Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Anthology Zero: The Beatles at their Best feat Hall of Fame MC Melle Mel  (Read 1388 times)

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning

Watch free at www.TheUltimateTrip.net.

THE BEATLES AT THEIR BEST

Contact : James Lee press@TheUltimateTrip.net                                                                                FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HALL OF FAME MC GRANDMASTER MELE MEL NARRATES NEW BEATLES FILM
ALSO CALLS FOR EX-BEATLES BEER SUMMIT

Legendary Hip Hop artist Grandmaster Mele Mel (aka MC Melle Mel) has lent his voice to the critically acclaimed festival award winning short film, The Beatles at their Best.  This week is the 50th anniversary of The Beatles as the world came to know them – John, Paul, George & Ringo.   To commemorate this anniversary, the film has been re-titled Anthology Zero: The Beatles at their Best, and is now available for free to the public via YouTube and at www.TheUltimateTrip.net.  Melle Mel, a 3 time Grammy winning artist best known as the lead vocalist and main songwriter for Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5, the first rap group ever to be inducted into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame explains why he got involved in the project. 

“I wanted to narrate "The Beatles at their Best" because like most people I was familiar with the Beatles, but after learning more about their early years, I found it to be one of most interesting, intriguing and under reported stories in the history of music.”  – Grandmaster Mele Mel

Made primarily from photos, video clips and interviews all found on the Internet, many only recently available, "Anthology Zero: The Beatles at their Best" is the true story of the early years of the Beatles told from an alternate point of view.  Get reintroduced to the Beatles, the most successful musical group in history at the time they were at their best.  This was a time when the groups’ most popular member wasn't John, Paul, George or Ringo. 

"We were at our best when we were playing in the dance halls of Liverpool and Hamburg. The world never saw that."   - John Lennon

50 years ago this week, The Beatles original drummer and most popular member Pete Best was sacked and replaced by Ringo Starr while the group was recording their British debut single Love Me Do.  Best was never told why he was fired.  A half century later, fellow surviving members of The Beatles, Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr have still not spoken to their former friend.  Mele Mel has joined the films’ director Shaun Phillips in calling for an “ex-Beatles Beer Summit”.

“After all these years, it would nice to put these guys together for a hand shake, maybe throw down a beer and bring some finality to this issue.  Show that there are no hard feelings, everybody learned something and it all worked out in the end.  I think that's something that all true Beatles fans, especially those familiar with the story, would like to see.”  – Grandmaster Mele Mel

The short film “The Beatles at their Best” is available to the public right now for free via YouTube at www.TheUltimateTrip.net.  Follow on Twitter @BeatlesAtTheirB and #exBeatlesBeerSummit.  For more information contact, Press@TheUltimateTrip.net.   

The Beatles at their Best

Winner 2011 New England Underground Film Festival
http://newenglanduff.webs.com/the2011festival.htm

First perfect score in history of independent film review website IndyRed.com (5 out of 5 stars)
http://www.indyred.com/1/post/2012/07/review-the-beatles-at-their-best.html

Review at FilmTreat.com (4 stars)
www.filmthreat.com/reviews/42417/

Grandmaster Mele Mel background.

Lead rapper & main songwriter for Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five

1st Hip Hop artist ever to call himself an "MC".
1st to rap on a Grammy winning record. (Chaka Khan “I Feel For You”)
1st Hip Hop record in Grammy Hall of Fame (‘The Message”)
1st Hip Hop artists in the Smithsonian Institute. (Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5)
1st Hip Hop artist in U.S. National Archives (“The Message”)
1st Hip Hop group in Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (2007) (Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5)
Member of the group that invented the term "Hip Hop".  (Keith Cowboy – GF&TF5)

Hit records include Superrappin', Freedom, Birthday Party, Step Off, Pump Me Up, New York, New York, The Message, Beat Street Breakdown, White Lines (Don’t Do It), I Feel For You (w/ Chaka Khan), King Of The Streets, Jesse, Vice, King Holiday (w/ King Holiday Chorus), Sun City (w/ Artists United Against Apartheid) and Back On The Block (w/Quincy Jones).

Featured finale performer in feature film Beat Street (1984)
Starring in the new Ice-T directed feature Something From Nothing: the Art of Rap (2012)

The Beatles (1960-1970) - John, Stu, Paul, George, Pete & Ringo

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 33 queries.