Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: SIGN UPS FOR SECRET SANTA CD"S HERE  (Read 11375 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: SIGN UPS FOR SECRET SANTA CD"S HERE
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2015, 04:55:16 PM »

Pretty busy listening to all the stuff! Very very nice. I have ordered the cd by The Temples, for I loved the songs George put on his cd. Overall, very diverse and very enjoyable!

I got that CD two weeks ago. I love it! It has a very authentic 1967 sound, but with all the benefits of modern recording studios, plus these guys really know how to write a good song.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 04:57:12 PM by Joost »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2015, 03:40:58 AM »

Klang, did you get my CD's yet?  If not, I might need to send them again.  Hard to tell what happened.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2015, 10:57:09 AM »

I have not gotten them yet. Very disturbing.

I'd hate to put you through that trouble and expense again.

Let's wait until the end of the week and see. I'll PM the address again to make sure it's right.

Thanks.

???
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »

I listened to "Bobber's Downloads" and enjoyed it very much.  In fact, about 30 seconds into the Comment Linnets song, I ordered the CD.  Thanks, Cor!

I'm listening to "A Klangy Kristmas" right now and it is a fun romp to be sure.  Great job Jim!

I still have Joost's and Barry's discs to listen to.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2015, 08:26:25 PM »

In fact, about 30 seconds into the Comment Linnets song, I ordered the CD.  Thanks, Cor!

If you like to find out about the stories behind your favorite songs, you're in for quite a soap opera here!

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2015, 07:06:51 PM »

I'm listening to "A Klangy Kristmas" right now and it is a fun romp to be sure.  Great job Jim!

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Bobber

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2015, 07:26:04 PM »

If you like to find out about the stories behind your favorite songs, you're in for quite a soap opera here!

Absolutely. The Common Linnets was the Dutch contender on the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 and consisted mainly of Ilse DeLange and Waylon, both great singers in their own respect. They ended up runner up in the contest, but pretty soon their co-operation proved to be pretty, erm, complex. Still, an album was recorded and I think it's pretty good actually.

This is Still Loving After You. Not the song from the ESC, which was Calm After The Storm.

Common Linnets Still loving after you

Bobber

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2015, 07:26:36 PM »

I think I'm busy listening to all the cd's till Easter!  ;D

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2015, 12:44:15 AM »

I started ripping them to copy on other CD's today.  I like to have copies in my truck.  I didn't get it done though.  Of course.

Bobber

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2015, 08:24:23 AM »

I started ripping them to copy on other CD's today.  I like to have copies in my truck.  I didn't get it done though.  Of course.

Sell the truck.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2015, 12:57:57 AM »

I ripped and burned a copy of Georges CD and went to burn Cor's only to have Windows media shutdown everytime.  I found that I had the Rip on automatic and that seemed to be causing it.  Now it wont play Cor's or Zoosts CD's for some reason.  I get errors when I try to play them.  I have t be the worlds dumbest person.  The adventure continues.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2015, 02:48:38 AM »

I ripped and burned a copy of Georges CD and went to burn Cor's only to have Windows media shutdown everytime.  I found that I had the Rip on automatic and that seemed to be causing it.  Now it wont play Cor's or Zoosts CD's for some reason.  I get errors when I try to play them.  I have t be the worlds dumbest person.  The adventure continues.

Todd, have you tried iTunes?  You might get better results.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2015, 03:46:02 PM »

Todd, have you tried iTunes?  You might get better results.

George, your a genius.  CD's burnt and thrown into the truck for many hours of listening enjoyment.  Some input to come shortly.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2015, 12:59:57 AM »

Was listening to Cors CD tonight on the way to work and I love it.  A batch of different styles for sure.  I didn't have the track list with me, but I really liked the 10 minute classical song.  Gorgeous.  I liked the Royals song a lot too.  Of course the Babys are a favorite of mine (still think there version of 'Money' is the best).  Great stuff.  Will listen to this one often.

Joost, thanks for the Christmas card.  Really dug it.

Bobber

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2015, 11:29:28 AM »

Was listening to Cors CD tonight on the way to work and I love it.  A batch of different styles for sure.  I didn't have the track list with me, but I really liked the 10 minute classical song.  Gorgeous.  I liked the Royals song a lot too.  Of course the Babys are a favorite of mine (still think there version of 'Money' is the best).  Great stuff.  Will listen to this one often.

Joost, thanks for the Christmas card.  Really dug it.

The classical piece is from Debussy. My late grandfather had an album with this piece on it and it came to me after he died. I managed to find a download with Debussy's complete works and this is one piece that has of course a special meaning to me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3UGewCinYw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3UGewCinYw</a>
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:37:59 AM by Bobber »

Bobber

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2015, 11:34:17 AM »

I had to drive to Amsterdam to and fro yesterday. It gave me the chance to listen to Todd's cd's. Very sixties sound overall! Great tunes. Nice to find Jellyfish between them. I always get back to That Is Why as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTj_2mMfSA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTj_2mMfSA</a>

Still some cd's to go!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:38:23 AM by Bobber »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2015, 02:46:05 AM »

Listened to George's CD on the way to work tonight.  Love it.  There's a couple of songs on the CD that are just plain badass and will quickly become favorites of mine.  Of course I didn't have the tracklist, but I believe it was song 7 and 11.  Song 7 reminds me of a Pretty Things song with the distorted guitar playing behind the singing.  Singer has a great voice too.  Very McCartney like.  I absolutely, absolutely love that song.  Number 11 has some cool drums that remind me of 'Tomorrow Never Knows' without the toms.  Great guitar also.  'Rose Tattoo' (I think) sounds like a blast of a song when your p*ss drunk.  I dig it.  The first tune is awesome also.  'Mesmorize' I believe?  Anyways, the CD in whole would be categorized as a roadtrip collection to me.  Very pleasing while taking a trip.  I'll use it as such on my motorcycle for sure this summer.  Great stuff.  Thanks George.

Joosts CD will be getting the next run through.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2015, 12:29:23 AM »

Was listening to Joosts CD on the way in tonight.  I need to look up the name to a couple of songs when I get home since I don't have the track list with me, but they are simply fantastic.  I had to repeat them once.  Another very diverse, refreshing CD.  I usually put away all the secret santa cd's and kind of forget about them, but this time, they went to iTunes so they will be getting repeated listens to the songs I really like.  Thanks Joost.

Now to just get Klangs his CD's.  I hate when something like this is created and the postal service screws it up.  It wont be tolerated.  We will try until it gets done.   ha2ha

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2015, 03:16:18 AM »

Listened to George's CD on the way to work tonight.  Love it.  There's a couple of songs on the CD that are just plain badass and will quickly become favorites of mine.  Of course I didn't have the tracklist, but I believe it was song 7 and 11.  Song 7 reminds me of a Pretty Things song with the distorted guitar playing behind the singing.  Singer has a great voice too.  Very McCartney like.  I absolutely, absolutely love that song.  Number 11 has some cool drums that remind me of 'Tomorrow Never Knows' without the toms.  Great guitar also.  'Rose Tattoo' (I think) sounds like a blast of a song when your p*ss drunk.  I dig it.  The first tune is awesome also.  'Mesmorize' I believe?  Anyways, the CD in whole would be categorized as a roadtrip collection to me.  Very pleasing while taking a trip.  I'll use it as such on my motorcycle for sure this summer.  Great stuff.  Thanks George.

Joosts CD will be getting the next run through.

I'm glad you like it Todd.  Track 7 is Desire Be Desire Go by Tame Impala.  You might want to check out both their albums as they have a nice pysch vibe.  Tracks 1 and 11 are from Temples great debut album Sun Structures.

Dropkick Murphys are known in every hockey barn in North America. 

http://youtu.be/Rq_Xc3dHh-Y

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2015, 03:20:19 AM »

I still haven't listened to Joost's and Barry's discs yet.  It's your fault Cor.   ;D  I fell in love with The Common Linnets, got their CD and have been listening to it a lot!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.563 seconds with 82 queries.