Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 184246 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« on: April 08, 2004, 05:14:57 PM »

When did you first hear of The Beatles? Was it through their films or maybe a track you heard on the radio? What makes their music so special to you? Can you remember what it was that suddenly made you think "wow"?

Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 05:25:25 PM »

I can't remember exactly what age I was when I first heard of the Beatles. I do recall sitting watching a special on them with my parents when I was nine years old. I didn't start to listen to them until I was sixteen. My Social Studies class was doing a project on how things change over time and my friend and I chose to do music. I put together a compilation tape together of songs from the 50s to the 90s. I borrowed the Beatles "1962-1966" cassette from the library and I didn't even know what one song to put on my tape because there were so many that I liked. I finally chose "A Hard Day's Night" and "Yesterday". I got 100% on the tape :) I kept the Beatles cassette from the library for a while afterwards and made my own copy of  songs I liked. Then I was obsessed.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 05:30:03 PM »

Great story Colleen :)

I MUST remember to write on my own threads!!!! I haven't written anything about Free As A Bird/Real Love yet! Stoopid boy! :)

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 06:44:52 PM »

My dad brought me into the world of the Beatles when he bought me 1. I was a oldies fan and i knew some Beatles songs from the radio but i wasn't really into them. My dad bought me 1 because he knea i liked oldies and he liked the Beatles and He thought I would to. And What do you know I did. I was inspired by there music. It was different from the traditional oldies. so I got more and more albums to learn more about them. Know i'm a massive fan and whant to know all i can.
Adam Priestle

Wayne L.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 07:10:11 PM »

I first became aware of the Beatles becoming a fan listening to them on the radio in the backseat of my parent's car when I was 5 years old way back in 69 even though I didn't know their history & their classic rock albums until 76 during Paul's US tour. 

SirMorgoth

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 02:44:24 AM »

i have the beatles in my blood!! my father used to listen to it since im a baby, and i never stoped listening to them after that!!!

Anderson Council

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 10:38:28 PM »

I was a teenager in the 80's and one thing I could not stand was the music.  It still drives me crazy when I hear it.  I have an older sister that I should be thankful for.  I went through her cassette tape collection one day and took some albums. Among them were some zeppelin and sabbath etc. The albums I found that changed my life in music was The Beatle's White Album and Pink Floyd's Dark side of the moon.To this day these to bands remain and will remain my most favorites!!!

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 12:40:07 AM »

when I was 10 or 11 my father bought Anthology 2 as a gift for my mother and the rest is history...

I used to listen anthology 2 hours and hours.The song that got me hooked up first was Help! and then Yesterday.

---powered by Moondogs®---

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 12:45:03 AM »

7 yrs old and my sister had the 62' to 66' double red album. I listened, I loved, I bought.

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2004, 04:43:54 AM »

Weird...my post never showed up from yesterday.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2004, 03:08:28 PM »

I grew up with them.
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2004, 05:15:02 PM »

In Liverpool???

;-)

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 01:43:55 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1081444497,s=11 date=1081617302]In Liverpool???

;-)[/quote]

I'm jelous! ??)
Adam Priestle

John@work

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 09:44:47 PM »

I first heard "Hey Jude" on my sisters box record player.  I remember watching the green apple spinning round and round.  I can't remember how many times I continued to play my sister's 45.
A working class hero is something to be...

John Lennon

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 12:16:13 AM »

[quote by=George_Fan link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1081444497,s=14 date=1081814887]A Friend thought I'd like them because he knew I liked oldies. I had heard some of there songs but wasn't really into them. So I bought the Red and Blue collections and really liked them. I really liked the songs by George and know he's my favorite artist.[/quote]

What's your fav song.
Adam Priestle

GOAT2G

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2004, 07:37:31 PM »

My mum sent for Rubber Soul on CD cos she had got rid of all her vinyl and it just got played here and there. I was about 10 or something and it remains my favourite album!

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2004, 06:18:36 PM »

Oh the person i should be thankful to is my fathers brother-in-law.
One summer when i was 12 i stayed with him and my fathers sister for three weeks while my parents were in Denmark.
He is the massivest Beatle fan i know (apart from me :P)
I of course had heard them before but never wondered who they were...

And he was listening to the song Strawberry Fields Forever, i asked him: What is this? And he said: The Beatles!
I went just WOOOOWWWWWW are there any other good songs made by them?
And then he showed me his collection!!

Since than, i listen to The Beatles every single day!!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2004, 08:42:18 PM »

How can you "discover" the Beatles??

You can discover less well known artists like Elliott Smith (and you should, dammit!), but the Beatles are everywhere, it's almost impossible to not have known them ever since your early childhood (unless you're 50+ of course).

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2004, 08:47:49 PM »

So anyway, I've known the Beatles for as long as I can think back... But I'll tell you how I went from just liking the Beatles to becoming a real fan...

For some reason I have this thing for outtakes, demos, unreleased live tracks and stuff like that, so when I found a cheap second hand copy of "Anthology 2" somewhere I got it and then listened to it almost non-stop for at least a week. Because I didn't know half of the songs on it I of course wanted to check out then how the final versions of all these songs sounded, so I checked out the regular albums and became a fan.

bryan

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2004, 04:22:56 AM »

i heard of them from my teacher
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 80 queries.