Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Just Silly!  (Read 91435 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Just Silly!
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »

;D
^^^
Enough indeed!

;D I used to read Horton to my kids!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2013, 06:34:34 AM »

;D I used to read Horton to my kids!

Reading Dr. Seuss books to my kids was one of the best parts of their childhood for me! He was a brilliant man and knew how to put messages for the grown-ups among the silly words and funny pictures. He actually worked in advertising, as an illustrator for the government and did political cartoons before he wrote children's books. I have a government issued postcard in my collection from WWI that he did. A soldier sent it to someone. Here's a 1933 ad I found in a New Yorker magazine:

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #362 on: August 28, 2013, 11:55:01 AM »

Reading Dr. Seuss books to my kids was one of the best parts of their childhood for me! He was a brilliant man and knew how to put messages for the grown-ups among the silly words and funny pictures. He actually worked in advertising, as an illustrator for the government and did political cartoons before he wrote children's books. I have a government issued postcard in my collection from WWI that he did. A soldier sent it to someone. Here's a 1933 ad I found in a New Yorker magazine:

That's great! I learned something! It looks like everyone's amazed but the mom, kid and mosquito!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #363 on: September 04, 2013, 07:11:06 AM »

A task for those who study Russian.
Translate:
"Когда я разводился с женой - разводили мосты, а когда я разводил кроликов - развели меня".
 ha2ha

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #364 on: September 05, 2013, 06:57:09 AM »

roll:)

KelMar

« Reply #365 on: September 13, 2013, 04:47:16 AM »

^^^

I feel just like I did when I was a little kid and a grown-up would tell a joke that I didn't get!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #366 on: October 11, 2013, 01:06:05 AM »

Just saw this in a comments section of a news article, and it made me laugh:

Five surgeons from big cities are discussing who makes the best patients to operate on.

The first surgeon, from New York, says, "I like to see accountants on my operating table because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered."

The second, from Chicago, responds, "Yeah, but you should try electricians! Everything inside them is color coded."

The third surgeon, from Los Angeles, says, "No, I really think librarians are the best, everything inside them is in alphabetical order."

The fourth surgeon, from Dallas, chimes in: "You know, I like construction workers...Those guys always understand when you have a few parts left over."

But the fifth surgeon, from Washington, DC, shut them all up when he observed: "You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart,
     no balls, no brains, and no spine. Plus, the head and the **** are interchangeable." 

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #367 on: October 11, 2013, 02:34:24 AM »

;D
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #368 on: October 11, 2013, 03:15:19 AM »

The third surgeon, from Los Angeles, says, "No, I really think librarians are the best, everything inside them is in alphabetical order."

No wonder I can't seem to function properly; my ass is where my brain should be!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #369 on: October 11, 2013, 01:32:29 PM »

I'm not going to touch that one!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #370 on: November 11, 2013, 08:09:43 AM »

KelMar

« Reply #371 on: November 18, 2013, 11:22:06 PM »

Just think...it's all over for a whole week!

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #372 on: November 27, 2013, 05:21:15 AM »

I wonder what the hell is going on in Sweden...
Детская телепередача Biss & Kajs

Awful!  :-\ What do you think?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #373 on: November 27, 2013, 06:52:27 AM »

What do you think?

I wish I understood Swedish.
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

« Reply #374 on: November 27, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »

KelMar

« Reply #375 on: November 27, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »

I wonder what the hell is going on in Sweden...

Awful!  :-\ What do you think?

Apparently it's a children's television show. This is a translation from the website for the network they are on:
Biss and Kajas doing a television show that is about what you can do with your body. Along with Rumporkestern (the house band) they to try to get answers to questions like: Can you dance with your nose? Who is the best football player? And what can you really do with your back?"

I have no idea what question they were trying to answer in that clip you found! And I thought Teletubbies were weird!

http://youtu.be/3ichQOqbewA

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #376 on: November 28, 2013, 02:01:25 AM »

That is a very bizarre clip, Dmitry!

Omigosh, I loathed Teletubbies. Both my daughters adored them. I found the show not only annoying but also kind of creepy.

I preferred Noddy:

Noddy Meets Some Silly Hens - Series 2 Episode 7

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #377 on: November 28, 2013, 03:27:47 AM »

I have no idea what question they were trying to answer in that clip you found!

Maybe something about jet propulsion in humans.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #378 on: November 28, 2013, 01:03:49 PM »

Apparently it's a children's television show. This is a translation from the website for the network they are on:
Biss and Kajas doing a television show that is about what you can do with your body. Along with Rumporkestern (the house band) they to try to get answers to questions like: Can you dance with your nose? Who is the best football player? And what can you really do with your back?"

I have no idea what question they were trying to answer in that clip you found! And I thought Teletubbies were weird!

http://youtu.be/3ichQOqbewA
I found them surprisingly interesting! The voice overs must have been done after a party. How did they keep a straight face? What a job! Kids did love them for sure! I still do the Oh-Oh to my dog when she gets into mischief!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #379 on: November 29, 2013, 04:07:36 AM »

I still do the Oh-Oh to my dog when she gets into mischief!

Does she give you a head tilt for that? I find it hard to believe that a sweet-looking little girl like her ever gets into mischief!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Page created in 0.787 seconds with 79 queries.