Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ranking John's Albums  (Read 2527 times)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Ranking John's Albums
« on: June 30, 2004, 07:24:26 PM »

Your Mission: To rank all 8 of John's post Beatles albums in order of greatness.

Your Reward: The thrill of posting.  ;)

1. Plastic Ono Band
2. Imagine
3. Double Fantasy
4. Walls and Bridges
5. Milk and Honey
6. Mind Games
7. Rock and Roll
8. Sometime in New York City

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
Re: Ranking John's Albums
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 07:31:02 PM »

1-Plastic Ono Band
2-Imagine
3-Double Fantasy
4-Sometime in NYC
5-Milk and Honey
6-Mind Games
7-Walls and Bridges
8-Rock n roll

---powered by Moondogs®---

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 07:31:58 PM »

1.  John Lennon Plastic Ono Band
2.  Imagine
3. Live Peace In Toronto(excluding Yoko's tracks)
4.  Sometime In NYC
5.  Walls & Bridges
6.  Mind Games
7.  Double Fantasy
8.  Rock & Roll
9.  Live In NYC
10.  Milk & Honey

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 08:19:38 PM »

Lordy lordy. You have left out too many for this to be taken seriously.

You'll notice Wayne added a couple. A few more are the the three "UNFINISHED MUSIC" albums, SHAVED FISH (compiled by John, so not your average cobbled-together best of), MENLOVE AVENUE.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 09:09:45 PM »

Unfinished Music doesn't go along with the rest of his solo career....it's far too different to compare....Shaved Fish is still a greatest hits set, and Menlove Avenue is mostly comprised of alternate takes. I just like to focus on the artist's normal studio output when doing these rankings.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Wayne L.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 09:53:41 PM »

If you want to make a fool out of me because of my post ranking my favorite Lennon solo albums then you're the bigger fool.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 10:23:59 PM »

why are you guys getting upset because some of John's albums are not in the list? If you  don't see an album you like just add it to the list and that's the end of the story.

---powered by Moondogs®---

Runforyourlife

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 12:06:00 AM »

Wayne, please calm down and don't insinuate anyone was trying to make a fool out of you, because I certainly didn't see that here.

OK, ranking my fave John is no easy task. I swear to all of you, I LOVE his solo music. I sometimes go nutty over one album, and then it will become my favorite album of his for a certain time period, then I move to another. I'm just in love with his music.

That being said, Plastic Ono Band is probably my favorite album of all time. I think it changed my life more than any other record. It's so raw and intense, the lyrics are really brisk and to-the-point, and there is such a ferocious passion and honesty and conviction underlying the whole effort. This was a concept album. It was like someone peeling off the layers of their skin and revelaing their insides to the whole world, with whatever results.

My second choice? Hmmm...let me get back to you on this list. I promise to think it all out. Nothing is definite, though. I have to really think about it because I love John's solo music so much, and I hold it very dear to my heart. Not an easy matter, this ranking stuff. :)

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 12:22:58 AM »

[quote by=Rowdy link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1088623466,s=4 date=1088629785]Unfinished Music doesn't go along with the rest of his solo career....it's far too different to compare....Shaved Fish is still a greatest hits set, and Menlove Avenue is mostly comprised of alternate takes. I just like to focus on the artist's normal studio output when doing these rankings.[/quote]

Whaddya mean, Unfinished Music doesn't go along with the rest of his solo career? That's meaningless babble by you. Also, you CAN compare BECAUSE they're so different.

I'm tired of you presenting these lists, asking for our opinion, but leaving out stuff YOU don't like.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 12:25:16 AM »

[quote by=Bruno link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1088623466,s=6 date=1088634239]why are you guys getting upset because some of John's albums are not in the list? If you

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 01:01:49 AM »

well, I agree that the introduction to this thread is incorrect but I don't agree with the low standard part.
Not everybody has the same amount of knowledge about the Beatles and their solo career stuff, and we're all humans here as far as Im concerned so we make mistakes every once in a while.
To be honest I completely forgot about Unfinished Music. I did not include Shaved Fish because like rowdy said it's a compilation of hits.

Like I said before, just add the albums you want to the list and don't make a big deal about what was left out of the list.