Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Pilgrimage to the Dakota  (Read 1296 times)

Pilgrimage to the Dakota
« on: May 09, 2006, 05:24:10 AM »

Well, I've not had the chance to go on vacation for quite awhile, but I will be going to the Apple on Thursday for a well needed soul-cleansing, which is what the city does for me, and it always includes a walk to the Dakota and a few minutes of digestion. It looks so different these past many years since they did the sandblasting.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: Pilgrimage to the Dakota
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 11:36:58 AM »

Fancy taking some pics for the forum Junior? I don't mind hosting them. :)

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 11:11:40 PM »

Sure, I'd be happy to. I don't know if Yoko still has any cats, but maybe one of the Lennon felines will be in a window. Closest thing I've seen to anything in those Co-Ops.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 02:14:45 AM »

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I've never been to the Dakota/Strawberry Fields. I just didn't think of it when I was there. I'm an idiot.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 07:28:09 AM »

Maybe it was a subconscious thing-it's not easy to do. I've been to both a thousand times and it still has an effect all these years later. I can't speak for anyone else, but I always get this 'mind-movie' while looking at the geranium planter where MDC stood and waited, and the spot in front where the cab pulled up to the curb. I can't explain it, it just still seems so, I don't know. It's kind of funny in a way--I hold the Dakota as sacred ground--you have to remember, it's not just where he died, but where he lived for a long time but the last time I was out there standing across the street on 72nd, watching the Japanese tourists taking pictures, there were a few guys with jackhammers taking apart the sidewalk right in front of this incredible, sacred edifice. Just business as usual. You had to be there folks...

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 43 queries.