Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 107

Author Topic: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them  (Read 197569 times)

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
Re: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them
« Reply #640 on: May 29, 2010, 12:01:52 AM »

Last night we watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I knew it was the movie where the Time Warp song comes from, but I've never seen it before. The guy who lent it to us admitted that it was a rather strange movie, so I wasn't really surprised or disappointed when I didn't quite "get it". But I'm thinking that there must be a way of "getting it", seeing as it's such a famous movie... I suppose I better look it up on the TV Tropes site ;)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #641 on: June 01, 2010, 06:55:27 AM »

I saw It's Complicated and I thought it was okay not the best movie ever but there were some funny bits in it.  :) And Alec Baldwin is always good for a laugh.

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Nicky Sedgwick

• One And One Is Two
  • I like starving, it keeps the fear up :)
« Reply #642 on: June 01, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »

Shrek Forever - great movie this time!
which one is it ? the 4th ??

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #643 on: June 01, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »

which one is it ? the 4th ??

Yes! The 4th! But it is really very good, as for me I liked it very much.  ;yes

Nicky Sedgwick

• One And One Is Two
  • I like starving, it keeps the fear up :)
« Reply #644 on: June 13, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »

Ok.
I hope i'll enjoy it as much as you did ^^

LSD

• Getting Better
  • My lovely George
« Reply #645 on: June 23, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »

I saw It's Complicated and I thought it was okay not the best movie ever but there were some funny bits in it.  :) And Alec Baldwin is always good for a laugh.
My mom is obsessed with that movie. I've seen it atleast 6 times already. Like you said its not the best movie ever so it can get a bit boring after the 3rd time. I notice my mom has a thing for Meryl Streep Ive seen Mama Mia with her atleasst 15 times.
I Me Mine.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #646 on: June 30, 2010, 01:16:11 AM »

I last saw American Graffiti which I thought was a rather good little movie but hardly the life-changing classic that it is made out to be. Perhaps I wasn't in the right mindset. I dunno, it was pretty good, just not "amazing".
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #647 on: July 01, 2010, 02:47:11 AM »

Mairi, we must remember that American Graffiti marked the early careers of the director and actors in the film.  The film came out in 1973 and dealt with a time, August 1962, before what many consider to be the loss of innocence which occured with the JFK assassination, the war in Viet Nam, the Martin Luther King and RFK assassinations, and Nixon-Watergate.  With such heady events over the previous ten years, we longed for a movie like that.  And it was a popular and financially successful film.  I saw it twice in 1973!

Watching it today, I tend to agree with your thoughts on the film.  So much has happened in the past 37 years since its release that it doesn't hold the appeal it did in 1973.

But American Graffiti brought us Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Harrison Ford, George Lucas and Ron Howard (status/post Opie Taylor).  It remains a significant film.

I can stay till it's time to go

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #648 on: July 01, 2010, 05:41:34 PM »

I went to the third Twilight movie "Eclipse" last night, and all in all, for someone my age, it was good. I also saw a lot of adults in the theatere which was suprising, because it is very teen orientated. The only thing that got to me was Kristina Stewart's (Bella's) acting was sometimes really bad, I wanted to slap her and say "I could do a better acting job than that!" in a few scenes.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #649 on: July 01, 2010, 11:41:23 PM »

I went to the third Twilight movie "Eclipse" last night, and all in all, for someone my age, it was good. I also saw a lot of adults in the theatere which was suprising, because it is very teen orientated. The only thing that got to me was Kristina Stewart's (Bella's) acting was sometimes really bad, I wanted to slap her and say "I could do a better acting job than that!" in a few scenes.

Hey! I saw that one too, and I agree that after a while she can become quite annoying. I went to this twilight marathon so I was at the theatre for about seven hours and after watching her for three movies she did kind of start to get annoying.  ha2ha But I thought the movie was pretty good too. There was just one other thing I couldn't take, her wig! Did you notice it? I thought it looked so terrible and distracted me through the whole thing. I read about her wearing one before I saw the film but I think I would of noticed even if I hadn't read about it.

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #650 on: July 02, 2010, 09:48:53 AM »

Evan Almighty it was ok but I prefer Bruce Almighty

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #651 on: July 05, 2010, 10:08:03 PM »

Mairi, we must remember that American Graffiti marked the early careers of the director and actors in the film.  The film came out in 1973 and dealt with a time, August 1962, before what many consider to be the loss of innocence which occured with the JFK assassination, the war in Viet Nam, the Martin Luther King and RFK assassinations, and Nixon-Watergate.  With such heady events over the previous ten years, we longed for a movie like that.  And it was a popular and financially successful film.  I saw it twice in 1973!

Watching it today, I tend to agree with your thoughts on the film.  So much has happened in the past 37 years since its release that it doesn't hold the appeal it did in 1973.

But American Graffiti brought us Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Harrison Ford, George Lucas and Ron Howard (status/post Opie Taylor).  It remains a significant film.

I must say I do love Ron Howard and pretty much anything he's done!

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #652 on: July 10, 2010, 01:28:56 AM »

Hey! I saw that one too, and I agree that after a while she can become quite annoying. I went to this twilight marathon so I was at the theatre for about seven hours and after watching her for three movies she did kind of start to get annoying.  ha2ha But I thought the movie was pretty good too. There was just one other thing I couldn't take, her wig! Did you notice it? I thought it looked so terrible and distracted me through the whole thing. I read about her wearing one before I saw the film but I think I would of noticed even if I hadn't read about it.

I watched Eclipse last night, on impulse (but I didn't notice the wig, haha ;) ). I liked it much more than New Moon. New Moon was a bit too soppy for me... (more than a bit, actually). Also in Eclipse the Cullens make more of an appearance, and I like those guys 8) Didn't read the books or anything, but I find the movies good fun (well, the first and third at any rate).

I wanna see Toy Story 3! :)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #653 on: July 12, 2010, 01:56:12 AM »

The last movie I watched was David Lynch's Blue Velvet which messed with my psyche. It was very good, but overall it really just makes me want to quote this specific line of dialogue from the late, great Dennis Hopper:

Blue Velvet Pabst Blue Ribbon

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #654 on: July 12, 2010, 04:43:57 AM »

Easy Rider Opening

Rest in peace, Dennis.
I can stay till it's time to go

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #655 on: July 19, 2010, 01:22:44 PM »

'Graveyard Shift'. A terrible low budget movie that's supposed to be based on a short story by Stephen King.

And really, what's up with movie makers who base their movies on books and then change pretty much everything about it? The most silly change here is that they turned the giant rat from the book into... a giant bat!

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #656 on: July 24, 2010, 11:42:10 PM »

Today I saw Toy Story 3 it was brilliant gave me a tear though

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #657 on: August 10, 2010, 08:05:31 PM »

I last saw the indie movie "Thirteen" which is a semi-autobiographical indie film about a girl whose life starts spinning out of control with sex and drugs at the age of 13. It was so messed up. When I was 13, I was reading teenybopper mags... actually I was on this forum! Anyway it was good, but the clothes are so 2003 it hurts.

I also saw Inception which was SO COOL, especially for someone like me who is really into dreams and the subconcious.

AngeloMysterioso

• A Beginning
« Reply #658 on: August 11, 2010, 09:45:10 PM »

V for Vendetta. A great underrated movie.
Music's all right John, but you'll never make a living out of it.

LSD

• Getting Better
  • My lovely George
« Reply #659 on: August 29, 2010, 08:34:25 PM »

I last saw the indie movie "Thirteen" which is a semi-autobiographical indie film about a girl whose life starts spinning out of control with sex and drugs at the age of 13. It was so messed up. When I was 13, I was reading teenybopper mags... actually I was on this forum! Anyway it was good, but the clothes are so 2003 it hurts.

I also saw Inception which was SO COOL, especially for someone like me who is really into dreams and the subconcious.

Oh I remember when that came out. I was in my early teens and I rem some of the girls in my grade were obsessed with it. I couldnt really relate cause well none of those things were my concern back then ( not that they are now). It was good though it opened my eyes to my very own generation.

I havent seen Inception as yet, though Ive heard all good things about.

As for V for vendetta. I love that movie. Though its one of the ones I have to watch with subtitles.
"VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition." - I love that!!

The last two movies I watched were:
Inglorious Bastards ( FINALLY) I loved it. It was Tarantino so Im yet to be disappointed ( well aside from Grindhouse I didnt care tooo much for that).

And one of my all time favorite movies Breakfast at Tiffany's.
I can never tire of Audrey Hepburn. Oh and Paul.. *swoon* I swear men dont look like that anymore.
I Me Mine.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 107

Page created in 0.597 seconds with 92 queries.