Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Xm Radio Series Beatles A to Zed  (Read 3606 times)

Xm Radio Series Beatles A to Zed
« on: January 04, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »

In 2004 XM radio did a 26hr series called Beatles A to Zed. Does anyone know if it can be purchased. I must have it.

BlueMeanie

Re: Xm Radio Series Beatles A to Zed
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 05:55:42 PM »

Quote from: 536
In 2004 XM radio did a 26hr series called Beatles A to Zed. Does anyone know if it can be purchased. I must have it.

I think that was made by the BBC. Try their site. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/

Oh, and if you find it, let us all know would you. I wouldn't mind it myself!

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 07:28:04 PM »

I appreciate that but I went there 1st. Let me know if you kick something up. I have alot of people looking now. It aired here in the US in the summer of 05 on XM radio. I thought for sure I could buy it from XM but found nothing there either. Thanks again for your  help.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 07:40:54 PM »

I appreciate that but I went there 1st. Let me know if you kick something up. I have alot of people looking now. It aired here in the US in the summer of 05 on XM radio. I thought for sure I could buy it from XM but found nothing there either. Thanks again for your  help.

I may go on a mission!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 08:44:28 PM »

Mission...good. This all came from my brother who "invested" in the XM system when I would not. He would come to my house and say your the Beatles nut...you would die for the content. I begged him to find a way to record it...not techie enough. Anyway. I found a link using google. The host was Brian Matthews with additional comentary by Martin Goldsmith. Thanks again.  I will own it.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:51:02 PM »

Mission...good. This all came from my brother who "invested" in the XM system when I would not. He would come to my house and say your the Beatles nut...you would die for the content. I begged him to find a way to record it...not techie enough. Anyway. I found a link using google. The host was Brian Matthews with additional comentary by Martin Goldsmith. Thanks again.  I will own it.

Sounds like very old stuff if the host was Brian Mathew.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 09:19:43 PM »

Additional info the "XM Forum" site refers to "A Day in The Life: 26Hrs of the Beatles" then goes on to call the XM radio series "The BBC Special- Beatles A to Zed" 2 years in the making. So we must have Martin Goldsmith as the main commentator. Any closer.

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 06:13:59 PM »

I sent an email to BBC America Shop last week. They got back with me and said it is currently not scheduled for release in the US or Canada. Does this mean it is available in the UK? I was thinking bootleg. 26hrs is alot of content!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 10:55:31 AM »

I sent an email to BBC America Shop last week. They got back with me and said it is currently not scheduled for release in the US or Canada. Does this mean it is available in the UK? I was thinking bootleg. 26hrs is alot of content!

No idea. But you'd be better off contacting the BBC in London, as the originators.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 08:03:55 AM »

I can't believe how little info is offered on this incredible special.  Back in Feb of 2003 I was fortunate to digitally record the broadcast directly from my XM receiver into Pro Tools, then burned to discs.  Unfortunately, due to some technical difficulties I am missing a few pieces.  Basically, I have everything accept for the songs played between "Eight Days A Week" and "I Want You (She's So Heavy)".  Once I fill in the gaps I would be more than willing to upload and share it.  If for some reason anyone can help me fill the gaps please contact me.  

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 06:21:44 PM »

Wow, that is good news. I would like to have it now gaps and all.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 02:34:43 PM »

Yes please!!

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 54 queries.