Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What if the Beatles let Paul take over the band?  (Read 2125 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
What if the Beatles let Paul take over the band?
« on: February 17, 2016, 12:22:22 AM »

Would he still have created Wings?  I mean if the Beatles stayed together and didn't mind Paul's dominance since Sgt Pepper on, wouldn't he just have dictated to them what he wanted and there would have been no need for Wings? 
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: What if the Beatles let Paul take over the band?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 09:06:31 PM »

John, George, and Ringo being submissive enough to let Paul take over the band.  Yeah, that would definitely be a bizarro world.  If so though, why would he create another band if he already had one?  Maybe i'm not understanding the question.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 10:18:17 PM »

Paul was really only able to control the band when John was too apathetic to care and George had also lost interest. When John reenergised and George developed he'd have needed to keep them drugged or something to run the band. The whole Beatle creative dynamic really depended on John and Paul vyeing for top dog.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 11:13:26 PM »

tkitna:  You did understand my question.  Paul wouldn't have needed another band if the Beatles did whatever he said.

I wonder if the Beatles had stayed together the way the Rolling Stones did if Paul would still have had the urge to have his own band, independent of the Beatles.

Moogmodule:  you're right.  The Beatles would really have too have been too drugged to care for this to happen.  I was only speculating if Paul would have been content with them subservient to him without having to create a separate band of his own.

I have this feeling that Paul would still have created Wings no matter what.  I think he wanted something that was his exclusive creation and that he could take all the credit for.  No more of that Lennon-McCartney songwriting credits, etc.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:17:47 PM by Loco Mo »
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 44 queries.