Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 184269 times)

Pepper

• One And One Is Two
  • We ask the question and the answer's "yes"...
    • Lucy Pepper Page
Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2004, 01:03:21 PM »

There is an radio transmitter (is this word right? I found it in a dictionary!?) which my parents listend to since I was born. Some day they made a competion between the fans of the Beatles and the fans of the Rolling Stones. It went on some weeks. I got curious and began to enjoy the fact, that they played much music of these two bands. Of couse I noticed that I like the Beatles music best and decided to buy "No. 1" (it was new this time). How you can image: after some times I listend to this music I couldn't stop doing that. ;D
Later I realised that there were songs I loved before I became a fan - there was a cover version of "michelle", the melodie if "Hey Jude" and "Yesterday" on our keyboard and some other things like that that made me a Beatles fan before I was indeed.
Sometimes I think it was destiny that I bought this record. ;)
[face=Book Antiqua]"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make..."[/face]

Val

• A Beginning
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2004, 07:44:36 PM »

I was standing on the stage in Junior High School and all these girls were screaming and squealing behind me on the gym floor about "beatles," ha ha (?)  I listened to their songs and saw that first album cover.  I was hooked too.

Pbg

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2004, 04:05:23 PM »

Like many have said here, I can't remember a specific occasion that got me into the Beatles, I've liked them since my childhood. My mother was a big Beatles fan in her youth, so I guess I've inherited my interest in the band from her.

beatlegirl200

• A Beginning
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2004, 10:22:16 PM »

I was 8 and a friend of my sister's was playing Love Me Do.  The next week, I saw them on the tv show Entertainment Tonight and thought they were cute.  I asked my mom about them and from then on, they have been my obsession. 

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2004, 05:49:12 PM »

i saw them on Ed when i was 4...my older cousins were having fits, i coulda cared less....the first time i really noticed beatle music was around 1968, i was 9, my friends older sister baby sat us, and we always heard rubber soul, and a stack of 45's....we " stole" these treasures and began wearing them out daily...my birthday came up and i asked for the "new" beatles album, abbey road.....then i bought them backwards, and was amazed at every album...i don't know how many times i said " wow, i didn't know they did that"....through out the 70's, i was a "beatlefreak".....collected stuff ever since
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2004, 10:08:52 PM »

Listening to My Cousins No 1 CD, something just clicked.
After listening to the No1 constantly for a few months, my friends dad had a handful of albums..Revolver, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road..Peppers..I didnt know what to expect, and was hoping it would be the same calibre...after absorbing each album..and being amazed, I got this Discography..with every album on (including compilations)...after that, Ive collected magazines and books plus DVD's...

The Beatles are..the greatest Band ever.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Olly

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2004, 10:55:06 PM »

i got a copy of "help" for my seventh birthday, the beatles have been a part of me ever since.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2004, 11:19:08 PM »

I always knew about the Beatles. How can you not know about them?! But my dad was a Beatles fan and he used to sing Yellow Submarine and Lucy in the Sky to me when I was a baby.
I got into The Beatles about two years ago, when I was on Kazaa downloading some of their most famous tunes (Can't Buy Me Love, Twist and Shout, etc.) And I realized, "Wow! These guys have a lot of songs!" I downloaded a few and liked them, so I decided to ask my dad about them. Turns out he was a fan and he taught me everything he knew about them. I went out and bought the 67-70 compilation and loved it to pieces and then my dad gave me his copy of Revolver. My guitar tecaher is a BEATLEMANIAC to the extreme, and she told me about her Beatley experiences in the sixties (she actually won a contest and got to see them live... lucky duck) and that just fed my obsession. So I went on buying the albums in no particular order. Oh, might I add, I also fell in love with Macca.
So now everyone at school knows me as "That girl who loves The Beatles" and some of my classmates have taken to calling me "Lady Mairi McCartney" as a joke. (blush)

Well, I'm sure no one's interested in this, so I'm going to stop rambling now
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2004, 08:58:04 PM »

Watching a Simpsons episode when the old people are set free by Bart and they run through the field to a cover of Can't Buy Me Love. I really liked the song and from then its just flowered.

Lostio

• Getting Better
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2004, 04:45:59 PM »

Well, I'm 13 right now and it was at 12 I found out about the great Beatles, at the 8th of December.

As you wall know, December 8th was the day John Lennon was murdered. So, I went to the living room and my dad was watching a news report about a dedicatory to John Lennon and I noticed the videoclip of his song "Imagine" was playing. I immediately recognized the song, because once my father put it on his computer and I really liked it, having him put the song in my computer as well and I've been hearing it regularly ever since.

So, I asked my dad what the news report was about and he said it was about a dedicatrory to John Lennon, so I decided to watch it for a while.

Then, the news reporter mentioned 'ex-Beatle' when refering to John Lennon. I asked my dad what an ex-Beatle was and he said it was a term that meant John Lennon once used to be in a famous band called the Beatles. The next thing he decided to do changed my life. "Here, I'll show you a CD of them."

That CD was a PC CD-ROM where Every. Single. Song. of the Beatles was. He pointed out his personal favorite Beatles song, which was "Octopus' Garden" and I loved it. I started listening to it frequently, but after a while I decided to change songs and searched other songs that were there.

Since the songs were divided in albums, I opened the one my father said was a "greatest hits" album of the Beatles - The Red and Blue Albums.

After that, it was magic. I started looking at the rest of the songs, loved most of them and bingo - the Beatles had become my favorite band.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2004, 04:51:46 PM »

[quote by=Jake link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1081444497,s=49 date=1100293084]Watching a Simpsons episode when the old people are set free by Bart and they run through the field to a cover of Can't Buy Me Love. I really liked the song and from then its just flowered.[/quote]

That's where I heard Can't Buy Me Love too!

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Polly

• One And One Is Two
  • Peace and luv.
    • Newspaper Taxi
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2004, 09:18:28 PM »

Since infancy. Their music was always played in my home, and my mother just instilled that in me.
"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Paperbackwriter

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles Forever
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2004, 10:32:17 PM »

I was 14, when my 3 years elder cousin played the red album (1962 - 1966) to me, and I was immediately infected by the "Beatle bacillus". I remember, after recording the record on to cassette, I played that tape round and round every day. It's still today, when I play a regular Beatle album , for example Help, that I'm irritated, when the follow up song is not the one, which would follow on the red album line up. I'm shure, you know what I mean.......
From that day on, I was into Beatles, and time after time, I collected all albums. By luck, we had a good record dealer in my hometown, so that I began to collect bootlegs in the 70'ies, I'm glad, to have today, because they are rare.
I also remember, that my room in my parent's house was totally postered with Beatles photos, one day I got a life-sized poster, which I was really proud of.(smile)
Today, Idon't have posters of course, but I love the music so much, that it helps me sometimes, when I'm not in good mood, but also gives me a good feeling, when I'm in good mood. It's like an accompaniment of my life, and will be as long as I live, I'm shure of.
That's my story so far, Klaus

Lucy In The Sky

• Getting Better
  • All You Need Is Love
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2004, 12:26:47 AM »

I knew their famous songs when I was little like yellow submarine, octopus's garden, Merry Xmas (war is over) and such but I only got really into them at the start of the year. I put one of my brothers CDs on, Abbey Road, and I got hooked immediately.

Fan: Will You Sing Us A Song?
John, Paul, George and Ringo: NO!

Q: I Was Wondering If You Think American Girls Are Fickle?
Ringo: All Girls Are Fickle.[/c

Paperbackwriter

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles Forever
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2004, 12:57:31 AM »

I have to add something I forgot to mention, but that's important for me. I'm a guitar player, and the only reason, when I started learning guitar was THE BEATLES, although I don't play Beatles stuff today, except we're having party with acoustic guitars.....
Klaus

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2004, 10:50:31 AM »

I picked the bass up because of the 'Beatle-Sound'

Paperbackwriter

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles Forever
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2004, 11:06:41 AM »

Hey IndicaWalrus,

which bass you play, did you get a Hoefner Bass ? Il ike that bass, it's so easy to handle, I played it several times and I liked it much, although it's sound isn't that modern.
The only problem is it's semi-acoustic kind of being built, because of some feedback-problems you can get in the rehearshal room, playing with a loud band. But it works.
Klaus

Paperbackwriter

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles Forever
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2004, 11:09:44 AM »

PS : The Rickenbaker, Paul used since "Pepper" is a fine instrument too, did you check that out ?

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2004, 11:49:23 AM »

Well, my first bass was a mock-Hofner, as the real article is way to expensive.
I went for image over sound, which was the wrong decision, but you learn from your mistakes.
I now have a Fender P bass, which is one bulky tank of a bass, but has a great sound.

Im gonna save up for the RickenBacker Bass*..its just such a great instrument..looks and sound! :)
I think Paul used the Rickenbacker on some of Revolver too, he couldn't resist its charms in the studio.

Paperbackwriter

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles Forever
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2004, 03:01:45 PM »

You're absolutely right, I just read in MARK LEWISON'S "THE COMPLETE BEATLES RECORDING SESSIONS" that Paul used the Rickenbaker bass for the first time recording PAPERBACK WRITER:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 82 queries.