Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Question/Song Trivia... Please Help me out!  (Read 992 times)

allineedislove

• One And One Is Two
Question/Song Trivia... Please Help me out!
« on: April 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello,

I would really appreciate any help you guys can give because this question has been driving my fiance and I absolutely insane!
I was recently listening to an old song from one of my mother's collections. The song was called "Sorrow" and I *believe* though I am not sure (and it wasn't marked on the tape) that the bands name is 'The Merseys' or 'The MerseyBeats'
ANYHOW there was a line in the song that went "With her long blonde hair and her eyes of blue" and I very distinctly remembered hearing this line in a Beatles song. Yet, when I tried to come up with the name of the song, I drew a omplete blank. I asked my mother and she had no idea what I was talkign about.
Being fairly sure of myself, I asked my fiance for help (we are both HUGE Beatles fans, which makes the situation worse.) Obviously since I am posting on this board, he was unable to tell me was this line was quoted in a Beatles song as well.

Now I know I am not crazy and this question continues to boggle my mind. I would TRULY appreciate ANY help you can provide to answer the question:
What was the title of the Beatles song that contained the line 'With her long blonde hair and her eyes of blue' somewhere in the song???

Please HELP!

Thanks so much! Have a wonderful day!!
There's a pair of kinky boot beasts!
And they're preparing to attack!

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
Re: Question/Song Trivia... Please Help me out!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 05:08:34 AM »

IT'S ALL TOO MUCH, from the Yellow Submarine album. George Harrison wrote this psychedelic piece.

allineedislove

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 05:14:12 AM »

OH Thank you SO MUCH!!! I think I will sleep well tonight! LOL. I can hear it in my head now that I think about it! Wow. How silly of me to forget like that! THANKS SOO SO MUCH!

Have a WONDERFUL Night!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 05:16:29 AM »

Glad to help! Thanks for being appreciative. You have a good night too.  :)

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 09:50:20 AM »

A bit more info : the Merseys biggest hit in the UK was this song Sorrow in April 1966.
George borrowed a line for his song It's All Too Much when he recorded it in 1967.
The Merseys were actually two members of the Merseybeats whose biggest hit was in 1964 with I Think Of You.
Bowie does a version of Sorrow on his album Pinups.

allineedislove

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 01:16:47 PM »

Thanks for the extra info. I have actually heard of the Bowie version of the song Sorrow. I am also a big David Bowie fan and I just bought the "Serious Moonlight" tour DVD two nights ago. When I heard him cover that song... it was like I was being haunted until I figured out where I heard it from in my Beatles collection!
That was when I decided that I would start asking around and luckily, I recieved a nearly instant answer from Ydoll. (Thanks again so much by the way.)

I listened to the Yellow Subamrine Soundtrack on my way to work today and I was more than elated to listen to It's All too Much.

Have a wonderful day!

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 46 queries.