Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just Like Starting Over  (Read 7948 times)

Wayne L.

Just Like Starting Over
« on: May 19, 2004, 03:31:27 PM »

I think Just Like Starting Over is one of John's " worst songs " as a solo artist because it's too mainstream & too bland like something Paul would record as a solo artist, it sounds like a 50's pop song from Lennon's youth with its Elvis feel even though " I wasn't too impressed " with it when it was released at the time or now since it's not Instant Karma or Imagine, it was great to have John " back in the spotlight " again since I thought I might see this former Beatle live on tour before he was tragedically murdered but this solo classic isn't one of his finest!

Re: Just Like Starting Over
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 03:53:19 PM »

I really like Just Like Starting Over...it's that touch of 50's rock that makes it special...

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 04:28:15 PM »

I love it.  It is a great Beatley song, and when it came out I was unaware he was recording again so it was a wonderful surprise (briefly, anyway, until December).

Nothing wrong with that song at all, not a thing.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 05:40:12 PM »

Awww, I love this song.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 06:06:54 PM »

It's a good song - not his best though. I thought Woman and Watching The Wheels were better. It's always sad listening the Double Fantasy because the music reminds me so much of that December.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 10:09:40 PM »

It's one of my favorite songs

---powered by Moondogs®---

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 11:30:44 PM »

It always reminded me that even John Lennon had an "orbison" faze. Personally I love the song. And I would go as far as to say I think you're dead wrong. "Starting over" was one of the BEST Lennon songs. He shows a different side in that song, a vunerability, and you're dumb! lol

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 01:01:48 AM »

The song was great. (that was easy)

Wayne L.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 01:47:43 PM »

I don't believe some of you for a moment because Just Like Starting Over is just a  " mediocre song " by John unlike Instant Karma & Imagine. 

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 02:25:28 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1084980687,s=8 date=1085060863]I don't believe some of you for a moment because Just Like Starting Over is just a

Wayne L.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 02:32:59 PM »

You do.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 04:51:45 PM »

Well, I aint that crazy about 'Imagine' to be honest with you. I think this song is alot more pleasing to the ear.

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 09:59:36 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1084980687,s=10 date=1085063579]You do.[/quote]

Guess again.

(Perfect troll technique.  BTW my pointing out how much of a jerk you are doesn't mean I give a sh*t.)

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 11:25:25 PM »

Wayne is VERY provocative, but we shouldn't mind that. Wayne's threads almost always do well. The trouble is, Wayne can get annoyed

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 01:57:50 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1084980687,s=13 date=1085095525]Wayne is VERY provocative, but we shouldn't mind that. Wayne's threads almost always do well. The trouble is, Wayne can get annoyed

Wayne L.

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2004, 12:37:11 PM »

I'm just giving my opinion on this Beatles board, I don't see anything provacotive about it, I'm just speaking my mind like everyboy else. 

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2004, 04:19:20 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1084980687,s=15 date=1085229431]I'm just giving my opinion on this Beatles board, I don't see anything provacotive about it, I'm just speaking my mind like everyboy else.

JohnLennon

• One And One Is Two
  • lennon 817
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 08:16:56 PM »

just like(starting over) owns you
DAVID PEEL IS REAL

Runforyourlife

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 02:15:40 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1084980687,s=11 date=1085071905]Well, I aint that crazy about 'Imagine' to be honest with you. I think this song is alot more pleasing to the ear.[/quote]

I'm glad someone spoke up and gave an honest opinion of "Imagine." I really love the song, but I'm tired of it being eulogized and proclaimed to be his best song. That's utter rubbish, because no one can ascertain for the general what anyone's best song is.

Personally, I'm a fan of his obscure, lesser-known, lesser-appreciated songs. I LOVE to death things like "Oh My Love" and "Out the Blue" and "Tight A$" and "Nobody Loves You (When You're Down and Out" and "Remember", "I Found Out", "Crippled Inside" and everything that's on Milk and Honey and, God, his demos...they are seriously beautiful.

He has soooo many gorgeous, gorgeous songs that just send shivers up my spine and what do I hear people say? "Oh "Imagine." I think I could go on the rest of my life not hearing that song again and be fine. But the others? Never take them from me. I guess I'm one of the few, strange John fans. Don't know...

But anyway..."Starting Over"? I love it. Great fun, great song, who cares if there's no message. People like Paul's music and he rarely says much. If you like a song for whatever reason, that's all that matters.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2004, 10:23:15 AM »

Starting Over is one of his best in my opinion.......I love Imagine, but I've just heard it so much....that and "Jealous Guy" often prevent me from putting the Imagine album on because I'm a bit tired of hearing those two tracks.....they're amazing songs, but they've just been overplayed for me.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 82 queries.