Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: A Day In The Life - The Truth At Last!  (Read 79431 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: A Day In The Life - The Truth At Last!
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2005, 01:38:35 AM »

I think this whole topic is one of the best we've had on this forum for ages! :)

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2005, 01:41:10 AM »

Quote from: The_End
This is so weird - I absolutely hear Paul 100% without a question of doubt. Obviously, that is what I[/b] hear though!

I thought these clips would dispel any doubts... wrong! LOL ;D

Perhaps this wiill help convince you...

1. On an earlier take Paul runs through his "woke up..." sequence (the take which ends with Paul flubbing his line and laughing before he says "sh*t") his vocal is drenched in tape delay (echo) ala Lennon. So it wasn't just a John thing to record in this style.

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2005, 01:41:12 AM »

Im lsitening to A Day In life on my Ipod on repeat! I love this song even more!

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2005, 01:41:41 AM »

Now I'm gonna have to go listen to Lucy and Rita and come back to the isolated Ahhhs!!

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2005, 01:42:26 AM »

Never Goose me Any Other Way (ba lum ba dza)

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2005, 01:42:33 AM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle
LOL.....Will do Al....This is a goody...What came first? The chicken or the egg? lol

I bet Macca started and John finished just to really wind us all up!

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2005, 01:43:29 AM »

3. Listen to the first bit of the "aaahs" (the descending scale) - it is so distinctly Paul. Admittedly, the 2nd bit (the ascending scale) is more nasaly and Lennon-esque but if you listen closely you can hear it's Paul. I swear! ;D

Take another listen - I hope the debate continues.

Hi. The ascending 'aaahs' was always the gauntlet dropping for me. No matter how well Paul might have been able to mimic John, there's no way that's Paul. Of course, I wasn't there, it is an opinion, I wasn't in the studio, I don't have Chuck's book, etc.

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2005, 01:44:38 AM »

Quote from: Harrison
I think it's Paul, regardless of Mr. Charlie's evidence.

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2005, 01:46:28 AM »

Quote from: TurnMeOnDeadman
I swear to my life its Paul!! i wish they talked about it in the anthology!! that would be proof, I cant belive people still think its John, The second"aahh" sounds exactly like Paul

sigh

What can you do?

I guess since it is not as clear as *I* think it is one can only add this brick to the controversy.  I don't see any way a reasonable person could hear John, and I don't count Maria as reasonable, hence the backlash.  But others hear John, and I admit it is a very very close resemblance, so whaddaya gonna do?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2005, 01:47:40 AM »

At first I heard John coming in at the end, but now I'm hearing Paul all the way through. He goes up a little at the end and it's strong and clean like Paul. Not so nasal as I originaly thought. I'm probably trying to hear John as I thought it was him for like 20 years!! It wasn't until a few months ago when I listened on headphones that I thought it could be Paul!! The discussion then wasn't nearly as exciting then as it is now though!

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2005, 01:49:52 AM »

Yep, that's what I hear too. :)

There is a lot of history between Ydoll and Charlie, and a lot of arguments spill over from other threads. I've found it's best not to get involved in the banter. It's just two people exchanging views instead of punches! ;D

(flower)

Not much history between me and Ydoll.  Plenty between me (and everyone else) and Maria.  And some between everyone else and Rotwang.

Fact is they're all the same troll, NOT here to share enlightenment or joy in music but to belittle and ensnare and play baby troll games.  Whatever.  I enjoy slapping a**holes upside the head because of what they do and who they are.  But not to the total detriment of the board.  SO I'll chill FOR NOW.  Until the Mouth makes it plain it is in need of another severe disciplining.

SO run, kiddies, frolic, no one is going to hurt you, least of all me. :)

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2005, 01:51:15 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
it's strong and clean like Paul.

Yeah, he's a clean ole man isn't he!! LOL! ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2005, 01:52:07 AM »

Any reasonable person could most definitely hear John! It's who most of us thought it was for years and years so obviously there's a damn good resemblence. As for listening to the isolated tracks, it does take a few listens to release yourself from all those years of hearing it one way and now trying to except another. Your ears play tricks on you. But I wouldn't bet my life on the fact that it's solely Paul. Even though I may think so now. Maybe John could have been edited in there somewhere. I don't know. They did like to experiment.

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2005, 01:52:14 AM »

LOL!!! Now that would really be messing with our heads!!!

The more I listen, the right rear one sounds more like Paul starting as well. But I still think John's following him up. Just because it gets more nasal and high pitched. But again, Paul's voice was pretty versitile. Like the Lovely Rita thing someone mentioned. Similiar. Anyway, dontcha just LOVE this song?? It should be given some kinda special award for greatest song of all time or something. Cuz it is.

Absolutely!  When I was editing it over and over it just sounded sooo good!  My son, who is only a Beatle acknowledger by force (he was around it all his life) thought the edits sounded so good he wanted to hear it.  Immediately.  SO we did. :D

I edited the segmenet out of a longer track where John's lead voice was isolated as well.  Talk about ache.  The single best voice in rock, bar none.  From Twist & Shout to this.  Sublime.

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2005, 01:53:40 AM »

Now I'm gonna have to go listen to Lucy and Rita and come back to the isolated Ahhhs!!

I dunno, that might confuse you more. :)  

Just enjoy them all, that's all they wanted us to do.  They didn't count on a few anal souls like me to dissect everything.

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2005, 01:56:28 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm

3. Listen to the first bit of the "aaahs" (the descending scale) - it is so distinctly Paul. Admittedly, the 2nd bit (the ascending scale) is more nasaly and Lennon-esque but if you listen closely you can hear it's Paul. I swear! ;D

Take another listen - I hope the debate continues.

Hi. The ascending 'aaahs' was always the gauntlet dropping for me. No matter how well Paul might have been able to mimic John, there's no way that's Paul. Of course, I wasn't there, it is an opinion, I wasn't in the studio, I don't have Chuck's book, etc.

Hell, *I* don't have "my" book!  :D  If I did I'd quote it and be done with it.

No, this was the proof I'd forgotten convinced me.  The books are very quiet about this subject.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2005, 01:57:09 AM »

There's definitely other vocals going on in the mix too - particularly where "Paul" seems to go off key at the very end.

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2005, 01:57:48 AM »

At first I heard John coming in at the end, but now I'm hearing Paul all the way through. He goes up a little at the end and it's strong and clean like Paul. Not so nasal as I originaly thought. I'm probably trying to hear John as I thought it was him for like 20 years!! It wasn't until a few months ago when I listened on headphones that I thought it could be Paul!! The discussion then wasn't nearly as exciting then as it is now though!

I fear that we may all have a tendency to hear what we 'think' or want it to be.  But enough people, myself included, have heard this and been gobsmacked realizing it WAS Paul, that that is the bigger proof to me than almost anything shy of hearing it myself.

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2005, 02:00:43 AM »

Any reasonable person could most definitely hear John! It's who most of us thought it was for years and years so obviously there's a damn good resemblence. As for listening to the isolated tracks, it does take a few listens to release yourself from all those years of hearing it one way and now trying to except another. Your ears play tricks on you. But I wouldn't bet my life on the fact that it's solely Paul. Even though I may think so now. Maybe John could have been edited in there somewhere. I don't know. They did like to experiment.
I don't think so because of the track situation.  They just didn't have that luxury.

But yes, of course a reasonable person could hear John.  Yes, we too did think it was him all these years, but only by hearing a vinyl/CD copy.  This was lifted from the master tapes.  And it is shorn of most of the orchestra.

Still...who knows?  They made "number nine' sound like 'turn me on dead man' backwards, so maybe there was some purposeful wizardry there.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2005, 02:01:06 AM »

Quote from: TurnMeOnDeadman
I would fall out of my chair if it was Ringo!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Page created in 0.387 seconds with 74 queries.