Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Microscope: Band On The Run  (Read 42968 times)

Ollier

• A Beginning
Re: Microscope: Band On The Run
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 01:05:47 AM »

I like 'Press To Play' too.  ha2ha

Well there may be something we agree on...

Back To The Egg on the other hand...

;D

Helen Wheels I like the drums on here, not so fond of the muddy sound nor the voices. I do like that it's about a van and touring in it. Fit's the 'Band On The Run' bit rather well... Sailor Sam and the way she feels...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:18:18 AM by Ollier »
Keeping you on your toes...

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 01:50:09 AM »

Helen Wheels I like the drums on here, not so fond of the muddy sound nor the voices. I do like that it's about a van and touring in it. Fit's the 'Band On The Run' bit rather well... Sailor Sam and the way she feels...

Its actually about his and Lindas Land Rover that they used to drive around the countryside in. Sorry, just saying.

Ollier

• A Beginning
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 01:42:57 AM »

Ah well I'm glad it ent on the real version...

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 07:48:37 PM »

I like 'Band On The Run'. I think it is a very good Paul album. One of his best? That I doubt. I think 'Ram' is better. Then again, I like it all. So I may not be able to offer a objective opinion.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 10:01:54 PM »

I like 'Band On The Run'. I think it is a very good Paul album. One of his best? That I doubt.

Oh, I think its definately one of his best. Its pretty strong.

I think 'Ram' is better.

As do I.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 03:26:29 AM »

Here's one of my MANY favorite Paul songs, enjoy!

Paul McCartney & Wings - Let Me Roll It (2010 Remaster) + Lyrics

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 10:53:38 AM »

Its actually about his and Lindas Land Rover that they used to drive around the countryside in. Sorry, just saying.
paul still has that land rover to this day.he is interviewed whilst driving it in the wingspan documentary.that thing would've been a piece of sh*t even then in the early 70's,god knows what it drives like now!!like bloody tanks,them things.awful.
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

Ollier

• A Beginning
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 11:42:20 PM »

Probably drives like hell on wheels.

New microscope please...

Bobber

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 10:38:57 PM »

New microscope please...

...is coming up. I was a little surprised by Venus And Mars to be honest.

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 09:34:33 AM »

i like venus and mars.i think it's a good little mixture of songs and styles.looking forward to reading some other thoughts on it!! ;D

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 12:48:17 AM »

...is coming up. I was a little surprised by Venus And Mars to be honest.

That was never a favorite of mine, but I havent listened to it for awhile. Maybe i'm missing something. Cant wait for the review.

Ollier

• A Beginning
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 03:10:56 AM »

It's not all that if I recall I mean theres some good things on it but theres also some pretty dross.

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 09:43:50 AM »

It's not all that if I recall I mean theres some good things on it but theres also some pretty dross.
it's a wings album then,isn't it?by the way,going back to band on the run,todd may be able to help me here.does paul play ALL drums on the album or was there a session guy involved,too?i never read anywhere that it was anybody else but macca that drums on the record,but never been too sure.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 03:07:05 PM »

it's a wings album then,isn't it?by the way,going back to band on the run,todd may be able to help me here.does paul play ALL drums on the album or was there a session guy involved,too?i never read anywhere that it was anybody else but macca that drums on the record,but never been too sure.

This is a good question that I would have to do some homework for. Off the top of my head, I believe Denny played on 'Jet' and that might be it. I think 'Jet' was cut earlier before the trip to Lagos and before Denny bailed on the band. Again, I might be wrong and I would have to look it up. I bet Bobber knows this. If Cor doesnt respond before I head to work tonight, i'll find out when I get there.

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »

Picasso's Last Words (Drink To Me)
Many people think this is the masterpiece of the album (so I've learned in the past few weeks), but I don't really agree.

Is that really true? Wow, I've always considered the song to be the weakest one here.

Regarding the album, it's very good and I really can't find any bad things about it, but for some reason I've always considered "Venus and Mars" to be superior to it. Maybe it's the fact that it impressed me more on the very first listen.

Edit : I also forgot to mention the fact that the "Band On The Run" reprise coming at the end of "Nineteen Hundread and Eighty Five" after that noisy orchestral ending is probably my favourite bit of the whole album. I like it this way, with no other bonus tracks added.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:51:18 AM by The 5th Beatle »
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Bobber

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 09:41:28 AM »

Somehow I find it unbelievable that on a Beatles forum, an album by The Byrds is discussed more than Paul McCartney's finest album.

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »

Somehow I find it unbelievable that on a Beatles forum, an album by The Byrds is discussed more than Paul McCartney's finest album.

Actually, twice more people replied to this thread than to the Byrds microscope. That's gotta count for something. By the way, did you switched to John or are you doing the microscopes simultaneously for each solo beatle?
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »

I don't find that so unbelievable because many people in this forum have a wide taste of music and don't stick just to the Beatles and the solo careers of ex-members. Several Byrds' albums are historically much more important than anything Paul did after the Beatles, opening the door for new genres. Actually from a Beatles fan perspective, I think it's richer the discussion that can be done about bands that were contemporaneous to the Fab Four than about the solo careers that hardly broke any new ground. Anyway, I don't mean to put these Microscopes down at all, I think they're very interesting, and I'm having participation on them as well.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

nimrod

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 11:56:43 PM »

personally I agree with Hombre on this, Ive said before Im not a fan of solo Beatles stuff, just the Beatles.

For me John needed Paul, and Paul needed John
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:58:52 PM by nimrod »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »

I've been saying this since the beginning. There's about 10 to 20 posters that get involved in the solo microscope threads (i'm being generous) and then the rest have just seemed to foregone their solo stuff. Its more weird to me then unbelievable. Maybe its an age thing. Who knows.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.786 seconds with 82 queries.