ringo!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 12:41:46 AM »

I'm not done with this thread though.  You have given me reason to go and revisit Ringos catalog.

Excellent! It's been sort of echoey around here lately. I don't know a lot about drumming but I will comment on his overall style. He's one of those people who has gotten better looking with age I think. After all he went through with his health as a kid it's a miracle he's even here, let alone looking great! Now, back to drumming...

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 09:50:09 AM »

This is one of my faves.

! No longer available

That's quite "heavy" sounding for Ringo drumming. Certainly compared to his better known solo stuff.  And most of his Beatle contribution.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 10:57:25 AM »

On the DVD I got with the CD the xylophone is actually a drum synthesizer played by Ringo!

Yep.  The DVD is excellent. 

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 49 queries.