Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I HAVE POWER AGAIN!  (Read 1102 times)

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
I HAVE POWER AGAIN!
« on: September 07, 2004, 06:58:11 PM »

My voice went to a high-pitched SQUEAL when the oven went "BEEP!" Before I tell my story, lemme tell you all something: There is NOTHING fun that's NOT electric! We've been spoiled!  :P

Well, lemme tell you how these past few days went, folks.  We lost power Saturday Morning.  We luckily had breakfast ready by then, so we ate very well.  My mom, dad, brother, and his girlfriend were all with us.

The winds were really picking up and the rain was there, but our area didn't get flooded. 

Saturday night was SCARY tho.  The eye wall passed us, and my mom and I heard sounds that we've NEVER HEARD BEFORE.  Trust me guys: the eye well is SCARY, and that was just a category 2!

Our pool deck screening was 40% destroyed, and a few polls holding them together taken down.  Two of our trees were bent, but we put them back together.  The top of our iguana cage was ripped off, and our iguana escaped twice, and one time got in the pool and was swimming around.  However, he couldn't get out, but we DID manage to capture him and save him before he just died due to lack of energy.

Some of the shutters from a house across the street were TORN OFF.  Tops of trees bent in two.  Houses de-tiled.  But mostly there was just some really bad landscaping.  My house, with the exception of the pool deck, is intact, and no one was hurt.  We just got power back, and our neighborhood was one of the LAST to get power back.  BUT WHO CARES? POWER! I LOVE ELECTRICITY!!!!!

Anyway, here's two HUMOROUS accounts that happened:

Several radio stations were simul-casting and answering questions regarding Frances.  Here's two calls:

D.J. 1: "Hello, Infinity Radio! You're on the air."

Caller: "Hey, do you guys want to know what frustration with power is?"

D.J. 2: "What is frustration without power?"

Caller: "I live in a condeminium (sp.?), and I don't have power.  However, the building 15ft away from me has power."

*Although that sucks, I got a bit of a chuckle out of it.  I knew how he felt to have many people with power except for you, but that just took the cake.*

Second instance:

D.J. 1: "Hello, Infinity Radio, you're on the air!"

Caller: "Hi, when is Hurricane Frances going to hit?"

D.J. 1: "Uh..."

D.J. 2: "Is this a trick question?"

D.J. 1: "You sure you don't mean Ivan?"

Caller: "No Frances.  When's it gonna hit?"

D.J. 3: "Well lady, I'll tell you what.  Hurricane Frances is gonna hit...... if you're in Louisiana."

D.J. 2: "Yea, it kinda already passed."

Caller: "Oh." *click*

Anyway, good to be back! Ivan and the rest of the hurricanes: STAY AWAY! I LIKE MY POWER!

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: I HAVE POWER AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 07:22:17 PM »

Glad to hear you're safe - WELCOME BACK! ;D

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 02:01:00 AM »

ditto be prepared......
i was out of power for 3 days up here too...

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 06:11:59 AM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1094583491,s=2 date=1094695260]ditto be prepared......
i was out of power for 3 days up here too...[/quote]

Man, a lot of Floridians here!

Yea, no power for 3 days is bad enough.  I can only imagine what 3-4 weeks would be.

My dad says if Ivan hits, we're getting in our van, taking some things, and visiting our cousins in Maryland for a long while.  Personally, I think that'd be cool, but I hate packing.  Ivan better disappear  >:(

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 03:30:50 PM »

Lucky for me I don't have to worry about Huricanes... I just have to worry about earthquakes.   We have been told that there is going to be a big one soon but then they have been saying this for about 20 years.  I remember about four years ago I think we had one on the scale at like 9 or something and I remember being at school under a desk thinking well this is the big one we are all going to die. hehe.   

Of course our teachers arn't afraid to state that half the buildings in our town will be leveled and there will be extreme casualties (sp?)

I know you shouldn't lie to kids... but I don't think my little brother needs to worry about having a house fall on him.
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 10:57:26 PM »

ivans gonna miss they are saying....

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2004, 12:03:50 AM »

I hope tis true