Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul & Nancy are engaged  (Read 2343 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Paul & Nancy are engaged
« on: May 06, 2011, 10:32:14 PM »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this

Paul McCartney announces engagement to girlfriend Nancy Shevell

Former Beatle, 68, to wed New Yorker Shevell, 51, but no details yet of when and how he proposed

His place in the rock'n'roll hall of fame is secure, as is Paul McCartney's only slightly dented fortune – and yet still it seems that all he needs is love.

Three years after his second marriage ended in an acrimonious divorce, the former Beatle is to take plunge again after announcing his engagement to his girlfriend, Nancy Shevell.

McCartney's spokesman, Stuart Bell, confirmed that recent media speculation about an impending engagement was true, but declined to give further details on when and how the musician proposed, saying only: "We're all thrilled for him."

The former Beatle, 68, is thought to have started seeing Shevell, a 51-year-old New Yorker, in late 2007, when they were first spotted on romantic outings in the Hamptons on Long Island.

McCartney's first wife, Linda Eastman, died of cancer in 1998. A photographer, she was credited with introducing her husband – whom she married in 1969 – to vegetarianism and animal rights activism, and was also in his band Wings.

McCartney divorced his second wife, Heather Mills, in 2008 after a separation period. After seeking £125m, she was awarded a £24.3m divorce payout, according to a court judgment.

Shevell is said to get on well with McCartney's five children, having appeared at Stella McCartney fashion shows, awards ceremonies and at Sir Paul's concerts.

Shevell is also already a fully paid-up member of the global rich. A wealthy individual in her own right, she sits on the board of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and is the vice president of a family-owned business conglomerate.

She was married for more than 20 years to lawyer Bruce Blakeman, a close friend of former New York governor George Pataki, who appointed her to the MTA board.

Although his second marriage ended in an courtroom battle with Mills, a former model, McCartney has appeared to remain optimistic about affairs of the heart, reportedly commenting on his romance with Shevell: "I just like being in love."

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Paul & Nancy are engaged
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 12:28:26 AM »

And here's what I found just a little while ago:

Meet Paul McCartney's Fiancée, Businesswoman Nancy Shevell
Posted Fri May 6, 2011 1:30pm PDT by Mike Krumboltz

He loves her, yeah, yeah yeah..

Paul McCartney is getting married. The Beatles legend recently announced his engagement to New York businesswoman Nancy Shevell. The news was first published in People magazine, which quoted an unidentified source. McCartney's publicist later confirmed the report. .

Almost immediately, online interest in McCartney's future bride zoomed up the charts. Unlike her soon-to-be hubby, there isn't much information about Shevell. According to the official website of her place of work, New England Motor Freight (NEWF), Shevell works as a vice president and is "responsible for accounts receivable, corporate communications, benefits administration, purchasing of all supplies and equipment -- with the exception of trucks -- and overall office management." In other words, she's not in show business. .

Again, according to NEWF, Shevell earned her Bachelor's Degree from Arizona State University, where she majored in transportation. She also serves as co-chairperson of the Arlene Walters Shevell Endowment Scholarship Fund, "a family foundation which provides self-help groups for parents of addicted children and financial support for individuals in accredited rehabilitation programs.".

The AP reports that Shevell was married for over 20 years to Bruce Blakeman, a lawyer. Blakeman is a "close friend of former New York Gov. George Pataki, who appointed her to the board of the Metropolitan Transportation Agency." New York Magazine writes that Shevell, a well known socialite, is cousin to Barbara Walters. .

McCartney and Shevell met in 2007 in the Hamptons and have been an item ever since. This will be McCartney's third marriage and Shevell's second. A source told People, "They have the right chemistry. They're both cool, chilled-out, and optimistic." .

Paul was married to Linda McCartney for 29 years until her death in 1998. He then married Heather Mills, which ended in a messy divorce in 2008. But we have reason to be optimistic about this union. According to the New York Post, Shevell is already quite popular with McCartney's five children. Always important to get the kids' blessing.

Congratulations to both!

I can stay till it's time to go

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 12:37:39 AM »

Her name was Shevell,
He fell under her spell,
But everyone knew her as Nancy...

(you all know the tune)  ;)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 12:55:15 AM »

^

;)

Ahh!  It was meant to be.

I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 02:33:07 AM »

Dang! Missed him again!

nimrod

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 03:25:10 AM »

pre-nup this time?

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 09:43:09 AM »

pre-nup this time?

Still think it´s unromantic, Paul?  ;D
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 09:50:57 AM »

i hope this time i can see more Wedding Pictures as 1 from the last disaster.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 09:59:33 AM by Badgirl66 »

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 10:48:29 AM »

i hope this time i can see more Wedding Pictures as 1 from the last disaster.

I didn't know Nancy had a small head ha2ha but yeah I think she be the perfect wife to him I like her

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »

No pre-nup, he's quite right, it's not romantic. Oh and she's loaded in her own right. I'm chuffed for them both, hope all goes well for them.
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »

I read that the only "pre-nup" is that she can not touch his kids trust fund.

Paul is a trusting sort. Shows that his intention is to stay married, unlike many in show business.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 09:22:07 AM »

A Mafia Wedding wow

Page created in 0.452 seconds with 66 queries.