Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: NEWLY ACQUIRED  (Read 1624 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
NEWLY ACQUIRED
« on: July 07, 2006, 02:42:31 PM »

i recently bought brian setzers rockabilly riot,a tribute to sun records...http://www.surfdog.com/briansetzer.html
i also bought the brain setzer orchestra..a two cd set
also i got the collins kids...the rockingest
As pre-teens, Lorrie and Larry Collins, the Collins Kids, appeared regularly on Town Hall Party, a weekly 1950s-era Los Angeles television show hosted by country star Tex Ritter. Lorrie would belt out rock & roll numbers with the authority and audacity of someone twice her age while her younger brother would play the double-neck Mosrite guitar with a manic energy only equaled by his precocious talent. Born into a family of Oklahoma dairy farmers, their parents sold the farm and moved to California so the kids could pursue their show business destinies. Besides Town Hall Party, the Collins Kids appeared on national TV shows like Ed Sullivan and Steve Allen and toured with stars like Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins. Lorrie's highly publicized romance with Ricky Nelson thrust her briefly into the spotlight but her subsequent marriage to a much older man, while still a teen, pretty much ended the duo's careers. By 1962, the duo had stopped recording; Lorrie concentrated on motherhood and Larry turned his skills to songwriting (he wrote the hit "Delta Dawn" and has been nominated for several songwriting awards, including the Grammy). Thirty years later, they made an enormously successful appearance at the 1993 Hemsby Rockabilly Festival in England and the Collins Kids have been entertaining their legions of fans, including rockers like Elvis Costello and Marshall Crenshaw, ever since.
i also bought a gene vincent cd....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
Re: NEWLY ACQUIRED
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 03:22:37 PM »

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
Re: NEWLY ACQUIRED
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 03:44:41 PM »

lorrie was slated to marry ricky nelson but eloped with their producer...nearly 20 years her senior...

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 38 queries.