Beatles forums > Albums

Beatles For Sale

<< < (2/6) > >>

Yarvelling:
Ahhh...'No Reply'; what a way to start an album!  One of my favourites!  One of my favourite albums too; a real changing point in sound, for me-really opens the door for the more 'mature' sounding Help!, and especially Rubber Soul. I'm not too bothered by the covers either, they're more in keeping with the overall sound of where Lennon & McCartney were going-to me!
But oh! 'No Reply'.......what a song! One of those I can just listen to over and over!
Cheers,
Steve.

tkitna:
'No Reply' is kind of a neutral song for me. It annoys me if i hear it to often, but its decent every now and then.

Normandie:

I've always had a soft spot for Beatles for Sale, so I was happy to come across this article today: https://americansongwriter.com/making-the-case-for-the-beatles-unheralded-1964-album-beatles-for-sale/

--- Quote from: Yarvelling on November 05, 2009, 08:48:52 PM ---Ahhh...'No Reply'; what a way to start an album! 

--- End quote ---

Totally agree!

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Normandie on March 03, 2024, 10:13:38 PM ---I've always had a soft spot for Beatles for Sale...

--- End quote ---

Me too.  As i mentioned all those years ago, in many ways Beatles For Sale heralded Rubber Soul.....

Rubber Soul has always been my favorite Beatles album.

Moogmodule:
I think the originals on Beatles for Sale are great. No Reply is a terrific opener straight off the bat. And yes some of them could fit on Rubber Soul comfortably.

The covers are beginning to sound a bit like a throwback to their earlier years but they’re mostly still a good listen. 

So I’m more than happy to throw BfS on the turntable (or streaming device)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version