Beatles forums > Albums

please please me

(1/7) > >>

pc31:
here in the us we got meet the beatles first....please please me was released as introducing the beatles by vee jay records.it was not promoted much so it went vitually unnoticed.
i do really enjoy this album too.a few of my faves are on there.like anna....
i have a copy of it in its original release.i played it a few times b4 i bought the capitol version of it.the early beatles.great hey-day stuff....3 thumbs up.....

Taxgirl:
Yeah I love this album too!

Fool_on_the_Hill:
actually i love all of the songs from this album except for Boys

Bruno:
My favorite songs from this album are Misery, Anna and Do you want to know a secret. Great album that was recorded in such a short period of time, it was basically a live album :)

The End:
[quote by=Bruno link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1077371298,s=3 date=1077432121]My favorite songs from this album are Misery, Anna and Do you want to know a secret. Great album that was recorded in such a short period of time, it was basically a live album :)[/quote]

Yeah, it's amazing when you think about it - most of these tracks are just the Beatles plugged in and recorded! The only overdubs were claps, harmonica and occasional piano! Most amazing of all is the fact that the last song they recorded that night was Twist And Shout - and they got that in just one take! What you hear on that track is the Beatles REALLY live!

Recently, Paul has tried to go back to this way of recording, and in my opinion his releases have been all the better for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version