Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Bob Dylan!

<< < (85/131) > >>

Ovi:
Interesting choices you got there, oldbrownshoe. I think many people would probably reach for Highway 61, Blonde on Blonde, Freewheelin' and Blood on the Tracks before any of those 3 albums, but I'm a big fan of them as well.

I don't think I could humanly limit myself to only listen to 3 Dylan records for the rest of my life, but if I was FORCED to, I think I'd pick Blonde on Blonde, John Wesley Harding and Bootleg Series 4: Live '66 at "Royal Albert Hall'.

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Ovi on December 08, 2013, 08:35:23 PM ---I don't think I could humanly limit myself to only listen to 3 Dylan records for the rest of my life, but if I was FORCED to, I think I'd pick Blonde on Blonde, John Wesley Harding and Bootleg Series 4: Live '66 at "Royal Albert Hall'.

--- End quote ---

Right.  And if I were allowed only one, it would be Blonde On Blonde.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
In my case, I need the 9 albums I mentioned before; but this would be my ranking, more or less:

1. The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
2. Bringing It All Back Home
3. Highway 61 Revisited
4. Blonde On Blonde
5. John Wesley Harding
6. Another Side Of Bob Dylan
7. Nashville Skyline
8. New Morning
9. The Times They Are A-Changin'

Ovi:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on December 09, 2013, 02:46:52 AM ---Right.  And if I were allowed only one, it would be Blonde On Blonde.

--- End quote ---

Same here. One of the greatest albums ever recorded; the Dylan encyclopedia in all its might.

Ovi:
I love listening to John Wesley Harding right after Blonde on Blonde, the effect is staggering. By Dylan standards, they're opposite in almost every possible way - long vs short, warm vs cold, instrumental variation vs instrumental conservatism, otherworldly lyrics vs down-to-earth lyrics etc., yet they're equally emotional and powerful (but again, in different ways). A similar effect is The Who's Quadrophenia followed by Who By Numbers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version