Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Beatles under a microscope - With The Beatles  (Read 39187 times)

nimrod

Re: Beatles under a microscope - With The Beatles
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2011, 05:14:07 AM »

Ohh Im not saying its not good, its very interesting but I just think he uses some big words when small ones would suffice  ;D

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2012, 11:07:20 PM »

9. Hold Me Tight - Another guilty pleasure of mine. Its nothing more than an average filler tune, but I dig it for some reason. I’m on the fence with the handclaps. Sometimes I think their too much and then others they feel like they need to be there. I don’t know. Love how Paul carries the chorus with his high ’Its You oo oo’. The walking guitar is nice. Backgrounds don’t sound tight throughout for some reason. 1:55 mark theres a real low ’OHH’ in the background. Neat. Love the slow down ending.

Can't believe this one it sticks out for me, can't understand why. Just kicks ass in a really sublte way...

nimrod

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2012, 11:20:48 PM »

Can't believe this one it sticks out for me, can't understand why. Just kicks ass in a really sublte way...

great song by Paul, very interesting guitar from George

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2012, 11:44:09 PM »

It's all a blast... I'm in love with it. It's things like this that wants me to get a guitar again...

topperking99

• One And One Is Two
  • The Toppermost of the Poppermost
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2012, 05:33:08 AM »

This was the first Beatles album I owned. An older friend of my father's gave it to me. It was on a cassette, taped off of the LP so there were lots of skips and pops, but I loved it! It was an awakening for an 11 year old in Kuwait to hear "making love to only you" on Hold Me Tight. It was the first adult lyric that I can recall actually understanding what it was they were talking about.
Every time I hear the album, it takes me back. Love it.
We All Live In a Yellow Submarine

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »

With the Beatles/Beatles 2nd Album and maybe (Beatles 64 & Beatles 6) are the only two(4) records that I prefere the American versions of better. Meet the Beatles has a stronger set with ISHST and IWTHYH which anchor the set list as with later albums. The 2nd Album has a bluesier, harder setlist with pop gems like SLY etc... If this could have been their double album I think it would have amazing!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2012, 02:40:29 PM »

All I've gotta do should be called Squeaky Drum Bass Peh eh eh eh dal.

But its a good song. 

The remaster is awesome.

My sleeper song off this album is Devil In Her Heart, but I think that's because The Early Beatles was one of the first Beatle 8-Tracks we had in the house when I was a kid.
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2012, 10:45:19 PM »

With the Beatles/Beatles 2nd Album and maybe (Beatles 64 & Beatles 6) are the only two(4) records that I prefere the American versions of better. Meet the Beatles has a stronger set with ISHST and IWTHYH which anchor the set list as with later albums. The 2nd Album has a bluesier, harder setlist with pop gems like SLY etc... If this could have been their double album I think it would have amazing!

I'd say that Beatles 2nd Album and Beatles VI didn't have British sisters to be compared with. Meet The Beatles and Beatles '65 would be the American versions of With The Beatles and Beatles For Sale, respectively.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2012, 02:14:03 AM »

I'd say that Beatles 2nd Album and Beatles VI didn't have British sisters to be compared with. Meet The Beatles and Beatles '65 would be the American versions of With The Beatles and Beatles For Sale, respectively.

Several tracks from Beatles For Sale were on Beatles VI also.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2012, 03:36:25 AM »

Several tracks from Beatles For Sale were on Beatles VI also.

All right, but I mean the format, the tracklisting, Beatles '65 would be the diffuse mirror of Beatles For Sale, while Beatles VI is merely a bastard album without a definitive main origin.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2012, 04:37:36 AM »

All right, but I mean the format, the tracklisting, Beatles '65 would be the diffuse mirror of Beatles For Sale, while Beatles VI is merely a bastard album without a definitive main origin.

Ahh...gotcha!
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.49 seconds with 60 queries.