Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "A Hard Day's Night" Beatles head shot photographs  (Read 8332 times)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
"A Hard Day's Night" Beatles head shot photographs
« on: December 24, 2008, 01:25:06 AM »

This is something I've wanted to ask for a long time.  Does anyone have all of the photographs (outtakes, rare pics, etc.) from the "A Hard Day's Night" B&W head shots?  I believe they were all taken by Robert Freeman.  I do have a Beatles book by him, but he only published the "AHDN" head shots we've seen a million times before from the album and movie posters.  I'm sure there has to be more.  Plus, there are all those photographs that run during the end credits of "AHDN," and I'm not sure where to find most of those (unless they're featured in the ad posters too).

In addition to the album and movie poster pics, I also have these:

(Well, I think some of these were officially published for "AHDN", but not all.)

If I could get any leads on where to find more or all of these head shots, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: "A Hard Day's Night" Beatles head shot photographs
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 03:10:27 AM »

Penny Lane,

Yes, they were all taken by Robert Freeman.  Your album, poster, book and what you posted show some of the head shots.  You can put your DVD into your computer and do screen captures of many more in the closing credits.  He probably shot even more but what you'll wind up with should be a nice collection.

You can see some of A Hard Day's Night title design shots here:  http://www.robertfreeman.net/english.html
I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 39 queries.