Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rubber Soul - Mixes Problems  (Read 1733 times)

danielcelano

• A Beginning
Rubber Soul - Mixes Problems
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:37:30 AM »

How come the first mono mix of Michelle called RM1 wasn't used on the Rubber Soul Mono LP since it was made on November 9, 1965? And another thing, how come the first stereo mix of The Word called RS1 wasn't used on the Rubber Soul Stereo LP since it was made on November 11, 1965?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Rubber Soul - Mixes Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:25:56 AM »

As I mentioned in the other thread, I like Michelle RM1.  I think it sounds better than the mix which appeared on the mono Rubber Soul LP.  Perhaps in the analog days, the released mix sounded better and was chosen for the LP.

The Beatles - Michelle (Take 2, Rm1)

I can't comment on The Word RS1 as I haven't heard it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:59:58 AM by Hello Goodbye »
I can stay till it's time to go

peterbell1

• Getting Better
Re: Rubber Soul - Mixes Problems
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »

How come the first mono mix of Michelle called RM1 wasn't used on the Rubber Soul Mono LP since it was made on November 9, 1965? And another thing, how come the first stereo mix of The Word called RS1 wasn't used on the Rubber Soul Stereo LP since it was made on November 11, 1965?

There will have been something in the original mixes that the Beatles weren't happy with so they will have been re-done.
It might only be something really small, but they have noticed it and decided to fix it with a new mix. Happens all the time.

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 43 queries.