Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Remasters!  (Read 64903 times)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
Re: Remasters!
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2009, 03:01:07 AM »

Any ideas or news on how much the remastered box sets will be?  I just checked Amazon and no info there.  :(
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2009, 03:26:31 AM »

I have looked for the DC 5 stereo stuff myself with no results. It is poss they were only recorded mono. There are a few early R Stones recs that that I cannot find either-- Tell Me, Get Off My Cloud, 19th and Last Time.

I do not understand what the big deal is about the 9/9 releases as all of the stuff has been avail in stereo dig remaster for a number of years now.  

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2009, 03:44:32 AM »

Quote from: 1393
All in stereo! My favourite Please Please Me! I won`t resist it...
From reading Rec The Beales it seems this song is unique in that the stereo and mono versions were actually recorded on two different machines. I have not heard the mono version in a number of years but alas, there are several obvious defects in the stereo master tape that I don't think can be removed. Fortunately the two or three gaffs are over by about 45 secs.  The American CD release of Early Beatles is the version I am describing.  In this case we may end up with the mono version to be better.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2009, 05:30:22 AM »

Quote from: 2121
I do not understand what the big deal is about the 9/9 releases as all of the stuff has been avail in stereo dig remaster for a number of years now.  

If you think they sound alright, then stick with them.

Revolver42

• Getting Better
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2009, 05:39:47 PM »

Just a thought I had about the remasters packaging.  From what I understand, the art work is suppose to be more faithful to the original vinyl issues, correct?

I would love it if the Pepper's disc had all the extras (Sgt Pepper mustaches and badges, etc) that came with the original vinyl and the "White Album" was numbered for a limited run and included art the pics, etc with it as well.  I also hope that unlike the currently available disc, that "THE BEATLES" is not printed on in dark lettering.  I want the popped up name in white.
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Revolver42

• Getting Better
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2009, 07:11:16 PM »

Three more months!!!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2009, 01:53:36 AM »

Quote from: 1426
Three more months!!!

we're all obssesed countin down the months, weeks and days. haha! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2009, 04:19:36 AM »

Quote from: 1620
Any ideas or news on how much the remastered box sets will be?  I just checked Amazon and no info there.  :(

Sorry, I just wanted to bump up my question in hopes of finding any answers or at least reasonable rumors.  

Any answers not pertaining to conspiracies, drugs, heretics, infidels, or Lee Harvey Oswald living in your backyard will be greatly appreciated.

:P

Bobber

« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2009, 07:09:53 AM »

Quote from: 1620

Sorry, I just wanted to bump up my question in hopes of finding any answers or at least reasonable rumors.  

Any answers not pertaining to conspiracies, drugs, heretics, infidels, or Lee Harvey Oswald living in your backyard will be greatly appreciated.

:P

There is a separate thread on the repackaging here: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/m-1196032146/

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2009, 11:10:31 PM »

so excited for these!

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2009, 09:57:40 AM »

Though I'm obviously very pleased that this is finally happening, Apple, once again have failed to get it right. If the promo shots are anything to go by, the packaging looks disappointing to me. I was hoping for something akin to George's 'Living In The Material World' packaging; a good solid digipack plus booklet packaged in a quality printed box. Shouldn't we deserve something like that? They've had years to see how everyone else is doing it, and it looks like poor quality along the lines of the 'Love' CD. And all the mono's in a box set? I may have only bought 2 or 3 of the mono's, now I have to get the lot, when really they should have been included with the stereo versions. Apple really are the pits.

tucka

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2009, 02:42:48 PM »

just preordered both boxsets from amazon for £295 including postage. can't believe the mono boxset is more expensive just because it is exclusive as a boxset. worked out £100 cheaper than buying from hmv or the official store though

Bobber

« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2009, 06:28:34 PM »

Black = stereo, white = mono

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2009, 08:05:31 PM »

I don't think I'll be buying these when they come out. As a college student, I don't have the scratch. Looks cool though- I think I'll wait a year or so until the prices drop.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2009, 08:59:49 PM »

^ haha, I'll forgo buying books in order to get these!!!!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

tucka

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2009, 12:42:52 PM »

these have come straight out of my student loan

Revolver42

• Getting Better
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2009, 03:58:15 PM »

Let say in 9/9/2009, you either have one of the box sets or have purchased multiple albums-  which one do you go to first?  Even though I like Revolver the best, I may spin "The White Album" first.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »

Quote from: 1426
Let say in 9/9/2009, you either have one of the box sets or have purchased multiple albums-  which one do you go to first?  Even though I like Revolver the best, I may spin "The White Album" the best.

A Hard Days Night, without question. Then probably With The Beatles, as in my opinion it's the worst sounding of the currently available CD's. Then probably the mono Pepper. Toss up after that.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »

Please, tell me what the point of buying mono is.   :-/

Bobber

« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2009, 07:04:45 AM »

Quote from: 1393
Please, tell me what the point of buying mono is.   :-/

In the 60's mono was the way that artists and producers made the records. Therefore, it is said that this is how the Beatles wanted to release their songs. They almost always attended the mixing for mono, almost never for stereo. There are notable differences between mono and stereo mixes. Mono gives a more compact sound and many people say that this is how the sixties really sounded.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 84 queries.