Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Paul should meet/play with Pete Best before they die!  (Read 22471 times)

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
Re: Paul should meet/play with Pete Best before they die!
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2012, 05:27:21 PM »

You got balls...

Insulting a Mod...

Keep it up... You just have so much credibility here now.

You know I have supported you talking about Pete Best. You turn around and insult me. You are truly alienating yourself here.

Throw another insult at me, please... You have such an attitude. I am sure it is helping you win friends in life and I am sure you are getting everything you want, because I am sure people just love you so much.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:31:39 PM by Gary910 »
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2012, 08:30:13 PM »

You got balls...

Insulting a Mod...

Keep it up... You just have so much credibility here now.

You know I have supported you talking about Pete Best. You turn around and insult me. You are truly alienating yourself here.

Throw another insult at me, please... You have such an attitude. I am sure it is helping you win friends in life and I am sure you are getting everything you want, because I am sure people just love you so much.

It sounded like you were the one insulting me.

Boy, some people get their panties in a knot easily...

All I said was you should work on that.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:33:51 PM by BeatlesAtTheirBest »
The Beatles (1960-1970) - John, Stu, Paul, George, Pete & Ringo

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »

I am here to talk about The Beatles.  Emphasis on the period between 1960-1962, the time John Lennon said that they were at they were at their best.  As for the Pete Best version of The Beatles being in the past, so is the Ringo Starr version of The Beatles.  Are we not allowed to talk about that either?

Sure doesn't seem like it....

I won't ban you, but you are not welcome here any longer. You have worn your welcome out.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »

Sure doesn't seem like it....

I won't ban you, but you are not welcome here any longer. You have worn your welcome out.

I am not sure that my opinions (and facts) about The Beatles were ever welcomed here as they seem to clash with the opinions of the forums management.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:52:46 PM by BeatlesAtTheirBest »

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2012, 09:01:58 PM »

As the last, most famous, and most recorded Beatles drummer would say, "Peace And Love"

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2012, 09:46:06 PM »

As the last, most famous, and most recorded Beatles drummer would say, "Peace And Love"

I agree Gary.  Peace & Love.  Things people say often seem worse when they are in writing.   :)

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2012, 08:26:14 AM »

Mods. Rockers. Plenty of room for us all.

Guess you could call me a mocker.

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »

I am a mocker - Ringo Starr

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2012, 06:20:08 PM »

Didn't Pete say that first?

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »

Didn't Pete say that first?

I think Pete prided himself on being a rocker all the way.

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2012, 01:32:46 AM »

Why don't we go all the way and have the Quarrymen join Paul on stage for some skiffle, and an album of skiffle music, along with a dose of 50's rock and roll?

That would be awesome, actually  ;D
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2012, 04:35:19 AM »

That would be awesome, actually  ;D

Yeah.  What he said.

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Dr.Winston

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »

Well, I can't see any reason why they should meet up or play together but I'd love to see it happen if they wanted to do it. They must have shared a lot of experiences together and I think that most people, if they'd shared such experiences would be happy to share some time together and indulge in a bit of nostalgia later in their lives. Assuminjg that it won't happen; then I'd think more of them both if they could face a meeting but didn't want to rather than it being something that either of them just couldn't face doing for whatever reason.

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2012, 07:15:25 PM »

I think Pete prided himself on being a rocker all the way.
to be in the top skiffle band in liverpool and to be one of them beatles, yeah i would say that's true. small potatoes my friend.
 ;yes
day tripper yeah

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2012, 01:42:41 AM »

You know, this thing with Pete, I think it just comes down to, he was a boring guy. We've seen the interviews and read the stories and of course the STORY is interesting to us, but he is so deadpan and unexciting. Compare him to any of the other guys, even the guys who WEREN'T in the band (except Mal) and he just wasn't a character. John and Paul knew they needed a character to make things work. They had great vision. Ringo was that guy. Ringo was also a better player. But besides that, they just didn't mesh with Pete.

I think it would be a real TRAVESTY if Paul played a set with Pete because he hasn't played a set with Ringo since 1969. He has turned down every opportunity that has come up to play with Ringo. I'm not talking the few songs at Concert for George or Anthology or his recent birthday. Those don't count. An actual, sit down, hour long jam out/concert has not happened and we all know Ringo is chomping at the bit for it to go down, not to mention all us Beatles fans. Ringo has consistently invited him to his all-star jams and Paul declines. So he won't even do THAT.

Furthermore, John saying the early years were the Beatles at their best was most likely his reaction to the hatred of the shaping and molding of his Beatles persona. The  Hamburg Beatles could do whatever they wanted, play what they wanted, wear, eat, drink and f*** anything they wanted. John was still essentially in charge and all these things catered to, and stroked, his ego and rebellious nature. Of course he'd look back at all this fondly. But it was happening DESPITE Pete Best. Pete was just ...there.

"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

stevejrogers

• A Beginning
« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2012, 02:36:18 AM »

*facepalm*
This is the thread that doesn't end...
yes it'll go on and on my friend...

;D

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2012, 03:25:31 AM »

*facepalm*

Curious, isn't it? Reminds me of television. Boring and banal, but we still switch it on. Can't take our eyes off, in fact. Or can we?

:D

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2012, 04:09:45 AM »

I think it would be a real TRAVESTY if Paul played a set with Pete because he hasn't played a set with Ringo since 1969. He has turned down every opportunity that has come up to play with Ringo. I'm not talking the few songs at Concert for George or Anthology or his recent birthday. Those don't count. An actual, sit down, hour long jam out/concert has not happened and we all know Ringo is chomping at the bit for it to go down, not to mention all us Beatles fans. Ringo has consistently invited him to his all-star jams and Paul declines. So he won't even do THAT.

They do get together and play on each others albums though, so that has to count for something. As for them getting together to jam or doing a concert, whats the point? John and George arent there so its kind of an empty deal if you know what I mean.

stevejrogers

• A Beginning
« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2012, 05:15:07 AM »

Curious, isn't it? Reminds me of television. Boring and banal, but we still switch it on. Can't take our eyes off, in fact. Or can we?

:D

Heh, it would be fine if people just STOPPED POSTING IN IT!

Oh wait... D'OH!

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »

*facepalm*

;D
let's get our boots on, people.
 ;yes
They do get together and play on each others albums though, so that has to count for something. As for them getting together to jam or doing a concert, whats the point? John and George arent there so its kind of an empty deal if you know what I mean.
how can you or anyone be so sure of that tkitna, like that would be my FIRST impression too.
day tripper yeah
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.772 seconds with 81 queries.