Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The artwork of John Lennon In Provincetown through 8-24  (Read 1381 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
The artwork of John Lennon In Provincetown through 8-24
« on: August 29, 2011, 06:57:22 AM »

Cape Cod Times
August 27, 2011
The artwork of John Lennon has been critically lauded and revered by fans and, from Friday through Sept. 4, the touring exhibit

"Imagine Peace: The Artwork of John Lennon," presented by the musician's widow, Yoko Ono, will appear at the Unitarian Universalist Meeting House in Provincetown.Last year around this time, a similar Lennon exhibit was scheduled for the same place. But threats of a hurricane — Sound familiar? — caused its cancellation.This year's exhibit features more than 100 pieces from Lennon's early 20s in 1964 until his death in 1980, including four new releases shown in Provincetown for the first time.Many sketches were created during Lennon's time living at the landmark apartment building the Dakota in New York City with Ono and their young son, Sean. Often lighthearted, the work offers a glimpse into Lennon's world as a family man as well as a deeply spiritual soul. Like his music, there's beauty and a playfulness to many pieces. There are also visions of peace and hope for a better world.We spoke with Ono last year, when she offered insight into her husband from her home in New York. Extremely gracious and talkative, the influential artist, musician and peace activist also speculated as to whether the world has turned into the place Lennon, who was shot and killed by a deranged fan in 1980 and would have been 70 last October had he lived, imagined it could be.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110827/LIFE/108270304
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:59:25 AM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KeepUnderCover

• A Beginning
  • Across The Universe
Re: The artwork of John Lennon In Provincetown through 8-24
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 08:56:06 AM »

Sounds interesting!

I'd love to go, but I don't see myself being able to go to New York for this exhibit.

Live dates

Ringo Starr, Columbus OH, Feb 22, 1999
Julian Lennon, Cincinnati OH, July 21, 1999
Paul McCartney, Cincinnati OH, Aug 4th, 2011

~The Beatles Forever~

KelMar

Re: The artwork of John Lennon In Provincetown through 8-24
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 03:50:01 AM »

I just sent this link to my friend who lives in Provincetown. I'm interested in finding out if he's seen it.

Page created in 0.38 seconds with 44 queries.