Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lost George Harrison 'Sun' guitar solo on 'Material World' film  (Read 935 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Los Angeles Times
March 28, 2012
Lost George Harrison 'Sun' guitar solo on 'Material World' film

Tucked in among about a dozen bonus audio and video features on the May 1 home video release of Martin Scorsese’s documentary “George Harrison: Living in the Material World” is a session that’s bound to generate excitement among Harrison and Beatles aficionados: a missing George Harrison guitar solo from one of his most celebrated songs, “Here Comes the Sun.”It surfaces during in-studio conversation between Harrison’s son, Dhani, longtime Beatles producer George Martin and his son, Giles Martin, who has overseen recordings used in the film and on an accompanying CD.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/03/george-harrison-martin-scorsese-guitar-solo-here-comes-the-sun-living-in-the-material-world-documentary.html
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

stevie

• Getting Better
Re: Lost George Harrison 'Sun' guitar solo on 'Material World' film
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 08:55:25 AM »

The L.A. Times are obviously NOT UP with the times!

This has been common knowledge since the DVD was released.

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 10:41:32 AM »

Yeah, I think this is the third time that this has been posted as "news" here.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 06:08:32 PM by peregrine9 »

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 06:08:44 PM »

Yeah, I think this is the third time that this has been posted as "news" here.

I'm sorry if this article or one like it,has allready been posted in the news area here.There is sometimes a lot of daily  news and I try to not post the same article here.Sometimes there will be another article online about something thats allready posted.That has more information in it.I'm not trying to just double post articles.But I'm sure sometimes I don't always catch it before posting something.If its from a different online newspaper.I'm trying to make sure its not allready been posted in another thread.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:53:45 PM by peregrine9 »

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 10:33:37 PM »

I'm sorry if this article or one like it,has allready been posted in the news area here.There is sometimes daily a lot news and I try to not post the same article here.Sometimes there will be another article online about something thats allready posted.That has more information in it.I'm not trying to just double post articles.But I'm sure sometimes I don't always catch it before posting something.If its from a different online newspaper.I'm trying to make sure its not allready been posted in another thread.

Hi Peregrine9,
My previous post wasn't meant to be a criticism of you - sorry if it looked that way.
I was just pointing out that various news sources - which I know that you do repost here - have been picking up on this same story for months.
Keep on posting all your news stories - even if some are repeated, that isn't a problem - you're doing a good job  ;)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 11:52:04 PM »

Hi Peregrine9,
My previous post wasn't meant to be a criticism of you - sorry if it looked that way.
I was just pointing out that various news sources - which I know that you do repost here - have been picking up on this same story for months.
Keep on posting all your news stories - even if some are repeated, that isn't a problem - you're doing a good job  ;)

Thats ok Peterbell1 I understand.Thanks for the words of support.My main source of news articles for the Beatles are internet search engines.Including other news groups.But I find the best way for me to find news is do the research online myself.Everyone have a safe,positive and great upcoming week and take care.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:54:26 PM by peregrine9 »

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 48 queries.