Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Paul should meet/play with Pete Best before they die!  (Read 22477 times)

NowhereMan28

• One And One Is Two
Paul should meet/play with Pete Best before they die!
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »

It has been 50 years since the three other Beatles fired Pete Best in a rather sneaky and crappy way. He was not only a drummer but their loyal friend. Although I am a HUGE Ringo fan and consider him to be a superior drummer, I still would like Macca to make amends. It's been too long, and I think that Pete deserves a chance to talk with Paul and just be friendly again with each other. Metallica did it with Dave Mustaine and now they are all friends again and even tour together! I think it would be awesome if they made amends and the Pete Best Band opened for Macca on tour!

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
Re: Paul should meet/play with Pete Best before they die!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:07:21 PM »

That's what I am after.  A beer summit & maybe have a play.

The Beatles (1960-1970) - John, Stu, Paul, George, Pete & Ringo

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:19:25 PM »

Paul ought to invite Pete for a one off gig and then bring in another drummer at the last minute. Thats what i'd like to see.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:44:02 PM »

Reality show.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

NowhereMan28

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 05:59:04 PM »

I think it could be a GREAT TV special or reality show kind of deal also, aside from the fact that it is something that just should happen because of the bitter history

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »

I don't think that Paul will ever do it, though. he's way too damn arrogant and pompous.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 06:58:46 PM »

Paul ought to invite Pete for a one off gig and then bring in another drummer at the last minute. Thats what i'd like to see.

Most likely the funniest thing I have read in a long long time  ;yes

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 07:57:36 PM »

I don't think that Paul will ever do it, though. he's way too damn arrogant and pompous.

It's been too long ago and nobody cares. Paul doesn't care and I'm pretty sure Pete doesn't care either. It has nothing to do with being arrogant or pompous. I'm not seeing any friends of forty years ago. Just because there seems to be a coincidence of two fans in here want to see them performing together? It makes no sense.

NowhereMan28

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 08:06:46 PM »

OK BOBBER first off, I think there are ALOT more than two fans who would LOVE to see this happen. It is one of the MOST INFAMOUS CONTROVERSIES in history, and I think it should be dealt with somehow before Macca drops dead! Macca will probably NEVER do it I agree because he's one of the most pompous and egotistical people on EARTH and he has tried to rewrite history by diminishing others' contributions to the Beatles and enhancing his own. Look at early interviews when Paul talked about Stu Sutcliffe being a GREAT bass player, and then 30 years later on Anthology he says that he couldn't play a note.

Pete and Paul were FRIENDS, not just band mates and I think he deserves an apology or explanation for what he did as a FRIEND, not the drumming aspect, because I do think Ringo is a TEN TIMES better drummer.

Sir John Johns

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 09:46:11 PM »

I don't think PB would benefit from playing support for Paul - On the major tours, usually it's the opening band's record company/management paying a fee to get them on the tour.

Even if there was a remote possibilty of Pete Best being the support act - He would be playing to a relatively small crowd of disinterested people - munching on stadium fare, putting on their newly bought tourshirt, and posting photos on Facebook/Twitter.

Rising Starr

• A Beginning
    • alison johnson
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 11:37:48 PM »

I have friends I dropped 30 years ago, and I see no reason to get back together with them.  No need or desire.  Why should Beatle be any different?

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 12:22:27 AM »

It's been too long ago and nobody cares. Paul doesn't care and I'm pretty sure Pete doesn't care either. It has nothing to do with being arrogant or pompous. I'm not seeing any friends of forty years ago. Just because there seems to be a coincidence of two fans in here want to see them performing together? It makes no sense.

Yeah, you're right.

I just meant that I don't see why Paul would ever consider this. I'm sure he considers Pete Best to be totally in the past, someone he never speaks to anymore.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:49:48 AM »

OK BOBBER first off, I think there are ALOT more than two fans who would LOVE to see this happen.

Not on this forum.

Pete and Paul were FRIENDS, not just band mates and I think he deserves an apology or explanation for what he did as a FRIEND, not the drumming aspect, because I do think Ringo is a TEN TIMES better drummer.

Lol. Paul never liked Pete. He's probably the last person to ask this of.

Bobber

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 09:10:29 AM »

What strikes me most is that Paul is now considered to be arrogant and pompous. Of course John and George are no longer with us, but they never considered to even get in touch with Pete Best as far as I know. If they had been really friends, things would have gone different.

Another thing is that this is the second time in a short period that a new member makes such a big point of this thing. Looks like a lobby to me. Oh, and writing in capitals comes off as shouting to me. Me no like.

NowhereMan28

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 02:16:36 PM »

I also thought George and John were wrong. At least John at the end of his life considered himself a coward for the manner in which they dumped Pete.

stevejrogers

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 08:25:45 PM »

What strikes me most is that Paul is now considered to be arrogant and pompous. Of course John and George are no longer with us, but they never considered to even get in touch with Pete Best as far as I know. If they had been really friends, things would have gone different.

Another thing is that this is the second time in a short period that a new member makes such a big point of this thing. Looks like a lobby to me. Oh, and writing in capitals comes off as shouting to me. Me no like.

I have to agree. 

While it'd be cool, but really it would just be for the nostalgia factor.

AFAIK there isn't a real history of deep rooted hatred and/or acrimony between the two that sure did exist within various combos of John, Paul and George.  So you really can't use "they ought to bury the hatchet" because there really isn't a hatchet to bury.

It was a sacking, part of the business they chose.  End of story. 

Sure a reunion would be nice as a one shot deal, but it's not something to say "Paul needs to set things right by Pete" about some 50 years later.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 08:31:53 PM »

I mean that in the most loving way possible. Paul's arrogance is rightfully deserved as I'd say he's one of the most successful entertainers of all time.

Bobber

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 09:20:15 PM »

I mean that in the most loving way possible. Paul's arrogance is rightfully deserved as I'd say he's one of the most successful entertainers of all time.

You're able to get something good out of anything! lol

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »

Yep, pretty much!

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »

New member #1 here.  I am not a lobby.

I think Pete & Paul were friends.  Maybe not as close as Pete was to John, but you don't spend a good part of 2 years living and working with each other everyday without being friends.  I have friends that can be real jerks, assh---s & losers from time to time.  They are still my friends.

I want to see a "reunion" not because they were friends, but as a final added closure to Beatles history.  I will go a step further.  I want to see a new record too, with Paul, Ringo & Pete.  An old time Hamburg style Rock & Roll song.  An original or maybe just a remake of Chuck Berry's "Rock & Roll Music".  Maybe ask Klauss to sit in for Stu on bass & ask Tony Sheridan to help out as well.  A one off song wouldn't hurt the Fab Four's place in history anymore than having Pete & Stu in the band at the beginning did.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 01:48:31 PM by BeatlesAtTheirBest »
The Beatles (1960-1970) - John, Stu, Paul, George, Pete & Ringo

www.TheUltimateTrip.net
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.641 seconds with 77 queries.